[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

CaptainHook

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If he doesn't want to speak with McNabb or anyone on his own time that is fine. But how can you honestly say that not talking to your bosses (coaches) when they want to discuss work is not detrimental. You would get fired if you tried that correct?

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Every job I've been on though there have been people who do not speak to each other unless the job requires it, yet they are still able to get along well enough to do the job well.

This can be done in sports as well; Kobe and Shaq are a prime example.

922810[/snapback]

that display on national TV will have a positive effect on the organization :D

Edited by Last Plane Out

The Eagles could reply in kind. They could forget to tell TO when and where the team bus meets. They could forget to bring his shoulder pads or helmet. They could forget to make his meal. It's not in TO's contract that they have to remember these things. TO can do it for himself.

If he doesn't want to speak with McNabb or anyone on his own time that is fine.  But how can you honestly say that not talking to your bosses (coaches) when they want to discuss work is not detrimental.  You would get fired if you tried that correct?

922817[/snapback]

of course, anyone would be, but the key words in your post are "when they want to discuss work"

From what I heard, it sounded like he spoke when spoken to. Obviously, I don't know what's really going on, but I doubt that Andy Reid would have waited until now to do something about it if T.O. has been flat-out ignoring people for 10 straight days

of course, anyone would be, but the key words in your post are "when they want to discuss work"

From what I heard, it sounded like he spoke when spoken to.  Obviously, I don't know what's really going on, but I doubt that Andy Reid would have waited until now to do something about it if T.O. has been flat-out ignoring people for 10 straight days

922826[/snapback]

That is not correct. TO even admitted he told the offensive coordinator not to speak unless spoken too.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Every job I've been on though there have been people who do not speak to each other unless the job requires it, yet they are still able to get along well enough to do the job well.

This can be done in sports as well; Kobe and Shaq are a prime example.

922810[/snapback]

I really don't know the specifics, but from what I've heard, it sounds like the contract is worded such that the Eagles have pretty significant flexibility when it comes to the ability to suspend him.

that display on national TV will have a positive effect on the organization :D

922818[/snapback]

the same positive effect that Kobe and Shaq's display had on the Lakers

no seriously, I don't think it has ANY effect on the Eagles organization as a whole, positive or negative. Dont' get me wrong I think T.O. and Drew came off looking like idiots. However, I don't believe that can get you suspended.

From what I heard, it sounded like he spoke when spoken to.  Obviously, I don't know what's really going on, but I doubt that Andy Reid would have waited until now to do something about it if T.O. has been flat-out ignoring people for 10 straight days

922826[/snapback]

According to reports from sports radio 610WIP in Philly, Brad Childress (offensive coordinator) approched Owens to talk about practice and his groin injury a day or two ago. Owens responded by telling Childress that he should not speak to him unless Owens speaks to Childress first. Please explain how that is not detrimental to the team? That is like the vice president of the company asking you about work you did and you telling him he should not speak to you until you speak to him first. Hello unemployment line.

i was on the fence about this until this interview...  T.O. signing that waiver changes everything....  no matter what u think of him THAT did not have to be done...  risking everything to play in the Super Bowl is what the NFL is supposed to be about and that's exactly what he did... he showed good faith by signing that waiver; the eagles should show good faith as well

922683[/snapback]

Give me a break, you're kidding right? If we must, you can say the Beagles are showing good faith by honoring the contract he signed.

The problem as I see it is that Owens thinks he is God himself and Rosenhaus thinks everyone is an idiot. 

I am sick of hearing Rosenhaus saying Owens isn't paid as one of the top WRs in the league.  It is real easy to only count this season, but what about the $9M+ he made last season and the $7M+ he would have made next season if it wasn't for this crap. 

The waiver Owens says he signed for the Superbowl was all about what is going on right now.  If he did sign it, he didn't do it for the Eagles, he did it because he knew if he didn't play he would have no leverage at all to pull this crap (not that he has much leverage now anyway).

Then they both act like Owens has done nothing wrong.  They argue that Owens showed up to camp but other players who were expected to be there held out.  I agree to a point, but he did everything he could to grab attention.  This guy did everything he could to show the Eagles up.  Then he gets into an apparent shouting match with Reid where he tells Reid to shut up.  This after he tells an assistant who wanted to talk to him that the assistant shouldn't talk to him unless he talks to the assistant first.

I can't begin to imaging how this guys mind works.  How can you be so self-centered that you have no grasp on reality.

922664[/snapback]

First of all. Do you know what a wavier is? If he had gotten hurt and ruined his career, that means the Eagles could void his contract and not pay him a dime. If that doesn't show he is a team player what does? He risked his career for his team. Now he wants to be paid like a top WR--which he is. I don't see you guys on here talking shucks about Hines Ward. Why not? He's holding out. Owens didn't. The fact is that you guys merely don't like Owens. He is brash and out-spoken about what he wants and believes. Just because you aren't, don't hate him. And Reid told Owens to shut up, not the other way around. Owens may be an bad person to some, but he is 100% right in this case (aside from the no talking thing). The Eagles organization is a holier-than-thou, cheap, back-stabbing organization and they have been for years. The only man they will pay is McNabb. Why do you think Westbrook was holding out? Because he knows he isn't going to get the deal he deserves either. I hope this organization NEVER gets a Super Bowl. They treat their players not named McNabb like shucks.

He went ahead and signed it then because it gave him his chance to gtf out of SF.

No, he was already out of SF. He was trying to force the Ravens, the team he was being traded to, into backing out.

He picked up a pen and signed willingly. He was advised by his union not to. Wah.

Give me a break, you're kidding right? If we must, you can say the Beagles are showing good faith by honoring the contract he signed.

922854[/snapback]

if you think about it that's exactly right.... in the NFL, teams don't have to, and 90% of the time, DO NOT, honor the contracts signed by players... due to the CBA the players are the only ones bound by the so called "contract"

unfortunately, this is part of what makes the NFL so popular, guys have to actually play, and play well, to continue to make their $$$

Right, so then you agree the Beagles are 100% in the right here. They are honoring their side of the deal, Owens isn't.

922890[/snapback]

"in the right"? no, i don't think so... by the book? yes, but so his T.O. What part of his contract has he not honored?

He went ahead and signed it then because it gave him his chance to gtf out of SF.

922696[/snapback]

He was already on his way out of SF because of his 4 year old temper tantrum but he didn't want to go to BAL because it is America and he has the right to play for whatever team he chooses to play for. Load of crap is what it is.

Figure the Newbs would be the ones to understand TO's side of things.

TO is an a$$. He will play or he will rot on the bench. End of story.