Sign in to follow this  
DMD

Draft Poll II

When is your final draft?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. When is your final draft?

• By this weekend (Sunday Aug 21st)
    • By next weekend (Sunday Aug 28th)
    • By the following weekend (Sunday Sept 3rd)
    • During the final days (Monday Sept 4th and later)

When is your final (or only) draft being held?

Just wondering how many take it to the end.

That darn Thursday night game to open the season is a pain in the :D !! Loved drafting the Saturday of opening weekend.

Trying to weasel out of another round of player updates? :D

no real confimation yet, but we always draft the monday before the season kicks off, so probably sept.5th. which is nice you get to know whats happening starting lineup and injury wise.

Edited by The Darkside

That darn Thursday night game to open the season is a pain in the  :D !!  Loved drafting the Saturday of opening weekend.

935736[/snapback]

We still did the Saturday night one year....What's wrong with knowing the outcome of one game?

Last one will either be Sept. 9th or Sept. 10th....the draft date is still up in the air. :D

The local that I commish we always have our draft the Sunday before the season starts. My other local (commished by a guy in my league) is always the weekend before.

Whoops I mis-voted.

I thought my last draft was Sunday August 28 but Cowboys and Indians are having our auction Wednesday Sept. 7

Sept 6th for my long running 16-Teamer

Sept 7th for my office league

Er, Sunday is Sept. 4 and Monday is Sept. 5, which is the day of my last draft, which is my former local, in which I my flying to (and also to meet family).

We still did the Saturday night one year....What's wrong with knowing the outcome of one game?

935754[/snapback]

The problem is that, for example, in this year (Oak vs NE is the opening game), then you would n't be able to use Moss, Porter, etc in your first line up since the outcome of that game is already known and therefore those players would be on your bench

Mmhhh, but again it still may not matter at all.... :D

The problem is that, for example, in this year (Oak vs NE is the opening game), then you would n't be able to use Moss, Porter, etc in your first line up since the outcome of that game is already known and therefore those players would be on your bench

Mmhhh, but again it still may not matter at all....  :D

935902[/snapback]

Just allow owners to use them if you want to.....worked fine with us.

Last draft is the Friday before the regular season starts and I'm flying in to Austin for it. Should be interesting, we changed the format from keeper to auction.

I actually picked "by August 28th" because my last draft is on the 27th but that league's draft is usually the weekend before the season begins. We moved it up a week because three of us, the commish included, will be enjoying a 4 day Labor day weekend of golfing and lovlies in sunny Arizona.

It used to be the Saturday before the first game but since the inception of the Thursday nite games that Saturday has been during the 3 day Labor Day weekend and everybody around here goes out of town. We now hold in on the Weds. nite before the first game.

8/31 - 8 team which I'll be partner with the wife or my step-son

9/6 - 12 team office league (1 keeper)

9/7 - 12 team league - my old firm which I've been playing in since 1989

My last one is Devil Woman's Frozen Tundra on tuesday, but my 2antsports drafts will finish later in the week hopefully. I hate drafts that take over a week to finish.

HOT league online draft starts Monday. Two live drafts in Portland, Oregon 8/30 and 31 and three live drafts in Cincinnati 9/2, 9/4, and 9/7. :D