[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S.O.F.A. Draft

Furd

I'm big on Caddy.  I think he's the best of the rookie RB crop this season.  Gruden loves him, and Pittman will be relegated to situational duty.  And the Gruden offense typically keeps the RB busy in the pass game.  Caddy should have a nice season.

946792[/snapback]

Wonderful, great, he can have a great season, BUT AT 2.09. Don't you think he could have gotten him at 3.04? Maybe he knows the teams he is drafting against better than me, but I really think he could have taken a teir 1 WR and gotten Caddy at 3.04.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful, great, he can have a great season, BUT AT 2.09.  Don't you think he could have gotten him at 3.04?  Maybe he knows the teams he is drafting against better than me, but I really think he could have taken a teir 1 WR and gotten Caddy at 3.04.

946868[/snapback]

Probably, yeah.

Does anyone else find it interesting that "Football Injuries" used their 1st two picks on Holmes & Westbrook, guys that seem to miss at least a few games every year? Somehow, that just seems so appropriate.

Edited by ts

:D

You thought I was serious?!?  C'mon dude!  And Darin, you too??  LOL

946883[/snapback]

No, but in case you were, I was hoping you could take out the trash on your way out. Thank you, drive through. :D

Does anyone else find it interesting that "Football Injuries" used their 1st two picks on Holmes & Westbrook, guys that seem to miss at least a few games every year? Somehow, that just seems so appropriate.

946885[/snapback]

I sure did. I figured they'd take Owens with that second pick. But Wesbrook will do. I think I gave their first pick a nice :D back on Page 1 of this thread. :D

Fantasy Insights always blows me away with their "gun slinger" drafting style, yet every year they are either walking away with the trophy or close to it. :D

946680[/snapback]

That wont be the case in the Sofa IDP draft. :D

And you can bet Gonzo will be their 3rd round pick. If you look at their last 2 yrs in Sofa, and Sofa IDP this yr, he went in round 3, and the same guy is doing the drafting. Hes going in round 3 here as well, so if you want him, you better get him.

Insights seem to always take one of the two top Qbs and Gonzo and takes chances on many RBs later and one of them usually is servicable. Its untraditional, but the Championships dont lie. If you want to beat them, you first have to understand what they do, and whats makes them successful.

First and main point.  My draft board is likely different from yours and it is very different from the rankings here.

Barber and Westbrook were rated higher on my board that JJones (1 point/catch) and they rate out as virtually equal.  JJones was very attactive because I think he will get the rock this year and end up gunning for the league rushing title.  Because I knew I'd be happy with either Barber or Westbrook, and because I know many are very high on JJones I took him first, waiting on one of the other two after the swing.

So... both ended up coming back to me.  Go figure...  My projections that have Barber and Westbrook equal show Tiki sliding and Westbrook rising.  Meaning Westbrook would have to outperform himself to match Tiki's under performance.  Both also could be hurt by the rookies behind them.  Barber is a rock and his health risk is minimal. This was a very close call and mostly went to my gut feel...  Barber.

946671[/snapback]

Tiki???? :D Dude, Jordan was the pick. He'll be catching that swing pass all season...

I was just checking out their MB. Rajn had a post over there to discuss the SOFA draft.

One of the guys there that has been around a while said

You may have a larger core group maybe but I'll tell you this I'd match our guys up against yours any day of the week. Now don't take that as a challenge because I believe most of us are leagued out and wouldn't have time for more. I do believe however that there is no way the knowledge on your board is greater than here. You may equal it but I doubt it.

to Rajn. Arrogant, Eh? I mean, you can't argue with the Championships, but you also can't tie our collective wisdom to DMD and WW's drafting habits, can you? :D

Insights seem to always take one of the two top Qbs and Gonzo and takes chances on many RBs later and one of them usually is servicable.  Its untraditional, but the Championships dont lie.  If you want to beat them, you first have to understand what they do, and whats makes them successful.

946937[/snapback]

Interesting, I read an article in a FF magazine called "Doing the opposite." I was intrigued. Basically the went QB/WR/TE or QB/WR/WR in no specific order for the first three picks in a mock. They picked running backs in rounds 4-8. The RB's were nothing to brag home about but seemed pretty serviceable as they handcuffed them later in the draft. By the end of the draft, the team looked pretty darn deadly.

I did this in one draft this year and feel like my team is going to be anywhere from mediocre to totally deadly. I've had so much success going RB/RB or RB/WR, that it is tough to divert from the tried and true strategy.

1) I think this SOFA says alot about the whole "mock" system where PM was going 5 or higher

2) I think the KJ7 pick is way out of the box and I have no idea whether I am missing something big or these guys totally screwed up

3) I think it would be really cool for the guys involved in SOFA to post about behind the scenes/inside scoop on the league and the process.

4) I think the AFC wins the Superbowl

5) Is FF Poker or Craps?

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=103845

Thanks,

Long Time Listener, First Time Caller.

I was just checking out their MB.  Rajn had a post over there to discuss the SOFA draft.

One of the guys there that has been around a while said

to Rajn.  Arrogant, Eh?  I mean, you can't argue with the Championships, but you also can't tie our collective wisdom to DMD and WW's drafting habits, can you?  :D

946997[/snapback]

Not arrogant, just sure. Yes that was my post. Just as I'm sure you would say almost the same thing about your MB. You know what, I have no problem with that.

You also can't tie our wisdom with the FI draft. But maybe I shouldn't admit that. We don't even know who's doing the drafting for FI.

First no one can match the intellect of your board, yet your board doesnt even know who is drafting for them. Then to say we are topped out of leagues so we as a message board can't challenge you as a message board, but trust us we're better. You must be french, I mean who else would be that arrogant, yet be such a coward when its time to put up or shut up. I can guarantee you we can find 6 huddlers here to join a league with any 6 of you and go head to head every week, and let the chips fall where they may. But your hide and go seek approach tells me you want no part of this challenge.

Also, I admit FI has had success in Sofa Classic using an unorthodox method. But I can tell you this, in SOFA IDP, that method is going to crumble and its the same guy doing both Classis and IDP, Tim Van Prooyen. How sad is it that a member from our web site the huddle knows more about who is drafting for your web site, than you do. Yep, you gotta be french. :D

Tim and I spoke on email just yesterday and he seems to be a very knowledgable guy, and I have no reason to say anything negative about him. His track record proceeds him. But he certainly isnt as cocky and cowardly as you.

Not arrogant, just sure. Yes that was my post. Just as I'm sure you would say almost the same thing about your MB. You know what, I have no problem with that.

You also can't tie our wisdom with the FI draft. But maybe I shouldn't admit that. We don't even know who's doing the drafting for FI.

947161[/snapback]

Funny thing...I didn't say the same thing about our MB, not on your site or ours.

But, I'd be happy to arrange a top talent league to settle the dispute :D

Edited by Caveman_Nick

The other thing that is scary besides Tiki's age and the potential TD vulture is the fact that Tiki kicked butt with Warner at the helm and then started slowing down with Manning.  Maybe I'm just down on Tiki because he is one of those guys I've never drafted in numerous leagues and it has always came back to haunt me.  I gots to be right one year.  :D

946833[/snapback]

Seems like every year he is dicounted and puts up good numbers almost all the time. Like doubling to get even in Vegas you have to win sooner or later. :D

I never pick him either.

Jamal in the 2nd round though?

Interesting, I read an article in a FF magazine called "Doing the opposite." I was intrigued. Basically the went QB/WR/TE or QB/WR/WR in no specific order for the first three picks in a mock. They picked running backs in rounds 4-8. The RB's were nothing to brag home about but seemed pretty serviceable as they handcuffed them later in the draft. By the end of the draft, the team looked pretty darn deadly.

Like most people here, I've also bought into the RB theory. But last season, one of my local drafts had a no-show owner on draft day. Sitting a man short, we decided to draft his team in order (QB, RB, WR, TE, ..... etc) based upon the best available player left in whatever position was being drafted that round. Now granted, depth was non-existant, but getting Culpepper, Holt and Gonzo (dont remember his RB) was a strong core. We ended up getting an owner (he traded for Dillon) and made it to the championship game.

Unorthodox way to draft, and maybe it was luck, but you cant argue with the results.

I've been watching the SOFA draft over the last 3 years, and what I have noticed about F Insights is that they almost always draft the highest Tier 1 player available at any position. I'm not sure that they have had the 1.01 or 1.02 picks since I have been watching. If they did they might take RB. Otherwise look at what they do. This year, Tier 1 QB, Tier 1 WR and invariably they will take either Gonzo or Gates in the next round or two. They usually take the best impact player available at a position, obviously within reason.

Tim and I spoke on email just yesterday and he seems to be a very knowledgable guy, and I have no reason to say anything negative about him. His track record proceeds him. But he certainly isnt as cocky and cowardly as you.

947359[/snapback]

Hey Sarge, great post. Tim would appreciate it. I actually know Tim rather well. We spent 4 years in the Air Force together and have been friends for over a decade now. I'm the guy that got him started in FF (Just mention the name Capt Penoyer to him :D).

As for it working in the IDP league, don't completely discount it. Watching the way the other 'expert' teams draft, he just might swing it.

On Tim's FF skills, I'm still in the original league he joined 10 years ago, plus wo others we have joined together. One is a redraft and the others are auctions. Tim is almost always in the playoffs. However, he may not willing admit it, but I beat him more often than not. :D

I've been watching the SOFA draft over the last 3 years, and what I have noticed about F Insights is that they almost always draft the highest Tier 1 player available at any position. I'm not sure that they have had the 1.01 or 1.02 picks since I have been watching. If they did they might take RB. Otherwise look at what they do. This year, Tier 1 QB, Tier 1 WR and invariably they will take either Gonzo or Gates in the next round or two. They usually take the best impact player available at a position, obviously within reason.

947614[/snapback]

And yet his follow 'experts' keep letting it happen, and keep getting beaten. Go figure. :D

(Nothing against WW and DMD who provide me with the only cheat sheets I will ever, ever use in an FF draft/auction. :D)

Edited by DO Jaded

:D

You thought I was serious?!?  C'mon dude!  And Darin, you too??  LOL

946883[/snapback]

Please note the :D icon after my post to you which denotes sarcasm (thats means joking in case you dont understand this post either) :D

OK now. All teams in front of The Huddle #3 pick have 2 RBs with the exception of FI who has drafted QB / WR. It might seem that WRs and QBs will go off the board right now before it gets to The Huddles #3 pick. I guess we size up a WR here?

Edit: Size up a WR or QB unless Gonzo or Gates falls to us?

Edited by Pancake

OK now. All teams in front of The Huddle #3 pick have 2 RBs with the exception of FI who has drafted QB / WR.  It might seem that WRs and QBs will go off the board right now before it gets to The Huddles #3 pick. I guess we size up a WR here?

Edit: Size up a WR or QB unless Gonzo or Gates falls to us?

947669[/snapback]

It's Huddle's turn in Classic. :D

Go for Gates?

Edited by Randall

Gates is the only Tier #1 player left really. FSP will definately take a RB and either a WR or TE on their swing pick. So no reason for The Huddle to jump a QB right now. Either a TE or WR here.