[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O. aint the villian here Guys!

spain

Be all of this as it may, he did sign the contract last year and as an NFL Player, should honor that. Its pretty rediclous to be one year into a seven year contract, that he was excited about when he got, and then decide you want more money, and you're going to throw a fit about it.

924709[/snapback]

a lot of other players NFL players want more money after there 1st year in to there contract and the team owner give it to them just happens that the eagles don't and thats to bad for TO i guess just for drew because he won't get any of TO money until he gets a new deal to bad 4 drew :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of other players NFL players want more money after there 1st year in to there contract and the team owner give it to them just happens that the eagles don't and thats to bad for TO i guess just for drew because he won't get any of TO money until he gets a new deal to bad 4 drew

darn dude........take a breath :D

a lot of other players NFL players want more money after there 1st year in to there contract and the team owner give it to them just happens that the eagles don't and thats to bad for TO i guess just for drew because he won't get any of TO money until he gets a new deal to bad 4 drew :D

924749[/snapback]

Holy lack of grammar Batman.

Agreed, Spain. T.O. is woefully underpaid when it comes to guarenteed money. He's not just one of the top recievers...,but one of the top players.-like him or not.

924699[/snapback]

If someone is actually going to take this thread seriously... I do want to remind people:

The Eagles didn't just pay T.O. for the privlege of having T.O... they paid Baltimore too.

So Terrell can complain about how this is a business and he has to pay his family or whatever... but part of T.O.'s salary went directly to Baltimore because Owens screwed up.

Nobody else but the Eagles wanted to put together a deal that paid both T.O. and Baltimore... and nobody else wanted any part of that clusterpoop, so Owens took what he could get. He should be thanking Reid for not forcing him to play out a worse contract for a worse team.

Look--TO was a d*ck to Steve Mariucci and was a contributing factor in Mooch's unceremoniuos departure from the Golden Gate. Then he goes to Philly,after his former agent mucked up the free agency paperwork (that being said, I don't blame the guy. I'd bury TO paperwork too) and screws the Baltymore Birdies because he wants to play with McNabb, among other reasons. Now this mess. If the owners had any cojones whatsoever, they'd agree not to sign him. NO ONE would take him, ever. Let him go play street ball for the AND 1 crew for a while.

I'd bet that anyone complaining in this thread about T.O. being told to shut up by his football coach, anyone that is that has ever actually been on a football team above the pee-wee level, is just being a wise ass and is just egging on the people that think going to work for a football team is like going to work in an office environment.

When you're playing football and your coach tells you to shut up, you shut up. When you're in an office and your boss tells you to shut up, you go to HR. Totally different worlds.....

I'm sure Lombardi, Knoll, Landry, or Parcells never told their players to shut up and treated each of them like the unique little snowflakes that they are.

:D

924977[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sure Lombardi, Knoll, Landry, or Parcells never told their players to shut up and treated each of them like the unique little snowflakes that they are.

:D

924977[/snapback]

"T.O.... my precious flower... will you be joining us for practice today"

Who has the history of coach-player problems, Reid or TO? It's hard for me to believe that TO was minding his own business and Reid told him to shut up. I've heard several interviews with TO in the past few years and many times I've told him to shut up. I don't see the same history from Reid; I'm sure he's not perfect but let's look at the past and see who's causing problems.

Terrell IS a victim here.  We all know by now that Terrell is "special", and this money grubbing agent is merely manipulating this poor lad, just so he can buy a 10th Mercedes and a 7th beach house.  Poor poor, Terrell.  He is just a tool and doesn't even see it.

924606[/snapback]

:D We have a verdict! Except for the "Poor poor" phrase which may indicate a level of sympathy which I see as unwarranted (but even so, I'm guessing it was sarcastic), rattsass has spoken brilliantly. TOad is on the Mike Tyson path to pauperish puppethood for the benefit of the parasites which he has fallen into company with. Let him rot.

Three. The answer is always three.

925014[/snapback]

The number shall be 3. 3 the number shalt be. It shall not be 1, nor shall it be 2. 3 is the number and the number shall be 3.

His name is Terrell Owens... not Terrell Reid!

Seriously.  Why don't any of these coaches treat T.O. like an adult?

924587[/snapback]

The key to that question is because the fool (TO), doesn't act like an adult.

I don't believe a word he said. He also said he signed a waiver with the team to play in the Super Bowl. He did not.

If you really think the problem is everybody else and not T.O., Then I would be led to believe that you are either VERY gullible, or you are related to him !

Check out this link. It reinforces my statement that T.O. is not very mature.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3885934

You people need to lighten the f@ck up. 9+ million doesn't go as far as it use to. For godsake, he has a family to feed dammit.

Come on, how can you expect him to support his family on a mere 9 Million

Where is the humanity........

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

You people need to lighten the f@ck up.  9+ million doesn't go as far as it use to. For godsake, he has a family to feed dammit. 

Come on, how can you expect him to support his family on a mere 9 Million

Where is the humanity........

925987[/snapback]

TO's exaggerating when he says he has to think about his family. I do just fine with my 5-6 mill a year.

If you really think the problem is everybody else and not T.O., Then I would be led to believe that you are either VERY gullible, or you are related to him !

925967[/snapback]

I'm just trying to keep it real. This is a business, yo.

T.O. just has to do his thing, he doesn't have to listen to any haters.

What do you do if you are walking by and your boss tells you to shut the f up?  Personally, I tell him to go f himself.  Reid was way way way out of line telling TO to shut up.  It was unprofessional and uncalled for.  Employees should not have to tolerate such abusive treatment.  If Reid isnt going to show his employees respect, they shouldnt have to show him any.  Respect isnt a one way street, it is a mutual thing. 

TO is argueably the best WR in the NFL.  He has shed blood, sweat, and tears for that organization.  He came back for a Superbowl game that NOBODY thought he could get back for.  And this is how they are going to treat him?  Reid needs to apologize to TO immediately.

924510[/snapback]

The everyday rules of respect that you speak of in the corporate world do not apply to the NFL. A player who is not honoring something in his contract, such as signing autographs for fans, needs to be put in his place. You and I wouldn't curse at work or tackle somebody either, but in the NFL when a player is out of line, it is the coach's job to call him on it. Don't be so naive to say that this all isn't TO"s fault.

TO's exaggerating when he says he has to think about his family. I do just fine with my 5-6 mill a year.

925993[/snapback]

Being in the same boat, I must agree. Being a teacher however makes me feel that I'm slightly underpaid. That 5.8 mil just doesn't go quite as far since I had a kid.

924749[/snapback]

Did you write this down in crayon before you typed it in?

The key to that question is because the fool (TO), doesn't act like an adult.

I don't believe a word he said. He also said he signed a waiver with the team to play in the Super Bowl. He did not.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3885934

925967[/snapback]

He also said he is the 10th highest paid player, but is actually #3 behind Harrison and Moss(according to J Clayton).