[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S.O.F.A. Draft

Furd

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was posting in DMD's thread when it dissapeared. I'm starting to get a complex....  :D

946583[/snapback]

I did the same thing.

I made the 2 QB crack, so it might have been my fault. :D

I was posting also.....just some wise crack about taking Burleson and leaving Porter on the board. :D

946593[/snapback]

LMAO! I made the same Burleson-Porter crack! Now, we discover the real reason it was deleted! LOL! J/K, DMD!

11th spot is such a crappy pick. It looks like The Huddle will get Mcgahee, Dillon or Lewis. I just have a bad feeling about Mcgahee.

Lewis/Jones will make a nice, powerful backfield. Not much in the way of receptions, however. Wouldn't shock me if they went Westbrook here.

Edit: Oops, upon page refresh... Tiki Barber. Same line of thinking as the Westbrook thought.

Edited by darin3

WW. If you have time, could you please give me some insight into your thought process on your 1st and 2nd round picks.  Thanks.

946659[/snapback]

First and main point. My draft board is likely different from yours and it is very different from the rankings here.

Barber and Westbrook were rated higher on my board that JJones (1 point/catch) and they rate out as virtually equal. JJones was very attactive because I think he will get the rock this year and end up gunning for the league rushing title. Because I knew I'd be happy with either Barber or Westbrook, and because I know many are very high on JJones I took him first, waiting on one of the other two after the swing.

So... both ended up coming back to me. Go figure... My projections that have Barber and Westbrook equal show Tiki sliding and Westbrook rising. Meaning Westbrook would have to outperform himself to match Tiki's under performance. Both also could be hurt by the rookies behind them. Barber is a rock and his health risk is minimal. This was a very close call and mostly went to my gut feel... Barber.

(1 point/catch)

That says it all really....i now see whats up. My bad for not understanding the scoring. I agree on all counts.

Fantasy Insights always blows me away with their "gun slinger" drafting style, yet every year they are either walking away with the trophy or close to it. :D

Yeah hasn't Insights won 3 out of the past 4 years?  Maybe I should sign up over there...

946692[/snapback]

Don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out. :D

Fantasy Insights always blows me away with their "gun slinger" drafting style, yet every year they are either walking away with the trophy or close to it. :D

946680[/snapback]

Are you saying all championships are won during the draft? Haven't read up on the SOFA process... can teams drop/pick-up/trade? If so, I'd postulate that the draft is only a portion of the process that goes into a successful season.

Yeah hasn't Insights won 3 out of the past 4 years?  Maybe I should sign up over there...

946692[/snapback]

Go ahead. Please take Donvito Digler, Peehawks37, zmanzzzdork and Chessmaster-bator with you. :D

:D Cadillac Williams at 2.09.  Wow.

I like the JJ pick.  Tiki takes some getting used to, because every year you wonder.  He does put up the points, though, so you can't argue with the pick.  I probably would have gone for Lewis, but that doesn't make me right.

946784[/snapback]

I still remember the year (Tiki's "breakout" season) I drafted him as Mr. Irrelevant (or close to it). As my 4th RB, he led just about everyone in fantasy points. This season would be the one to really start worrying; especially about TDs. He had a dearth of them last season, but really no reasoning behind it. This season, there's a 6'4", 265 pound reason. Brandon Jacobs. Expect the solid yardage totals from Tiki, but don't be shocked if his TD total isn't that spectacular.

I'm big on Caddy. I think he's the best of the rookie RB crop this season. Gruden loves him, and Pittman will be relegated to situational duty. And the Gruden offense typically keeps the RB busy in the pass game. Caddy should have a nice season.

I still remember the year (Tiki's "breakout" season) I drafted him as Mr. Irrelevant (or close to it).  As my 4th RB, he led just about everyone in fantasy points.  This season would be the one to really start worrying; especially about TDs.  He had a dearth of them last season, but really no reasoning behind it.  This season, there's a 6'4", 265 pound reason.  Brandon Jacobs.  Expect the solid yardage totals from Tiki, but don't be shocked if his TD total isn't that spectacular. 

946792[/snapback]

The other thing that is scary besides Tiki's age and the potential TD vulture is the fact that Tiki kicked butt with Warner at the helm and then started slowing down with Manning. Maybe I'm just down on Tiki because he is one of those guys I've never drafted in numerous leagues and it has always came back to haunt me. I gots to be right one year. :D