[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TE Comparison...

SGMONEY20

Does anyone think LJ Smith will outproduce Shockey this season? There aren't to many options in the Eagles passing attack so McNabb may be forced to go to Smith (I'm assuming T.O. is gone). And I am starting to wonder if Shockey is going to become one of those players that everyone talks about being so talented but at the end of the year never has overly impressive numbers.

the Giants OLine is going to limit shockey some too as he will need to help block

when its all said and done LJ will be what was a VALUE pick at TE where he is going compared to the others and what his stats will look like...

I have him in 3 leagues all dynasty leagues to boot

Shockey will be a top 3, and maybe the #1 TE this year. The giants O-Line is much much improved this year. McKenzie is a stud, and he allows Others to not play out of position as they did last year. Seubert is solid and back from injury Snee and Diehl, very talented, are a year more experienced.

Those who think the Giants Oline still sucks are in for a suprise.

Shockey was limited last year bys cheme as well, and changes have been made to ebtter exploit his skills. The addition of Burress and a healthy Toomer will also help free him up.

Shockey has talked alot but his numbers don't back it up. He should be better this year unless he gets hurt again. LJ will breakout to but not having TO will hurt more than help. The Eagles O is miles ahead of the G-men so I think they will actually have similar numbers but LJ will be a steal later in the draft.

Shockey may be a big mouth, but LJ can't carry his jock. If TO doesn't play, that doesn't mean big numbers for anyone...especially McNabb. McNabb isn't that accurate. Sure he can hit Westbrook out of the backfield, but he needed a WR that MADE catches like TO to improve his comp. %. LJ will be a non-factor, and Shockey will outscore him by far.

Shockey was limited last year bys cheme as well, and changes have been made to ebtter exploit his skills.  The addition of Burress and a healthy Toomer will also help free him up.

926316[/snapback]

Yep. And with that said, LJ won't even reach Shockey's #s of last year, while Shockey will surely have a better year in 05.

Shockey will be a top 3, and maybe the #1 TE this year.  The giants O-Line is much much improved this year.  McKenzie is a stud, and he allows Others to not play out of position as they did last year.  Seubert is solid and back from injury  Snee and Diehl, very talented, are a year more experienced. 

Those who think the Giants Oline still sucks are in for a suprise.

Shockey was limited last year bys cheme as well, and changes have been made to ebtter exploit his skills.  The addition of Burress and a healthy Toomer will also help free him up.

926316[/snapback]

This from a Shockey owner who couldn't WAIT to get his hands on LJ in RFA and yank him away from me. :D

Shockey may be a big mouth, but LJ can't carry his jock.  If TO doesn't play, that doesn't mean big numbers for anyone...especially McNabb.  McNabb isn't that accurate.  Sure he can hit Westbrook out of the backfield, but he needed a WR that MADE catches like TO to improve his comp. %.  LJ will be a non-factor, and  Shockey will outscore him by far.

926373[/snapback]

Giants fans rock!!! :D

They have Eli at QB not Peyton. I'll stick with McNabb at least for this year. :D

:D er, Hitman is a Colts fan first, then Saints

926426[/snapback]

That may be but he sure has a woodie for Shockey.

I just don't think he has lived up to his hype. I hope he does because I have him. I just think LJ has a great chance to put up similar numbers unless Shockey finally plays to his potential and that will require Eli stepping up THIS year.

Shockey may be the only underrated overrated player. For all the smack-talking he does, he backs it up way more than many of you think. He's still only 24 years old (for 4 more days anyways). And here are his career stats:

2002 - 15 games, 74 catches, 894 yards, 2 TD's

2003 - 9 games, 48 catches, 535 yards, 2 TD's (on pace for 90 catches/1000 yards)

2004 - 15 games, 61 catches, 666 yards, 6 TD's

Those are pretty good numbers for a TE. I, for one, will take him as my starter anyday. He's in for a 900 yard/8 TD season.

2002 - 15 games, 74 catches, 894 yards, 2 TD's

2003 - 9 games, 48 catches, 535 yards, 2 TD's (on pace for 90 catches/1000 yards)

2004 - 15 games, 61 catches, 666 yards, 6 TD's

Those are pretty good numbers for a TE.  I, for one, will take him as my starter anyday.  He's in for a 900 yard/8 TD season.

926732[/snapback]

I dunno if I'd slot him for 900/8, but he HAS started finding the end zone more often; if healthy, he's probably the Giants best option in the passing game and should give a solid 800 yds/6+ tds if healthy.

That said, he has tended to be overdrafted in the past; I don't see Smith doing much more than matching Shockey's #s from last year, but I'd imagine he'll come MUCH cheaper.