[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

runnings backs and wide receivers

doug914

Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, and I think Dominic Davis are in the last season of contracts. 

I can't recall any major receivers who are in the last year right now, but I am sure there are a couple.

928442[/snapback]

I thought DD just sgned some type of extension. Maybe it was a one year deal.

Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, and I think Dominic Davis are in the last season of contracts. 

I can't recall any major receivers who are in the last year right now, but I am sure there are a couple.

928442[/snapback]

I believe Jamal Lewis is also in his last year.

I thought DD just sgned some type of extension.  Maybe it was a one year deal.

928461[/snapback]

I heard the same thing but cannot find anything on it.

Here's a list

but it's not totally up to date... doesn't have DD's new contract

and it's from cbs.sportsline

QUARTERBACKS

Player

1. Drew Brees, San Diego: Will look to prove that last season's success was not a fluke, but will the Chargers offer him a long-term deal with Philip Rivers on the sidelines?

2. Kurt Warner, Arizona: Respect, not cash, might be the biggest motivation for Warner, who has been awful in recent seasons and will look to silence the critics.

3. Jeff Garcia, Deroit: Should Joey Harrington falter, Garcia will have added motivation to succeed for head coach Steve Mariucci.

4. Jon Kitna, Cincinnati: Has no chance to unseat Carson Palmer but could look for a more prominent role with a new team next season.

5. Ken Dorsey, San Francisco: With Alex Smith now on the roster, Dorsey won't see much action for the Niners.

RUNNING BACKS

Player

1. Shaun Alexander, Seattle: Alexander has signed a one-year deal and will play for a monster contract in 2006. He is without question a top-three featured back.

2. Edgerrin James, Indianapolis: Should produce a solid statistical season as he looks for a big-money contract in 2006. Edge is a surefire first-round choice in drafts.

3. Domanick Davis, Houston: Davis and the Texans should come to terms on a long-term deal soon. He'll be a cinch first- or second-round selection.

4. Jamal Lewis, Baltimore: Lewis has financial and personal reasons to thrive this season, so expect him to re-emerge as an elite back.

5. Ahman Green, Green Bay: Will remain a prominent member of the Packers offense and needs to produce nice stat lines each week to fatten his wallet.

6. Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia: Signed a one-year tender offer and could be franchised in 2006. Needs a solid season to increase stock ... assuming he shows up to camp.

7. Michael Bennett, Minnesota: Appears to be 100 percent and will start with Onterrio Smith out. Bennett will be a third- to fourth-round choice in drafts.

8. DeShaun Foster, Carolina: Doesn't want to negotiate with Carolina, so expect him to have his best season as a pro (barring injuries) to guarantee financial freedom.

9. Quentin Griffin, Denver: No longer has much value and won't warrant great attention on the market.

10. Najeh Davenport, Green Bay: Should the Packers decide to pass on Green, Davenport could become the team's new and less expensive featured back in 2006.

11. Chester Taylor, Baltimore: The Browns wanted him this past offseason, so expect another team to bid on his services and give him a chance to start in the future.

12. Anthony Thomas, Dallas: The one-time Rookie of the Year has seen an enormous downturn in value.

13. Maurice Morris, Seattle: Should the team decide not to retain Alexander, Morris' stock could rise in 2006.

14. Moe Williams, Minnesota: The veteran won't see enough chances to produce this season.

15. Jesse Chatman: Now a free agent, Chatman's status is uncertain.

16. Shawn Bryson, Detroit: No better than a useful reserve and third-down back who has no draft value.

17. Onterrio Smith, Minnesota: Won't be able to cash in due to statistics -- he's been suspended for the season.

WIDE RECEIVERS

Player

1. Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis: Recorded enormous numbers last season, so additional success in 2005 could mean a fat contract in Indianapolis or elsewhere.

2. Hines Ward, Pittsburgh: Ward and the Steelers should come to terms on a long-term deal sooner than later, or else the veteran will keep holding out.

3. Nate Burleson, Minnesota: His status as a third-year receiver coupled with his contractual status makes Burleson even more attractive in drafts.

4. David Givens, New England: Givens could have his best season as a pro as he looks to cash in with New England or elsewhere.

5. Brandon Lloyd, San Francisco: Another third-year receiver who is also playing for a big contract, Lloyd is one of the league's best sleeper candidates.

6. Antonio Bryant, Cleveland: Still has the potential to be an impact receiver and will look to perform well in order to gain interest in 2006.

7. Rod Gardner, Carolina: Trade to Carolina improves his value somewhat, but still has to prove himself as reliable on the field.

8. Reche Caldwell, San Diego: The Chargers have an overload at wide receiver, so Caldwell's chances could be somewhat limited.

9. Jabar Gaffney, Houston: Another Florida wide receiver who has been mediocre at the pro level.

10. Arnaz Battle, San Francisco: Could start this season for the Niners but still has little value in drafts.

TIGHT ENDS

Player

1. Randy McMichael, Miami: The Dolphins might franchise him next season, but off-field troubles are an issue. Still, McMichael is an attractive middle-round choice.

2. Freddie Jones, Carolina: His tenure as a useful option is over, even in leagues that reward points for receptions.

I tried searching and couldn't find what I was looking for...however I did see that post....it should be updated by taking Deuce off the list...

928310[/snapback]

It was a week or so out of date when I found it to begin with. :D Now there are several that need to be taken off. But at least it is info for those that keep up and know who to take off.