[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bennett and Foster

redknightsgoingdown

Give your thoughts on Michael Bennett and DeShaun Foster.

Looking to nab a QB real early (C Pepp) and my be left with one of these two as my 2nd RB.

Thinking C pepp at pick 9, then JJ or Rudi at pick #16. This leaves me with a WR at #33 and RB at #40 (Bennett , Foster, Cadillac, R Brown, etc.).....

Gettin some feelers.....

both of them have big upside and big downside. they're also both a little extra scary because you can't be totally sure who to back either of them up with. if i was counting on either of them as a #2 back, i'd be using my very next pick on a travis henry/jerome bettis/mike anderson type back. between the two i guess i'd probably go with bennett, but it's pretty much a coin flip.

hey wait, this is fantasy advice.. :D

M. Moore should be the feature back in Minnesota. Tice got a hard on because he made a mistake on a backwards pass last year and benched him. If Tice isn't smart enough to make Moore the feature back, it'll probably happen relatively quickly when Bennett goes down.

M. Moore should be the feature back in Minnesota. Tice got a hard on because he made a mistake on a backwards pass last year and benched him. If Tice isn't smart enough to make Moore the feature back, it'll probably happen relatively quickly when Bennett goes down.

932450[/snapback]

one can only hope :D

I think both spell RBBC with possibly more than 2 RBs

Bennett, Moore, Williams

Foster, Davis, Shelton (read todays player news and they say Davis may be back)

932808[/snapback]

i wouldn't believe too much of the davis talk. i'm pretty sure he is forked. done. kaput. they say he may actually come back and play in the third preseason game. i'll believe it when i see it. he's old and hasn't been a factor in a few yrs. shelton is the handcuff and perhaps goings.

932450[/snapback]

Hugh, I think it was more than just that one play no? ( I do remember that play though, pretty bad mistake...). I thought Tice wasn't happy with Moore's inability to pick up blocking assignments and things like that. Who knows what the hell Tice is thinking though, I honestly don't think he ever remembers things that he says. If Bennett can stay healthy--a monumental 'IF'--I think he is good for 1100 yards or more, but not too many TDs. His TDs are usually greater than 10 yards. I think DeShaun has more TD potential than Bennett so I would give him the nod.

Hugh, I think it was more than just that one play no? ( I do remember that play though, pretty bad mistake...).  I thought Tice wasn't happy with Moore's inability to pick up blocking assignments and things like that. 

932888[/snapback]

I think you're right. The backward pass was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.

I'd go with Foster before Bennett since John Fox has a brain and he's also the coach. Two for one deal there.

933064[/snapback]

LMAO!!!

Foster over Bennett is a no brainer. Carolina has never been a RBBC team, and every back that's been the primary ball carrier has put up big stats in recent years. Anybody remember Dee Brown? He helped a lot of people during their playoff runs in 2003 just like Davis did in 2004 and Goings did in 2005.

Grab Foster, grab Shelton a few rounds later and rest easy knowing that you've got a solid starter at RB for the rest of the season.

Guest THEbigred
both of them have big upside and big downside.  they're also both a little extra scary because you can't be totally sure who to back either of them up with.

932437[/snapback]

pff says you. Course there are no guarantees, but I'd handcuff with M Moore/Shelton and feel confident I have the right handcuff.

I wouldn't pay much for either though.

Guest THEbigred
With the way the O-line is coming together, Foster could have a very HUGH year.

933431[/snapback]

? Which one and how do we interpret that?

Hugh Dougless? Meaning he's near retirement?

Hugh Grant? Meaning his timing at hitting the hole will suck?

Hugh Hefner? Meaning he'll be very productive?

Pls clarify. TIA

I think both spell RBBC with possibly more than 2 RBs

Bennett, Moore, Williams

Foster, Davis, Shelton (read todays player news and they say Davis may be back)

932808[/snapback]

Davis plays as much as Bennett. They are both injury prone in my book.

932450[/snapback]

one can only hope  :D

932473[/snapback]

Nah, then Ciatrick Fason will step up and be the man. :D

I like Foster better than Bennett.

I just have a good feeling about Foster this year, and I think Mewelde Moore will eventually at the very least be splitting time with Bennett.