[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My last post on the Owens Fiasco

DMD

That is about the most amazing sentence I have ever seen.

926978[/snapback]

That is comedy. Is that all he's asking for? :D

And if that's all he wants... what kind of tactic is publicly insulting your coach and teammate in national prime time coverage?

Owens needs a hug.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I've noticed about who TO tends to butt heads with:

Steve Marriucci - definitely known around the league as a nice guy; actually, the biggest criticism of him is that he's TOO nice

Jeff Garcia - don't know that awful much about him, but he seems to be a quiet, humble sort who doesn't cause any trouble with anyone

Ozzie Newsome - this guy has been pure class since his playing days, and is MUCH respected around the league as a GM

Donovan McNabb - I don't think I've EVER heard anything bad about the guy ever, even going back to college

Andy Reid - players seem to like playing for him - with one notable exception

TO is a screamin' donkey. If the Eagles pay to have him sit on the shelf for a couple, 3 years, I'll gladly kick money into the pot.

One thing I've noticed about who TO tends to butt heads with:

Steve Marriucci - definitely known around the league as a nice guy; actually, the biggest criticism of him is that he's TOO nice

Jeff Garcia - don't know that awful much about him, but he seems to be a quiet, humble sort who doesn't cause any trouble with anyone

Ozzie Newsome - this guy has been pure class since his playing days, and is MUCH respected around the league as a GM

Donovan McNabb - I don't think I've EVER heard anything bad about the guy ever, even going back to college

Andy Reid - players seem to like playing for him - with one notable exception

TO is a screamin' donkey. If the Eagles pay to have him sit on the shelf for a couple, 3 years, I'll gladly kick money into the pot.

927742[/snapback]

:D

Although Garcia did have a trouble making girlfriend.

Any team that takes a chance on T.O. is in trouble IMHO. What if T.O. gets the type of contact he wants and then SIGNS it. Then he goes on to have a better season then last. Does he then go and renegotiate again? This will never end. I just hope that he finds some way to scrape up enough change so his family can eat this month. :D

927742[/snapback]

Last year at Raven camp a fan had a three foot stuffed donkey that he had dressed on a TO jersey. I think most of the Ravens signed it for him.

Any team that takes a chance on T.O. is in trouble IMHO.  What if T.O. gets the type of contact he wants and then SIGNS it.  Then he goes on to have a better season then last.  Does he then go and renegotiate again?  This will never end.  I just hope that he finds some way to scrape up enough change so his family can eat this month. :D

927892[/snapback]

Let me say this...I don't like T.O...his actions/mouth...sissy *** attitude...girlie ways....BUT!! Pay him and let him sit on the bench all year....or send him home and pay him...????? Come on...do you think that teaches Rosenhaus or Owens anything? Let me sit home and pay me for my measly amount of yearly salary...heck with incentives....pay me for the next 3 years and not work...especially in the millions....you're kidding or ignorant if you think that is the way to handle it...put him on the trading block...CHEAP!!! Let someone have him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder in next draft...or a vet WR....he is cancerous and to be in the Super Bowl hunt and to have this cancer eating away internally all season is STUPID!! Gotta be something in his contract to be able to suspend him and not pay him for at least a week...in that week entertain all offers and rid yourself of this sniffling *** clown....the biggest snub would be to release him, unconditional, him signing he gets nothing after this year(only way you release him)....then the message can be sent----NOT ONE NFL TEAM PICK HIM UP!!!! NONE!! When all teams pass on him...his days as a player will be over and that will speak louder than words...only problem.....SOME DUMB*** team will try to pick him up...what a d@mn shame......but probably true...whatever happened to blackballing a player...? T.O. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And this is the brightest spot of the whole business.  Any rookie hooking up with Rosenhaus for the 2006 draft is going to find himself dropping faster than a wh00rs underwear.

926918[/snapback]

It wouldn't be the first time that a pro sports owner has shunned clients of a particular agent. Jerry Reinsdorf refuses to do business with Scott Boras. I haven't seen a Boras-represented player on the White Sox since the mid-90's.

And this is the brightest spot of the whole business.  Any rookie hooking up with Rosenhaus for the 2006 draft is going to find himself dropping faster than a wh00rs underwear.

926918[/snapback]

It wouldn't be the first time that a pro sports owner has shunned clients of a particular agent. Jerry Reinsdorf refuses to do business with Scott Boras. I haven't seen a Boras-represented player on the White Sox since the mid-90's.

Let me say this...I don't like T.O...his actions/mouth...sissy *** attitude...girlie ways....BUT!!  Pay him and let him sit on the bench all year....or send him home and pay him...?????  Come on...do you think that teaches Rosenhaus or Owens anything?  Let me sit home and pay me for my measly amount of yearly salary...heck with incentives....pay me for the next 3 years and not work...especially in the millions....you're kidding or ignorant if you think that is the way to handle it...put him on the trading block...CHEAP!!!  Let someone have him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder in next draft...or a vet WR....he is cancerous and to be in the Super Bowl hunt and to have this cancer eating away internally all season is STUPID!!  Gotta be something in his contract to be able to suspend him and not pay him for at least a week...in that week entertain all offers and rid yourself of this sniffling *** clown....the biggest snub would be to release him, unconditional, him signing he gets nothing after this year(only way you release him)....then the message can be sent----NOT ONE NFL TEAM PICK HIM UP!!!!  NONE!! When all teams pass on him...his days as a player will be over and that will speak louder than words...only problem.....SOME DUMB*** team will try to pick him up...what a d@mn shame......but probably true...whatever happened to blackballing a player...?  T.O.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

927908[/snapback]

I do not understand your point. Why would any business man (owner) pay more money for something that produced nothing? T.O. can have his large cup of SHUT THE F@CK UP and like it. Do not pay him a dime, let him rot at home. I do not hear any other teams contacting Philly about trading for him. Doesn't that tell you something? If he gets the money he wants, what will stop him from doing this every year if he gets his way?

i'm pretty sure TO's next contract is gonna pay him less than the current one. and if the current one is "below market", it's because the fact that he's a cancerous little girl dog was taken into consideration. who the f*ck do he and drew think are gonna step up and offer them $7 million a year or whatever they think he's supposed to be getting?

ironically though, since rosenhaus is smart enough to know all this, we may end up seeing a complete 180 in TO's behaviour once he comes back to camp. he may yet end up being a viable fantasy option this year.

I don't think TO will be "TO" this year even if he plays.

He can't carry the team and if the rest of the team won't support him, how good will he be?

As for sitting him - I think it will eat him up. He would hate it. The reason he want's more money is because it's an EGO thing. Getting more money will validate his own opinion of himself. He performs on the field for himself. He wants the glory. So if they sit him, he won't be on TV, getting the coverage, being able to show-off - which is what he really wants.

do you think that teaches Rosenhaus or Owens anything?

927908[/snapback]

Not sure if it's true but I read somewhere that the agents only get their commission when the player signs. Since I do not believe Rosenblouse was his agent when he signed with Philly, he should not be getting anything from the current contract with TO.

Also, if TO does something "detrimental" to the team they can take back bonus $ ... why not let him sit and whine and then take back $.

IMO I think it would be great if they would demote him to the practice squad and let Douglas take a few shots at him.

From kffl.com:

Eagles Send Owens Letter about Behavior/Attitude

ESPN's Sal Palantonio reports the Philadelphia Eagles have sent WR Terrell Owens a letter outlining what they perceive is a series of behavioral problems over the past two weeks. Owens acknowledged the letter during a conversation with ESPN's Michael Irvin. A source characterized the letter as the beginning of a process to suspend Owens if behavior does not change after he meets with head coach Andy Reid. Owens is expected to rejoin the Eagles Wednesday, Aug. 17, but Reid has said he only would allow Owens back on the field if he sees a marked change in his attitude and behavior.

Edited by AtomicCEO

From kffl.com:

Eagles Send Owens Letter about Behavior/Attitude

ESPN's Sal Palantonio reports the Philadelphia Eagles have sent WR Terrell Owens a letter outlining what they perceive is a series of behavioral problems over the past two weeks. Owens acknowledged the letter during a conversation with ESPN's Michael Irvin. A source characterized the letter as the beginning of a process to suspend Owens if behavior does not change after he meets with head coach Andy Reid. Owens is expected to rejoin the Eagles Wednesday, Aug. 17, but Reid has said he only would allow Owens back on the field if he sees a marked change in his attitude and behavior.

929097[/snapback]

And when has he ever done this? Change his attitude that is.