[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

CaptainHook

I've done a complete turn around from my original position, I think that the eagles should restructure his contract... he almost beat the patriots on a broken leg... He did show that he was playing for a ring...  I think that they should tweak the contract a little bit, so its more balanced... But, I think Rosenhous is a complete donkey... Along with Andy Reid, I dont buy the whole "trying to keep it in house" if thats the way you want it ran, you don't tell someone to shut up, then suspend them.

922658[/snapback]

Don't think for one second that he played in the Superbowl for the Eagles. It was all about TO.

And all this talk about signing a waiver to play in the Superbowl is BS according to Howard Eskin of WIP. He said he knows for a fact from team officials that TO was not made to sign any sort of medical waiver to be able to play in the Superbowl despite his injury.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sick of hearing Rosenhaus saying Owens isn't paid as one of the top WRs in the league.  It is real easy to only count this season, but what about the $9M+ he made last season and the $7M+ he would have made next season if it wasn't for this crap. 

922664[/snapback]

I wish every time they mentioned how he is underpaid the reporter reminds them that the NFLPA advised him against signing it.

Can you imagine going to work tomorrow and not talking to anyone.  Have this go on for 10 days.  When somebody finally asks what's wrong you say, "You don't pay me to talk".

922668[/snapback]

Proof positive that people hate TO--28 posts about the interview, and it ended ten minutes ago...LOL

Edited by Ruffian

i was on the fence about this until this interview... T.O. signing that waiver changes everything.... no matter what u think of him THAT did not have to be done... risking everything to play in the Super Bowl is what the NFL is supposed to be about and that's exactly what he did... he showed good faith by signing that waiver; the eagles should show good faith as well

Can you imagine going to work tomorrow and not talking to anyone.  Have this go on for 10 days.  When somebody finally asks what's wrong you say, "You don't pay me to talk".

922668[/snapback]

He said that he talks to receivers, and that he listens to his coach... I don't run around talking to people in other departments, because its not in my job description to talk to them... I'm the girl dog for a certain group, not everyone...

Its all really stupid... Millionares arguing with billionares, but I'm starting to see neither side as the right or wrong side...

boy, a couple of thoughts...first, when Drew needs to jump in, that means that TO screwed up. Second, welcome to the NBA. okay, one more...I hope he returns, goes across the middle and gets his attituded adjusted.

Yeah, but TO  is a little bit better than Meshawn, and Gruden has one a Superbowl, and Reid hasn't.

922688[/snapback]

Yeah but if he is going to comeback and not talk, have his headphones on...I don't think that will fly. He is a big distraction to the team and I think Reids patience will be very short.

I wish every time they mentioned how he is underpaid the reporter reminds them that the NFLPA advised him against signing it.

922674[/snapback]

He went ahead and signed it then because it gave him his chance to gtf out of SF.

I did find TO's comment about McNabb having his brother call TO's nephew (or whatever) rather than McNabb talking directly to TO interesting. Of course, I have no idea if that is more BS or not.

Second, welcome to the NBA.  okay, one more...I hope he returns, goes across the middle and gets his attituded adjusted.

922691[/snapback]

A Michael Irving moment? That happened in Philly if I remember correctly.

i was on the fence about this until this interview...  T.O. signing that waiver changes everything....  no matter what u think of him THAT did not have to be done...  risking everything to play in the Super Bowl is what the NFL is supposed to be about and that's exactly what he did... he showed good faith by signing that waiver; the eagles should show good faith as well

922683[/snapback]

As I said in a previous post, I've heard that he never signed a waiver with the team to play in the Superbowl. A may have signed one for his doctor who wouldn't give him clearance to play but that has nothing to do with the team. He's trying to make himself out to be some kind of martyr.

Without being privvy to the conversation, we'll never know what was really said. Other than that, he didn't want to do an autogrpah session.

I'm sure most of this stuff is built into a contract, including how/what type of 'punishment' is allowed.

This is rediciulous, but I don't think the Eagles are doing the best they can either in the handling of it. IMO, if it was an argument that led to them dismissing him for a week - something I do not think any of us have ever heard of before - then they were looking for a reason to send him home. TO, of course, provided one on a silver platter.

922672[/snapback]

The Eagles don't have to do anything. Owens is under contract and I thought the Eagles made it perfectly clear that they would not re-negotiate with him again. Owens and Rosenhaus were the ones who decided to make it public. I assume they figured the public would see how "rough" T.O. has it and gain some support, which has completely back-fired. The Eagles went a long time without saying anything, but I think they had to say something eventually. And they have been consistent, no new contract.

Was it just me or did they both look extremely nervous, like they know every word they say is digging them into a bigger hole but they are too far to turn back now?

As I said in a previous post, I've heard that he never signed a waiver with the team to play in the Superbowl.  A may have signed one for his doctor who wouldn't give him clearance to play but that has nothing to do with the team.  He's trying to make himself out to be some kind of martyr.

922700[/snapback]

yeah, i saw ur post after i posted... he did use the word "secret" to describe it during the interview so that could by why the guy didn't/doesn't know about it

it could also be BS, who knows.... if it's true though, i stand by my post

I hope they tie a concrete block to his feet and drop him in the ocean. He had to be the biggest moron I've ever seen. "I'm a professional". What a load of crap. And that car salesman of an agent he has isn't much better. I'm so thankful to ESPN for showing what an idiot this guy really is. Good call Rosy but the publicity thing didn't work out too well this time.

:D