[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you want Drew for an agent?

rajncajn

Would you want Drew for an agent  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want Drew for an agent

• Yes
    • No

Sure - but I would want a say in how things are done.

You know....how much could TO stand to lose this year?

And with all the BS going on....and us not able to get away from TO....how much could he get for a book....

Bet you Drew is already looking at this and his cut...

Here's the key to Drew and TO.

Drew will get no money from TO unless he gets a new deal. TO will get a new deal either this year or next (it won't be with the Eagles).

Drew's job is making $$$ for himself and they players benefit from this in the long run but not always the short.

I would hire him.

Look at it from the perspective of another player such as Hines Ward. Most are on board with Hines & think he's justified in his holdout, but how many opinions would change if Rosenhaus was his agent? To many he'd look like just another one of Drew's players holding out.

To me it seems Rosenhaus is becoming more & more an irritation to owners & it's going to make them hold a harder line when dealing with him. If I wass a player I'd worry about that affecting future negotiations with my own contracts.

I would not want him as my agent because 1) I can think for myself, 2) I am not a greddy ars, 3) He seems like a one trick pony (sign with him and hold out) and he has not even been successful this year. Edge, Javon (who does deserve some cash, I think he "only" makes 500k and has never made the type of money TO has in salary, bonuses, or endorsements), T.O., Reuben Droughns (who actually does think for himself) all threatened hold-out and then reported to their respective camps, all without the new deals they wanted.

as a player, yes... He'll get you top dollar...

from an organizatioins point of view... No, he's terrible from their point of view

he's also bad for the NFL

but he doesnt work for the NFL, or teams... his job is to make money for his clients, in turn making him more money...

923734[/snapback]

It would take a fool not to realize what's bad for the NFL is bad for the players, but as we've seen this year there are plenty of fools to go around in the NFL.

I would not want him as my agent because 1) I can think for myself, 2) I am not a greddy ars, 3) He seems like a one trick pony (sign with him and hold out) and he has not even been successful this year.  Edge, Javon (who does deserve some cash, I think he "only" makes 500k and has never made the type of money TO has in salary, bonuses, or endorsements), T.O., Reuben Droughns (who actually does think for himself) all threatened hold-out and then reported to their respective camps, all without the new deals they wanted.

923374[/snapback]

You have no idea what you're talking about. He's never had a player hold out.

You have no idea what you're talking about.  He's never had a player hold out.

923807[/snapback]

So are you the new resident [redforeman]dumbass[/redforeman] or am I just missing your less-than-funny sarcasm?

You have no idea what you're talking about.  He's never had a player hold out.

923807[/snapback]

I am sorry. I did write "hold out" and later wrote threaten to hold out. I guess you did not read that far. I apologize for that.

What I did mean was, sign with him and become a threat to hold out which does seem like a empty threat if, as you stated, he never had a player hold out.

You must be right though, I have no idea what I am talking about. Your brilliance has been on display regarding this issue with comments such as:

"Would you agree Owens is one of the top two WRs in the game? Good. Then why isn't he even paid in the top 10?" - you seem to be ingoring the fact that his salary last year was among the elite WR and it being common NFL knowledge that salaries typically drop in the second year (due to the big bonus not being there as it was in the first year)

"Pay the man what he deserves, what he is worth and the whole problem goes away. Stop being so cheap. " - and then what? Next year, when a couple other WR sign new deals and he is no longer one of the top 5 paid WR will he become "disrespected" or have his heart broken again and then ask for more money since the precendent would have been sent that he can get away with this stuff? Yeah, that is a good stategy for running a long term business. Tell in what way the Eagles methods have hurt them. They did not enter into new expensive deals recently to Brian Mitchell, Hugh Douglas, Trotter, Shawn Barber, Troy Vincent, Sean Landeta, Duce Staley. Most of those players are either hurt, out of football, or back with the Birds at lower salaries which has enabled the Eagles to remain competitive for so long and not lock up old players with bad deals because they were fan favorites or long time Eagles. That is good business.

"Owens didn't freely sign with Philly. He was traded there. He accepted it as a last resort to get away from Baltimore." There were two teams that wanted him, out of 30. He begged to come to Philly. He stated money was not an issue.

You clearly are more in tune with both T.O.'s pain and the business of football then everyone on this board. We should be deferring to you for all related issues.

I would hire him. He's only trying to correct a shotty contract T.O.'s last agent had him sign. Maybe T.O. wanted out of SF/BAL bad enough to sign anything. His contract has very little guarenteed money compared to other players of his calibur. ( the guy did sign a waiver to play in the bowl...he really stuck his neck out there.)

IMO he's scum and bad for football, but he's good at his job, which is making money for himself amd his clients.

923237[/snapback]

BS. There are plenty of other agents out there that are good at what they do, making money for themselves and their clients.... that AREN'T slimeballs.

I would hire him. He's only trying to correct a shotty contract T.O.'s last agent had him sign. Maybe T.O. wanted out of SF/BAL bad enough to sign anything. His contract has very little guarenteed money compared to other players of his calibur. ( the guy did sign a waiver to play in the bowl...he really stuck his neck out there.)

923899[/snapback]

None of that is the Eagles fault. Enough with this Waiver shyte. That is a total lie. The Eagles did not have him sign a waiver.

No. He's too big a distraction. I want somebody who is going to be representing me, not someone who is spending all his time talking to the papers about T.O. or whatever. I wouldn't want the "Drew Factor" affecting ownership's, the team's or the fans perception of me. I would prefer someone like Leigh Steinberg.

He is the Karl Rove of sports agents. I think TO leaving Philly camp was part of their plan because he said with an unhappy TO camp wouldn't be pleasant.

Scewing teams around to get more money may the sign of a good agent to some, but not to me. I can see teams refusing to deal with his players if things don't change.