[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

CaptainHook

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think the Eagles should suspend him for several weeks including regular season for conduct detrimental to the team.  Then they should threaten to go for some of his signing bonus.

922630[/snapback]

Based on what? Even if you do not like or respect his opinion he's allowed to have one. This isn't like he's running around covering up double homicides...

They are obviously being very careful, and this whole put-my-career-on-the-line-for-the-team-in-the-SB is something they will not be letting go of anytime soon, because it is a pretty effective card.

I just wish Berman would havemsaid something about honoring the contract signed one year ago.

If TO thinks he can just walk around camp, not talking to anyone, listening to his head phones, he's got a lot to learn. They think that is "professional"?

Give me Marvin Harrison any day of the week.

This guy is the biggest cancer in the HISTORY of the NFL.

The 49ers are laughing their asses off.

i don't see how he plays for the eagles this yr. no way does he make the whole organization eat crow. he's either traded or sits out. the audacity of the guy to think he doesn't have to talk to anybody??? thats the craziest s h i t i've ever heard an athlete say about his teammates and coaches.

I've done a complete turn around from my original position, I think that the eagles should restructure his contract... he almost beat the patriots on a broken leg... He did show that he was playing for a ring... I think that they should tweak the contract a little bit, so its more balanced... But, I think Rosenhous is a complete donkey... Along with Andy Reid, I dont buy the whole "trying to keep it in house" if thats the way you want it ran, you don't tell someone to shut up, then suspend them.

The problem as I see it is that Owens thinks he is God himself and Rosenhaus thinks everyone is an idiot.

I am sick of hearing Rosenhaus saying Owens isn't paid as one of the top WRs in the league. It is real easy to only count this season, but what about the $9M+ he made last season and the $7M+ he would have made next season if it wasn't for this crap.

The waiver Owens says he signed for the Superbowl was all about what is going on right now. If he did sign it, he didn't do it for the Eagles, he did it because he knew if he didn't play he would have no leverage at all to pull this crap (not that he has much leverage now anyway).

Then they both act like Owens has done nothing wrong. They argue that Owens showed up to camp but other players who were expected to be there held out. I agree to a point, but he did everything he could to grab attention. This guy did everything he could to show the Eagles up. Then he gets into an apparent shouting match with Reid where he tells Reid to shut up. This after he tells an assistant who wanted to talk to him that the assistant shouldn't talk to him unless he talks to the assistant first.

I can't begin to imaging how this guys mind works. How can you be so self-centered that you have no grasp on reality.

Like I said CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE TEAM

922652[/snapback]

Without being privvy to the conversation, we'll never know what was really said. Other than that, he didn't want to do an autogrpah session.

I'm sure most of this stuff is built into a contract, including how/what type of 'punishment' is allowed.

This is rediciulous, but I don't think the Eagles are doing the best they can either in the handling of it. IMO, if it was an argument that led to them dismissing him for a week - something I do not think any of us have ever heard of before - then they were looking for a reason to send him home. TO, of course, provided one on a silver platter.