[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

CaptainHook

unfortunately, this is part of what makes the NFL so popular, guys have to actually play, and play well, to continue to make their $$$

922866[/snapback]

Unfortunately, probably close to 99% of America also has to complete their work, and do it well to continue to make their money and keep their job. And even then companies lay off thousands of people at a time who are not necessarily slacking off.

Most of that 99% will not have any type of pity for someone who made $9 million last year and several million more in the next couple years if he would have not acted like such a childish whiner and learned to live with his own decisions. All he is doing is alienting himself from NFL teams and some fans.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Royalwitcheese,

First of all, if you have read the posts before on this site you would know the whole "players can get cut unfairly" topic was already discussed. Yes, teams can cut players. How do players compensate? SIGNING BONUS. If a player signs a contract and then is a bust, he still keeps his signing bonus. Ask Ryan Leaf.

Owens is a top WR, I agree. How exactly is he not paid like it? Unless I am wrong, he would have averaged $7M a year for this contract.

Owens did tell Reid to shut up. It has been reported on radio for the past two days here in Philly

If the Eagles are such a bad organization, why did Trotter and Hugh Douglas come back after 1 year? Why did Owens sign here in the first place? Why did Kearse sign here?

Once again, if you read previous posts about the subject, Westbrook is holding out for a long term deal. He can become a free agent next season but wants a long term deal from the Eagles. People have posted on this site and I have heard from Howard Eskin's radio show (sports radio host in Philly) that Westbrook was offered money comparable to Deuce McAllister and turned it down. I believe Westbrook should be paid similar to McAllister IMO, but to turn down a similar contract that Deuce got when Alexander and Edge could be FA next season is downright crazy.

I also said that I admire Owens for the way he gives 100% on the field, but this off the field crap is starting to hurt the team. Sometimes it get to be too much.

Figure the Newbs would be the ones to understand TO's side of things.

TO is an a$$. He will play or he will rot on the bench. End of story.

922916[/snapback]

??? So huddle new-b equals pre-schooler... if you say so

T.O. IS an a$$, as is probably 10-20% of professional athletes.

Sitting him on the bench the entire season? Now THAT would be detrimental to the rest of the guys out there bustin their but everyday. If you're not going to play him, then trade him while he still has at least some value left.

How in the world would benching him be in the best interest of the Eagles winning as many games as they can this season?

I have no sympathy for him, but even less for the billionaires he's arguing with

922925[/snapback]

TO makes a valid point when he says he is the one at risk...the Eagles can cut him at their leisure and he is bound by the contract he signed. So is EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the NFL. Priest Holmes, Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis.

TO is simply an ASS who has taken the good will and leverage he built in the Super Bowl and thrown it away beginning when he ran down McNabb after the game.

Oh yeah, and he is in this situation because his agent failed to file for free agency status before he was traded to Baltimore, then fired his agent and signed his sweetheart deal with the Eagles after the Union advised him not too.

But this is all someone elses fault...

That worked real well last week for Rafeal Palmeiro :D

How in the world would benching him be in the best interest of the Eagles winning as many games as they can this season?

922932[/snapback]

He is a Cancer...remove him and the body has a chance to be stronger....?

Hello?....aren't we missing something here? While TO is certainly outspoken enough without an agent egging him on.....isn't it just possible....that Rosenweinie has a LOT more to do with this than we think?

Think about it people.....TO signed that contract last year....with another agent. So at the very least...the other agent got his 10 or 15% (whatever they get nowadays) from last year's salary and and signing bonus. Right?

I don't think anyone has a CLUE what Rosenhaus is asking for moneywise....but if his compensation (for this year at least) is based on THIS year's salary...of course he's going to put a bug in TO's ear that he needs a new deal! :doah:

Think about it...your best and arguably most talented client.....the one that has you at his beck and call above all others....the one that you are spending the MOST time appeasing (and sucking up to).....is the one that will make you the LEAST amount of money this year based on his current contract.

No wonder TO feels broke. :D

As an aside....I believe the Eagles had the right to "suspend" him based on his noshow for a MANDATORY autograph signing...regardless of the other causes being thrown around.

TO makes a valid point when he says he is the one at risk...the Eagles can cut him at their leisure and he is bound by the contract he signed.  So is EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the NFL.  Priest Holmes, Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis.

TO is simply an ASS who has taken the good will and leverage he built in the Super Bowl and thrown it away beginning when he ran down McNabb after the game. 

Oh yeah, and he is in this situation because his agent failed to file for free agency status before he was traded to Baltimore, then fired his agent and signed his sweetheart deal with the Eagles after the Union advised him not too. 

But this is all someone elses fault...

That worked real well last week for Rafeal Palmeiro :D

922938[/snapback]

I think we've established that he's an ass, but think about this, what if the only things T.O. did different during this training camp were

a)attend the autograph session

b)not be nasty to the OC and

c)not have the argument w/Andy Reid

What would we be talking about? Nothing, because he wouldn't have been suspended. He would still be an ass, he would still not be speaking to anyone other than when spoken to.

In other words, he would be following Drew's initial plan to the letter and as an added bonus, this public backlash wouldn't exist because we wouldn't know about it. But, there would still be whatever strain there is between TO and McKnabb and whoever else on the team he isn't socializing with.

Would that have been good for the team? Of course not. And that my friends, whether you agree with it or not, is how the plan was supposed to pan out. And it would have worked too, if it wasn't for that crazy kid!!

All I'm sayin is that the plan had a chance, just the wrong guy to try and execute it with. To change a system like this (and I am not saying I think it should be changed) you will need support from the fans and TO will never have that kind of support.

Edited by hinesite

Not many of us could tell our boss to shutup without consequence.

TO is not professional.

TO is under contract. A pretty new contract.

TO did not bust his butt to play in the Superbowl for his team. He did it for TO - he wanted the press and fans fawning all over him.

Drew doesn't get a dime from TO's last contract. Not this year, not next, not ever. A percentage each year goes to the agent that brokered the deal.

The only way Rosenhaus gets any money at all is if a NEW DEAL IS SIGNED.

I think we've established that he's an ass, but think about this, what if the only things T.O. did different during this training camp were

What would we be talking about? Nothing, because he wouldn't have been suspended.  He would still be an ass, he would still not be speaking to anyone other than when spoken to.

In other words, he would be following Drew's initial plan to the letter and as an added bonus, this public backlash wouldn't exist because we wouldn't know about it.  But, there would still be whatever strain there is between TO and McKnabb and whoever else on the team he isn't socializing with.

Would that have been good for the team? Of course not.  And that my friends, whether you agree with it or not, is how the plan was supposed to pan out.  And it would have worked too, if it wasn't for that crazy kid!!

All I'm sayin is that the plan had a chance, just the wrong guy to try and execute it with.  To change a system like this (and I am not saying I think it should be changed) you will need support from the fans and TO will never have that kind of support.

922950[/snapback]

I dont deny the "plan" had a chance....but if it centered on TO being anything but TO....it was a snowball's chance in hell.

This is only interesting because it is the train wreck that you could see coming...

trading him isnt an option because at this point even Danny Boy probably wouldnt take him!

TO- the next great polarizing talkshow personality after his career is over, which could be sooner rather than later.

no team in its right mind should ever sign this guy again for more than one year, that is all the longer he can be happy in one place. that is if you can find a team to sign him again.

another great talent who is self destructing

Stronger, yes; strongest, no.  Why not remove him AND get some help for an already depleted WR corps

922955[/snapback]

Sure! I agree, but how do you do that?

Hey, I'll trade you some cancer for some.......turd?

I dont deny the "plan" had a chance....but if it centered on TO being anything but TO....it was a snowball's chance in hell.

This is only interesting because it is the train wreck that you could see coming...

trading him isnt an option because at this point even Danny Boy probably wouldnt take him!

922969[/snapback]

danny-boy would be at the front of a VERY long line to acquire TO's services... just ask San Diego and Miami about one David Boston

danny-boy would be at the front of a VERY long line to acquire TO's services...  just ask San Diego and Miami about one David Boston

922982[/snapback]

At the end of the day you are probably right. TO does have the talent to make a difference and that is the basis of his stand. The problem is that he is seriously beginning to look like he has more issues than Ricky Williams....

Hey that's it!!! Nah

Drew doesn't get a dime from TO's last contract.  Not this year, not next, not ever.  A percentage each year goes to the agent that brokered the deal. 

The only way Rosenhaus gets any money at all is if a NEW DEAL IS SIGNED.

922957[/snapback]

Ahhhhh......Thank you, Capt!! I always wondered about that myself....but my best guess was exactly what I wrote (based on commission sales or portfolio management economics. You wouldn't get the initial commission, but you might get the annual percentage for managing,). :D

If what you say is right......all the MORE reason for Drew to be whispering hard in TO's ear....don't ya think? Now that you've clarified it....everything else is just fluff...the supposed waiver...the chilly contact with teammates.....the blatent disregard for authority....all a ruse and a play to get someone else to pay his agent and get more front-loaded money.

If this is the case....I'm betting Drew didn't take him on pure contingency....no fool would take on a client with a 6 year deal in place purely on the hopes to get a restructuring 3 or 4 years from now and not get paid a dime in the interrim....would they? Drew may be an A$$....but I'm pretty sure he isn't an idiot when it comes to getting paid himself. :D

They're both a couple of paid friends......if you ask me. :D

What would we be talking about? Nothing, because he wouldn't have been suspended.  He would still be an ass, he would still not be speaking to anyone other than when spoken to.

In other words, he would be following Drew's initial plan to the letter and as an added bonus, this public backlash wouldn't exist because we wouldn't know about it.  But, there would still be whatever strain there is between TO and McKnabb and whoever else on the team he isn't socializing with.

Would that have been good for the team? Of course not.  And that my friends, whether you agree with it or not, is how the plan was supposed to pan out.  And it would have worked too, if it wasn't for that crazy kid!!

All I'm sayin is that the plan had a chance, just the wrong guy to try and execute it with.  To change a system like this (and I am not saying I think it should be changed) you will need support from the fans and TO will never have that kind of support.

922950[/snapback]

Mr. Rosenhaus, you make some good points. I hope you worked a side deal with that SLOW before you wasted all of that time.

It's gotten so bad that I am waiting for the race card to be played....

922687[/snapback]

Nope, that doesn't happen until "The Man" shows up at TOs's house with a glove.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. TO is pulling the same crap he did in SF. He wants out, and the only way he can get that is to irritate Eagles Management into cutting him.

The problem with this is, who the hell is going to want TO. Sure he has talent, lots of it, but the attitude and problems he brings to the table have now begun to far outweigh that talent. Does that mean that no other team will touch him? Nope. But the contract will be a lot less the the +9Mil he's gotten so far.

My guess is that he will play this season, like his last season in SF. But he'll be a loner. Those sideline shots during the game, the guy sitting alone, TO.