[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wow

CaptainHook

No, he was already out of SF. He was trying to force the Ravens, the team he was being traded to, into backing out.

He picked up a pen and signed willingly. He was advised by his union not to. Wah.

922864[/snapback]

Thank you for the clarification.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Royalwitcheese,

First of all, if you have read the posts before on this site you would know the whole "players can get cut unfairly" topic was already discussed.  Yes, teams can cut players.  How do players compensate?  SIGNING BONUS.  If a player signs a contract and then is a bust, he still keeps his signing bonus.  Ask Ryan Leaf. 

Owens is a top WR, I agree.  How exactly is he not paid like it?  Unless I am wrong, he would have averaged $7M a year for this contract.

Owens did tell Reid to shut up.  It has been reported on radio for the past two days here in Philly

If the Eagles are such a bad organization, why did Trotter and Hugh Douglas come back after 1 year?  Why did Owens sign here in the first place?  Why did Kearse sign here?

Once again, if you read previous posts about the subject, Westbrook is holding out for a long term deal.  He can become a free agent next season but wants a long term deal from the Eagles.  People have posted on this site and I have heard from Howard Eskin's radio show (sports radio host in Philly) that Westbrook was offered money comparable to Deuce McAllister and turned it down.  I believe Westbrook should be paid similar to McAllister IMO, but to turn down a similar contract that Deuce got when Alexander and Edge could be FA next season is downright crazy.

I also said that I admire Owens for the way he gives 100% on the field, but this off the field crap is starting to hurt the team.  Sometimes it get to be too much.

922923[/snapback]

Would you agree Owens is one of the top two WRs in the game? Good. Then why isn't he even paid in the top 10? Nice dodge on the Hines Ward thing by the way. It only proves that you merely hate TO.

Yeah Owens said it. But only in response to your great coach doing it first.

Douglas and Trotter came back because NOBODY else wanted them. They were cut. The ONLY place either of them ever were successful was in JJ's scheme. So they took their bum selves back. Owens didn't freely sign with Philly. He was traded there. He accepted it as a last resort to get away from Baltimore.

NO WAY Westbrook was offered McAllister money genius. He isn't even 1/10 the back Deuce is. He was offered Lamont Jordan type money and turned it down. Why would he turn down McAllister money? He would be WAY overpaid in that case.

The bottom line is they are WAY under the cap. Pay the man what he deserves, what he is worth and the whole problem goes away. Stop being so cheap.

Figure the Newbs would be the ones to understand TO's side of things.

TO is an a$$. He will play or he will rot on the bench. End of story.

922916[/snapback]

What a moronic statement. Being new means nothing.

And of course he will PLAY or SIT. Those are the only options genius.

All I can add is that I'm sick of hearing about this piece of garbage. I didn't read this thread and have now taken a stance of not responding to or reading any threads about this idiot........starting now !

First of all.  Do you know what a wavier is?  If he had gotten hurt and ruined his career, that means the Eagles could void his contract and not pay him a dime.  If that doesn't show he is a team player what does?  He risked his career for his team.  Now he wants to be paid like a top WR--which he is.  I don't see you guys on here talking shucks about Hines Ward.  Why not?  He's holding out.  Owens didn't.  The fact is that you guys merely don't like Owens.  He is brash and out-spoken about what he wants and believes.  Just because you aren't, don't hate him.  And Reid told Owens to shut up, not the other way around.  Owens may be an bad person to some, but he is 100% right in this case (aside from the no talking thing).  The Eagles organization is a holier-than-thou, cheap, back-stabbing organization and they have been for years.  The only man they will pay is McNabb.  Why do you think Westbrook was holding out?  Because he knows he isn't going to get the deal he deserves either.  I hope this organization NEVER gets a Super Bowl.  They treat their players not named McNabb like shucks.

922855[/snapback]

That is a really dumb post. The Waiver is a lie, the Birds and his previous agent are on record about that. He is being paid like a top WR, he received over 10 mil last year and 3.5 mil this year for a 2 year avg of almost 7mil which is on par with the top 5 WR. The Eagles are cheap? There is a salary cap in the NFL, you know that right? Every team spends just about the same amount of money each year. The Eagles are the best run (South of Foxboro) organization in the sport in the way they handle the cap. How are they back-stabbing? It has been reported that they offerred Westbrook 5 years 25 mil with 8-10mil in guaranteed/bonus money. What exactly does he deserve? He had yet to play 16 games in three seasons. He is not an every down back. He was a 3rd round pick from Villanova. How about he show some loyalty to a team that drafted him that high and gave him the chance to play in the NFL. 8-10 mil in bonuses! What other team is going to give him that much money? Westbrook just signed a one year deal in June. Owens just signed a deal last year and was on record in SI saying he knows the deal was not the best but he does not care about the money he just wants to play with McNabb and win games. Who is the hypocrite? Also, Why would Reid tell him to shut up if Owens is not talking to him and in his words "has not said one word to him in 10 days". People normally do not tell someone to Shut Up if they have not said anything. and you are a dunce.

That interview last night was nothing more than an obvious, and poorly thought out attempt at leverage. From what I read in the paper this morning, the Eagles aren't going to budge. Reid is as stubborn as they come, and the organization is with him.

If he's going to play, TO is going to have to suck it up and stick to the deal he signed. I don't think the odds of that are very good at all.

But being serious, although at this point I can't stand T.O., I can't see him playing bad on purpose.  His ego just won't let him.  The one thing I admire about him is he plays 100% every game.  I just don't think he can patch things up with McNabb and/or Reid at this point the play for the Eagles.  T.O. & Rosenhaus have really painted themselves into a corner IMO.

922753[/snapback]

Maybe I am wrong about this, but didn't TO once have the rep for dropping passes in big situations? I don't think that he would "intentionally" play poorly, but with his current attitude and outlook about the Iggles, Reid, and McNabb, it is only human nature that the "distraction" would impact his performance. I don't view TO as one of those "professionals" that will be able to put personal issues behind him and play to his max potential.

I do see him as the type of player who will come out of the gates in his first couple of games and really light it up, but eventually his ego will step in front and trip him up...always does.

NO WAY Westbrook was offered McAllister money genius.  He isn't even 1/10 the back Deuce is.  He was offered Lamont Jordan type money and turned it down.  Why would he turn down McAllister money?  He would be WAY overpaid in that case.

The bottom line is they are WAY under the cap.  Pay the man what he deserves, what he is worth and the whole problem goes away.  Stop being so cheap.

923048[/snapback]

Get your facts straight otherwise you will look stupid.

From ESPN Radio this morning (Len Pasqirelle via Sal Pal)

Owens is in the top ten base salary.

Owens will get a $9 mil bonus after this season putting him at least top 3

As far as Westbrook, he was offered comprable money to Deuce, I heard the same report. 1/10 the back of Deuce? Exaggerate much?