[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S.O.F.A. Draft

Furd

Reality is, for FI, that they have 3 Tier one players. Noone else does. If they hit only average/slightly below average RB's they will be right in the thick of things. Still plenty of Barlows, Fosters, Bell/Andersen's, Suggs etc out there for them to fill their roster. While everyone else is trying to pick up Tier 3-4 WR, they'll be looking at tier 3-4 rb. Probably much less of a crap shoot than Tier 3-4 WR.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#4 pick is narrowed down to WR or QB. Conventional wisdom says that only 4 or 5 more QBs will go off the board after The Huddle's #4 pick (and before their #5 pick) and if WW has a particular QB in mind that he feels confident in that will fall to him then he should pull the trigger on a WR here.

Hey Sarge, great post.  Tim would appreciate it. I actually know Tim rather well.  We spent 4 years in the Air Force together and have been friends for over a decade now.  I'm the guy that got him started in FF (Just mention the name Capt Penoyer to him :D). 

As for it working in the IDP league, don't completely discount it.  Watching the way the other 'expert' teams draft, he just might swing it.

On Tim's FF skills, I'm still in the original league he joined 10 years ago, plus wo others we have joined together. One is a redraft and the others are auctions.  Tim is almost always in the playoffs. However, he may not willing admit it, but I beat him more often than not.  :D

947630[/snapback]

Lets just say in SOFA IDP, Im drafting very similar, as I generally do with Deuce, Holt, Gates, and LB Ray Lewis. Three tier 1 players and Deuce could very well be there by seasons end, to go with Chris Brown, Ronnie Brown at RB, and Rod Smith in round 7 at WR thus far. We are just beginning round 8 there, so thats all I got so far.

Those keeping track at home, FI in Sofa IDP has QB Culpepper, RBs A Green, M Bennett, WR Travis Taylor, TE Gonzo, DL J Peppers, LB Donnie Edwards through 7 rounds.

Yea, I know I'm from Houston. Truthfully, cannot stand the Texans. :D Have yet to draft a single one since they joined. I think Johnson will be gone to FSP, I'd go with Bulger. If DMD and WW think he's the 3rd best QB (according to cheat sheet), they'd be crazy not to pick'em.

Lets just say in SOFA IDP, Im drafting very similar, as I generally do with Deuce, Holt, Gates, and LB Ray Lewis. Three tier 1 players and Deuce could very well be there by seasons end, to go with Chris Brown, Ronnie Brown at RB, and Rod Smith in round 7 at WR thus far.  We are just beginning round 8 there, so thats all I got so far.

Those keeping track at home, FI in Sofa IDP has QB Culpepper, RBs A Green,  M Bennett, WR Travis Taylor, TE Gonzo,  DL J Peppers, LB Donnie Edwards through 7 rounds.

947756[/snapback]

Now you're confusing me. You say his strategy will completely break down in the IDP league, but you're taking a similar approach?

Now you're confusing me.  You say his strategy will completely break down in the IDP league, but you're taking a similar approach?

947907[/snapback]

Similar approach is not the same approach. I also grabbed value of top tier players as he did, thus we both have top tier TEs, LBs, where others were taking tier 3 and 4 Wrs and Rbs, but that is basically where it ends. He has a top tier QB in Culpepper, but there is still 2nd tier Qbs on the board in round 8 and 9 who will be much closer to Culpeppers #s than any WR left compared to that of Holts at WR, thus Culpepper in round 1 was terrible value as it turns out. I have Rod Smith as my #2 WR, he doesnt have a #2 yet. His #1 WR is Travis Taylor in round 6, maybe the worst value pick of the draft, unless you count his other pick Michael bennett in round 5. Taylor may turn out to be a good pick, but when you take a sleeper in round 6, he really isnt a sleeper anymore, hes your #1 at the position. J Peppers isnt even the top rated DL, and he took him in round 4, when there is equal talent still available in round 8. So that is not value either.

Culpepper in round 1 vs a tier 2 QB I get in the next few rounds

A Green vs Deuce

M Bennett vs Ronnie Brown and Chris Brown

T Taylor vs Tory Holt

? vs Rod Smith

Gonzo vs Gates

Julius Peppers in round 4 vs equal talent in round 8 (Charles Grant)

Donnie Edwards vs Ray Lewis

Lets just say he may be your boy and hes a super nice guy, but based on this above, plus many other teams I see as superior, his streak is over.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Lets just say he may be your boy and hes a super nice guy, but based on this above, plus many other teams I see as superior, his streak is over.

947947[/snapback]

Not my boy, just a good friend. Just looking for clarification from you and what appeared to be contradictory statements. You supplied it, thanks.

I never said Tim was an FF genius. Just seems to be one of the better 'experts'.

FI 1st RB drafted is M. Bennett. Man oh Man is that a ballsy position to be in. I wish I knew if the drafter was targeting a different RB to fall or if he thought that M. Bennnet would be sitting here waiting for him.

Edited by Pancake

The Gates pick was good, and rather obvious. The Burleson pick caught me by surprise though. Burleson and Jordan .... either you like them or you don't it seems. I happen to think both will have good years. I have Burleson ranked the same way WW has him, pretty high.

Fantasy Insights always blows me away with their "gun slinger" drafting style, yet every year they are either walking away with the trophy or close to it. :D

946680[/snapback]

Well all, Fantasy Insights' main culprit here...finally, after all these years. A couple of mice pointed out to me that this was the place to hear all the talk about the SOFA drafts...

Gun slinger style huh? I've never heard it described that way, actually it's quite calculated, but hey, a win's a win!

Well all, Fantasy Insights' main culprit here...finally, after all these years.  A couple of mice pointed out to me that this was the place to hear all the talk about the SOFA drafts...

Gun slinger style huh?  I've never heard it described that way, actually it's quite calculated, but hey, a win's a win!

948336[/snapback]

Hey Champ, the title is about to change hands, hope that is alright with you. Glad I could lead you to the promise land. Just get rid of the Handbook as your IDP tool. Its outdated already and some tool wrote all the stuff in there. :D

Hey Champ,  the title is about to change hands, hope that is alright with you.  Glad I could lead you to the promise land.  Just get rid of the Handbook as your IDP tool.  Its outdated already and some tool wrote all the stuff in there.  :D

948343[/snapback]

Hey man, I expect nothing less than you to smak me around this year, cause I know how much it would burn you to be taken down by a rookie :D

Not my boy, just a good friend.  Just looking for clarification from you and what appeared to be contradictory statements.  You supplied it, thanks.

I never said Tim was an FF genius.  Just seems to be one of the better 'experts'.

948144[/snapback]

Gee Greg...first time I think you ever complimented me...lol...just kidding buddy. And thanks for getting me started in this rat race...I owe ya a lot!

Youch....that had to hurt :D

948347[/snapback]

Nope didn't hurt at all. The dude has the right to think whatever he wants. Fine by me.

Might be nice if you visited the board at the site you represent though. I have a feeling a lot of questions would be asked.

Well all, Fantasy Insights' main culprit here...finally, after all these years.  A couple of mice pointed out to me that this was the place to hear all the talk about the SOFA drafts...

Gun slinger style huh?  I've never heard it described that way, actually it's quite calculated, but hey, a win's a win!

948336[/snapback]

Cool. :D I got your attention! It's very obvious that its calculated as you end up with a very competative team every year. I would love to know what your thought process is regarding this years draft. It appears you are taking the best player off the board each round regardless of the fact that the RBs available to you by the 4th round are very speculative (IMO).

EDIT: After looking on all SOFA (classic, IDP, Auction) I see that FI has M. Bennett in all three....Hmmmmm :D

Edited by Pancake

Nope didn't hurt at all. The dude has the right to think whatever he wants. Fine by me.

Might be nice if you visited the board at the site you represent though. I have a feeling a lot of questions would be asked.

948785[/snapback]

First off I invited him here to check out this site, and second you obviously found this place and prove you are not leaving anytime soon, so word about the huddle is definately getting out. :D