[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Explain Your Login Name!

Shotgun Messiahs

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of reasons.

I grewup near the water, and loved it. In fact my old man used too tell be if I didn't get out of the water I'd grow Webbed Feet

The other part comes from old carny freak shows. Seemed like they always had the name JoJo, i.e. JoJo The HorseFaced Boy, JoJo the Monkey Boy, etc......

So I just stuck the two together, JoJoTheWebToedBoy.

It's also handy when joining new sites, boards, etc... No one will ever use one that long :D

Once attended a local thrash metal concert that included a band called the Slambodians. Their diehard fans would yell "Slambo" after each tune. When I needed a handle for this board it seemed appropriate and I liked the name Slambodians for a fantasy team. So there you have it.

In high school my nickname was Perch. Most of my best friends still call me Perch. I got the name Perch from getting caught having carnal knowledge of a woman while she was swinging from boat lift straps and I was standing in the lake. My one of my buds said after the fact "well you had here perched up there nice and pretty. That and the fact that I was in the lake at the time, they started calling me Perch and it stuck. When I first got on the net, I went to sign on some site, and Perch was already taken, so I extended it to Perchoutofwater. Now that is my screen name on every site I visit.

Had a few names over the years back when we could change usernames. In no particular order (because i can't remember):

pearl_X_jam

purpleprideandprejudice

STP

Purple Floyd

citizen dick

Probably a couple more. I like grunge music and decided at some point to have a more generic name instead of one referring to a specific band and came up with Cap'n Grunge which is of course a take-off on Cap'n Crunch.

Would like to try be creative and come up with a new username, but the new boards don't allow it.

Had a few names over the years back when we could change usernames. In no particular order (because i can't remember):

pearl_X_jam

purpleprideandprejudice

STP

Purple Floyd

citizen dick

Probably a couple more. I like grunge music and decided at some point to have a more generic name instead of one referring to a specific band and came up with Cap'n Grunge which is of course a take-off on Cap'n Crunch.

Would like to try be creative and come up with a new username, but the new boards don't allow it.

936357[/snapback]

:D Another being Grunge Inferno - as the "grunge" is a substitution of "disco". :D