[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I Smoking Crack?

SpinalTapp

Just looking at this trade and not knowing anything about your roster...I would say you are smoking crack....BUT if you're in need of a RB and will still have decent options at WR then maybe it would benefit you......You give up a tier2 WR and a #1 DST and you get a tier2 RB.

Since I don't see any other RBs on your roster, it may be a decent deal. You're giving up a crapload, but perhaps you're not smoking crack.

Who are your RB keepers, if any? Or did you list all your keepers? If you have no RBs, who are you projecting that you'll be able to draft?

And, sidebar question: why on God's green Earth are you keeping Burress?

I heard somebody's got some crack.

Edit: I get that deal done immediately regardless of line-up requirements, scoring, etc. If teams can keep 5 or more players, notice one thing: You don't have any RB keepers. You are sunk without at least one RB before the draft. Unless I'm not getting all of the information if the top 60 players in a 12 team league are kept and you aren't keeping a RB you've got no choice. IMHO.

Edited by Clubfoothead

I forgot to mention that each owner keeps any four players that were drafted AFTER the third round last year. For example, there are 14 RBs in the draft this year starting with LT and going down to Westbook - the only top guys off the table are McGahee, K.Jones, J.Jones, L.Jordan, and S.Jackson.

I have the 10th pick..which means I could land two of the top 14 available backs (I project it will be Dillon/R.Johnnson or J.Lewis/R.Johnson).

I like the deal on the table because if I get K.Jones, I can draft an RB at 1.10 and then grab either R.Moss or TO at 15.

Then I have two top 15 RBs (I project KJones will be a top 10-15RB) + the #1 or #2 WR in the league.

I also worry about J.Walker's future as a keeper next year if Favre leaves. He will still be good...but K.Jones brings less risk.

My four keepers would be C.Palmer, K.Jones, T.Heap and P.Burress or I could keep William Green, C.Moore, T.Calico, N.Davenport.

Thoughts with this new info?

By the way...my scoring system is listed at the bottomr of the post...but I do not include defense scoring...We use NFL.com's system. DSTs start with 20 points (12 for yds allowed; 8 for pts allowed). These points are deducted as your team yields pts and yds. However, DSTs get junk points for TDs (6 pts), sacks(1pt), INTs (2 pts) and fumbles (2 pts).

Last year, the Ravens finished third in total DST scoring behind the Pats and BIlls. THis year, I figure they will blow up again.

They were worth 18 pts per game while most DSTs put up about 13-15 pts a game.

I wouldn't do it.

If you can get two good runningbacks in yer draft plus plus J. Walker and Ravens. You can still draft quality rec. in the third and 4th round. You might want to consider another late QB...I saw Pennington go in the 12th round or later. Drafts are cookey and I'd bet if you went into the draft looking for the best 2 backs you'd be alright.

Edited by SuperBalla

I forgot to mention that each owner keeps any four players that were drafted AFTER the third round last year. For example, there are 14 RBs in the draft this year starting with LT and going down to Westbook - the only top guys off the table are McGahee, K.Jones, J.Jones, L.Jordan, and S.Jackson.

I have the 10th pick..which means I could land two of the top 14 available backs (I project it will be Dillon/R.Johnnson or J.Lewis/R.Johnson).

I like the deal on the table because if I get K.Jones, I can draft an RB at 1.10 and then grab either R.Moss or TO at 15.

Then I have two top 15 RBs (I project KJones will be a top 10-15RB) + the #1 or #2 WR in the league.

I also worry about J.Walker's future as a keeper next year if Favre leaves. He will still be good...but K.Jones brings less risk.

My four keepers would be C.Palmer, K.Jones, T.Heap and P.Burress or I could keep William Green, C.Moore, T.Calico, N.Davenport.

Thoughts with this new info?

938882[/snapback]

In the original post, you listed 5 players hat you were going to keep. Now you are saying that you can only keep 4?

If that is the case, then I would make the deal you listed.

Without looking too deeply into your scoring, I'd make the deal.  In my eyes, it is a trade of Javon Walker for Kevin Jones - the Ravens are irrelevent.  I find it hard to believe that they are THAT valuable, so I'd make the deal.

939008[/snapback]

They are not irrelevant. He can keep 4 players drafted after the third round. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that the Ravens D would be the first D off the board, and would come off in the 7th or sooner.

I think the larger point is that he listed 5 players as keepers, and then said he can only keep 4. If he can keep 5, the deal looks different than if he can only keep 4.

They are not irrelevant.  He can keep 4 players drafted after the third round.  It is certainly within the realm of possibility that the Ravens D would be the first D off the board, and would come off in the 7th or sooner.

939014[/snapback]

IMO, this is still way too early to take a DEF. I'm of the school that waits until 11-12 to start considering them.