[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rosenhaus Demands Trade of Volek

spain

Bah!  That's like saying Don King & the other leeches didn't have anything to do with the demise of Mike Tyson because Tyson was exactly the type of idiot that TO is degenerating into ... nope.  The blame lands in both places -- the mindless egomaniac and the coniving ne'erdowell who is whipping him into a mental frenzy ... Don't let the agent go unscathed in this -- he is the lucifer whispering into the empty head of TO ...  :D

931370[/snapback]

Ahh...you must be a member of the "Nation of Victims". The ol' it's not my fault crowd. "Lucifer whispering into the empty head of TO"....spare us.

Rosenhaus works for Terrell Owens and for every other player he represents.

Case closed. Next. :D

when billy signed his contract he was probably letting the money the titans were offering him cloud his "i want to be a starter" thinking. i am guessing the titans made the best offer and billy chose the money over the opportunity to start somewhere else with the idea in the backof his mind that mcnair would be gone by now. he should have bit the bullet and signed somewhere else and proven himself ala jake delhomme

The "he signed a contract" crap doesn't cut it when talking about the NFL.  Every team cuts guys to get under the salary cap.

931375[/snapback]

Every team also pays signing bonuses in full up front. I don't know of another professional sport where huge signing bonuses are standard in contracts. Therefore, I believe that the "he signed a contract" logic is still applicable.

The $9.5 million check that T.O. cashed last March became maybe $4 million after taxes (and that's if he didn't invest). I think that 40 years worth of $100k per year in GUARANTEED money is more than fair. And that's not counting what he'd make this year if he'd shut his pie hole and do his job like a man. Hell, my parents have never even made $100k/year combined, yet have still managed to live in nice houses in the suburbs and put two kids through college.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Last year McNair was talking retirement.

Voleck was looking at taking over as the starter.

This year McNair is back, and Voleck is back, on the bench.

He was on local radio today. Yes, he wants to be a starter, and yes he wants to be traded, but not now. After the season.

He said he's not too happy with the agent for airing his laundry in public, and he's told Drew to back off.

He also said hopefully with Pacman signing, the talk about his "trade" would die down.

Voleck isn't going anywhere this year. He's under contract, he knows he one hit away from being the starter here, and the Titan's don't have a #3 QB ready to be a starter if needed.

Not going to happen- this year.

Drew Rosenhaus should do more listening to... Drew Rosenhaus:

"The only thing that happens when you use the media is that you piss the team off and embarrass them. By making the negotiations public, the team becomes tougher because they don't want to look bad in the public eye. Obviously, I have learned... that holding a player out and using the media in negotiations is not a good idea." - Drew Rosenhaus, Pg 8, "A Shark Never Sleeps: Wheeling and Dealing with the NFL's Most Ruthless Agent".

"The only thing that happens when you use the media is that you piss the team off and embarrass them. By making the negotiations public, the team becomes tougher because they don't want to look bad in the public eye. Obviously, I have learned... that holding a player out and using the media in negotiations is not a good idea." - Drew Rosenhaus, Pg 8, "A Shark Never Sleeps: Wheeling and Dealing with the NFL's Most Ruthless Agent".

931973[/snapback]

Yah...I'd say this to sell a few more books too.

*cough*

931973[/snapback]

Interesting. Just goes to show what a wonderful human being Rosenhaus is. :D

Last year McNair was talking retirement.

Voleck was looking at taking over as the starter.

This year McNair is back, and Voleck is back, on the bench.

He was on local radio today. Yes, he wants to be a starter, and yes he wants to be traded, but not now. After the season.

He said he's not too happy with the agent for airing his laundry in public, and he's told Drew to back off.

He also said hopefully with Pacman signing, the talk about his "trade" would die down.

Voleck isn't going anywhere this year. He's under contract, he knows he one hit away from being the starter here, and the Titan's don't have a #3 QB ready to be a starter if needed.

Not going to happen- this year.

931859[/snapback]

Of course he wants to start. I wouldn't want someone who didn't, but he knew the deal in Tenn. and he signed the contract. He didn't have to sign. Be responsible.

In this case, I think Rosenhaus is doing right by Volek.  If I'm Volek, I want someone to stand up and remind everyone that I'm better than A.J. Feeley, Trent Dilfer, whoever's going to start for Chicago, Patrick Ramsey, Kyle Boller, Kurt Warner and Joey Harrington and that I should start over any one of these bozos.

931314[/snapback]

Hey, JOEY BALLGAME IS A STUD! J/K. While there absolutely no chance the Lions will pay any attention to this news I would love to bring in a guy like Volek. I think he'd win the starting job quickly and have a hell of a year with Detroits weapons. Harrington is a head case, and I don't think Garcia is exactly the guy that can lead us to the promise land (promise land at this point being round 2 of the playoffs).

Volek had a very nice few weeks last year.  I don't think teams are waiting to break the bank to sign him as their starter just yet.  Although this has happened a couple of times in recent history with not so good results.

Scott Mitchell...Rob Johnson...

930234[/snapback]

How about Delhomme, Gannon, Brad Johnson, Dilfer, Warner, Collins, Favre, and Young as some SB QB's who were traded or free agents? While McNair, McNabb, Manning, Culpepper, Bledsoe, Penington, Carr, Harrington, Vick, etc. haven't won.

As a Packer fan, I'd personally rather take my chances with Nall, Volek and a Defense than Aaron Rogers and the salary a 1st rd QB gets.

How about Delhomme, Gannon, Brad Johnson, Dilfer, Warner, Collins, Favre, and Young as some SB QB's who were traded or free agents?  While McNair, McNabb, Manning, Culpepper, Bledsoe, Penington, Carr, Harrington, Vick, etc. haven't won. 

As a Packer fan, I'd personally rather take my chances with Nall, Volek and a Defense than Aaron Rogers and the salary a 1st rd QB gets.

937432[/snapback]

You can take Gannon, Johnson, Dilfer, Warner and Collins off your list because they were not backups who did good and then got signed with a new team. They were already starters. Favre had yet to find a team yet and should also not be in that group. I don't know where Delhomme came from, but I don't recall him putting up big numbers at a different team as a backup. That leaves Young...

You can take Gannon, Johnson, Dilfer, Warner and Collins off your list because they were not backups who did good and then got signed with a new team. They were already starters. Favre had yet to find a team yet and should also not be in that group. I don't know where Delhomme came from, but I don't recall him putting up big numbers at a different team as a backup. That leaves Young...

937543[/snapback]

Gannon was a back-up in KC until an injury allowed him into the starters position. He did very well when he got in and should never have been let go to make way for Elvis Girbac to start. Big mistake on KC's part.

Gannon was a back-up in KC until an injury allowed him into the starters position. He did very well when he got in and should never have been let go to make way for Elvis Girbac to start. Big mistake on KC's part.

937574[/snapback]

He started with the vikings from 87'-92 and started 90-92

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1034

He started with the vikings from 87'-92 and started 90-92

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1034

937587[/snapback]

... and was 2nd string when he was signed to KC. He sat the bench till Grbac got hurt, did great while he filled in and then they took him back out. It was a QB controversey there for a while. He split for Oak after all that to start.