[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#10 overall? RB's went crazy...do i folow the craz

TommyMags

You need to get a top RB.....

JLewis would be a good pick. Portis and Dillon are nice as well.

Or you can take Moss and end up with one of the 3 above or one of the Jones....might be woth the risk.

Edited by nhoops

Not at all. Portis is a solid pick at #10. I just think Lewis is going to tear it up this year.

936292[/snapback]

Can Boller toss the rock a little to back of the defense though? I understand that Jamal has something to prove but does his schedule favor his intentions?

Moss seems like the obvious choice to me, especially with the one point per reception. If you HAVE to have a running back, take Lewis. He won't get you many receptions, but he should have a monster year on the round.

Portis still scares me. Well, actually Portis doesn't scare me, it's the rest of his team that scares me.

Moss seems like the obvious choice to me, especially with the one point per reception.  If you HAVE to have a running back, take Lewis.  He won't get you many receptions, but he should have a monster year on the round.

Portis still scares me.  Well, actually Portis doesn't scare me, it's the rest of his team that scares me.

936304[/snapback]

How did you manage that team? Nice :D

Or you can take Moss and end up with one of the 3 above or one of the Jones....might be woth the risk.

936194[/snapback]

Moss seems like the obvious choice to me, especially with the one point per reception.

936304[/snapback]

I had the EXACT same scenario with the 10th and 15th picks in a 12 team league that awards points (.5) per reception. As I saw it, the 4 best RBs still on the board were Portis, K. Jones, J. Jones and A. Green, and I wasn't really sure there was that big a difference between all those guys. I did think Moss was clearly above any other WR except T.O. however, and with T.O.'s questionable status, especially early in the week when I had to decide, I opted to go with Moss and take the best available RB on the way back at 15, which in my estimation ended up being Ahman Green - especially in a PPR league (Dillon went 11, K. Jones 12, Portis 13 and J. Jones 14).

What did you end up doing?

Edited by Skrappy1

At that position, its fairly standard to go RB/RB/WR/WR because the value at each position is pretty much guaranteed. You'll probably get two top 12 RBs and two top 12 WRs.

Then, pay attention to whehter the guys at 11 and 12 have QBs already when it comes to your 5th round pick. If they do: pass on QB at 5.10 because they won't be getting their backs up that early, and grab the best WR or RB value on the board at 5.10, then go QB at 6.3. If they do NOT have QBs yet: consider grabbing the best QB you can at 5.10 and then the best WR/RB value at 6.3.

Edited by yo mama

take Moss, screw the run come back and get one at least you well have the top wide out mama

938655[/snapback]

That was my take as well, and what I did faced with that same situation. I can't argue with someone going RB, RB when there's still good depth on the board there, but I went Randy Moss, then Ahman Green, and then hoped to hit on a solid #2 RB later (I grabbed Ronnie Brown and Fred Taylor, plus a few other handcuffs and flyers later on. I can't say that I'm very enthused with my choices, but hopefully at least one of them turns out to be a decent #2. I think Brown probably will and I did grab Ricky later on also to back him up. It's far from the ideal scenario, but I hedged my bets as well as I could and took what I thought the best shot - that's really all you can do. :D