[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A model B-52!

rocknrobn26

JET Engines, huh??? Check this'n out.

This took a lot of patience, and talent, not to mention a

lot of money.

UNREAL $12,500 just for the engines. Long download but worth it.

Actually has 8 "real turbines" at about $1500 each!

Took over 2 years to build.

Takes multiple pilots, as there are so many things to control.

Think they are nervous during the maiden flight?

Subject: B-52 UAV

Unbelievable that someone would make this - all real turbines!

It's a 9 min. clip, but worth at least a quick view. FF it to the end if you want.

Model B-52

Edited by rocknrobn26

Meat Face?  Loaf?  Was it one of you cats that posted the link to the awesome model Tomcat?  I don't remember the name of the thread!  :D

Here

929244[/snapback]

Beat me to it Jimmy! Awesome! :D

Awesome. I have sat in one--they are frickin hugh. My old man flew em in Vietnam and when they dropped their bombs they called it tossing salad cause they picked up so much jungle and just turned it over.

929324[/snapback]

I had a friend in VN, I think he flew F-4's?? Was shot down twice. Those guys had major nut sacks! Bless your Pop!

I had a friend in VN, I think he flew F-4's?? Was shot down twice.  Those guys had major nut sacks! Bless your Pop!

929552[/snapback]

Thanks, rr, my pops is a complete badass and was a good dad. Yer friend sounds like a warrior.

F-4s were later in the war, in the 70's I believe, and the top of the line at the time. My old man switched from B 52's to F 106's after he was in Vietnam in the 60s and for a while before the F-4 the F-106 was one of the premiere fighter jets in the world. It was called the Delta Dart and he was a squadron commander up in the Bering Straits of Alaska for a year when I was a baby. Contrary to what the public hears, the Cold War got hot sometimes where Russia and America are separated by only 25 or so miles of frozen water and Migs and our fighters are patrolling right next to each other day after day.

The F 4 was one of the first in the move away from straight fighters to combo fighter bombers if I remember correctly and was the precursor to the modern F-15, F-16 and F-111.

My dad had a lot of friends who flew them and SR 71's and also friends who flew with the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels.

Thanks, rr, my pops is a complete badass and was a good dad. Yer friend sounds like a warrior.

F-4s were later in the war, in the 70's I believe, and the top of the line at the time. My old man switched from B 52's to F 106's after he was in Vietnam in the 60s and for a while before the F-4 the F-106 was one of the premiere fighter jets in the world. It was called the Delta Dart and he was a squadron commander up in the Bering Straits of Alaska for a year when I was a baby. Contrary to what the public hears, the Cold War got hot sometimes where Russia and America are separated by only 25 or so miles of frozen water and Migs and our fighters are patrolling right next to each other day after day.

The F 4 was one of the first in the move away from straight fighters to combo fighter bombers if I remember correctly and was the precursor to the modern F-15, F-16 and F-111.

My dad had a lot of friends who flew them and SR 71's and also friends who flew with the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels.

929586[/snapback]

That's some cool chit!!! My bud was in VN in the mid to late 60's. So he probly flew 106's! :D Anyway..... :D They deserve it!

My Dad flew the F4 and F105...man those were some cool planes.  Not so many computers flying those rides like the planes today...

929701[/snapback]

Very cool, Soup. No, no computers, those guys knew some serious physics and math and had insane eye hand coordination and reflexes.

The SR-71 is a complete badass plane.

I have a few pics with my '94 with the one on display at Richmond's airport.  They're horrible pics cause it's cloudy.  I would've loved to taken a trip up in that.

929779[/snapback]

Interesting pics, Tim. I like the juxtaposition of Kit and the badass SR 71.

929905[/snapback]

Tim, you shoulda parked the vette so it was parallel with the Blackbird...sweet nonetheless! :D

• 4 months later...