[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strahan or Vilma

Just a simple question that I'm having a tough time deciding. Who would you keep on your team. Need to drop 1. See sig for the rest of my IDP lineup and pts. Thanks

943753[/snapback]

I'd keep Vilma. One word... youth.

He has the upside, while it won't be long til Strahan slips

Vilma, no contest. Strahan already slipped last year due to injury and Vilma is well on his way to being one of the best LBs in the league fantasy-wise.

943803[/snapback]

Absolutely. Just to give you an idea as to their value, Vilma was drafted 4.03 and Strahan 9.09 in the huddle's IDP mock.

Thanks guys. my IDP starting line up is

D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL

I got that stacked lineup, with my devotion to D. Other members in our league choose to get players like say Kennison over R. Lewis, or L. Suggs over K. Bullock. We also had three new members to the league and although I extremely stressed the importance of ranking D, I think they thought some Off was more inmportant and I cleaned up. The D in an IDP League will make or break you, as you know, and I hope to ride my D to the SB. I started drafting D in Rd. 5. Thanks again for all your help. I thought Strahan as well, but wanted the reassurence.

Drop Brandon Lloyd or Travis Taylor and once these people wake up and see the kind of damage a top flight LB can do, trade one of them for a high powered offensive guy.

The fact is, you have the top 3 LB's without Vilma....if you only can start 2, you'll be benching points and I guarantee one of them will consistently go off and they'll be picking splinters out of their ass for you.

IMO, in a limited roster IDP league, it is extremely important to draw a line between your starters and your backups. If you think a WDIS is difficult on the offensive side of the ball, it's much more difficult on the defensive side when you have very good players.

I agree with Gil -- keep Vilma and Strahan, then trade Ray Lewis or Donnie Edwards during the season for a solid offensive player. If you have to drop Lloyd or Taylor, then go ahead. You'll be able to make up that value and more in the trade.

944719[/snapback]

After the Rattay news today, I'd say Taylor or Williams...Lloyd may make a bit of noise during the first part of the season.

With that scoring in a 10 man league, with those few starting requirments, Id have waited until round 10 to take my first IDP player. At 1 pt per tackle Ray may have 8 in a game, and 5 assist, where the #35 LB may have 6 in a game and 3 assist. Thats a difference of 3 pts a week from the top LB to the #35 LB.

There are actually more IDP requirements, but with only "480" characters, I can't put my line up + all requirements in the sig. DEF points are:

Tackle Solo (1)

Tackle Assist (.5)

Sack (2)

Interception (2)

Fumble Force (1)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (7)

Safety (2)

Pass Defended (1)

Block Kick (2)

After playing in this league, the IDP are a huge part of it. I understand what you are saying about random D putting up numbers, but with my D the way it is, I'm looking at 30 to 50 pts a game. Trust me, in this league, if your IDP sucks your f*cked.

Edited by mhayhurst