[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Taylor - 22nd Best WR in FF?

GoTs

Did anyone notice that Fantasy Insights selected Travis Taylor WR Minn with their 6th round pick in the IDP SOFA draft? :D That made him the 22nd WR taken overall. Ahead of R Smith, J Smith, L Fitzgerald, L Evans to name some, or 18 Tier 4 WR and 26 Tier 5 WR according to the Huddle Cheat Sheet. I know that FI does some, how should I say it? Unconventional drafting, but is there something that most all the other FF Sites are missing or did they just have a brian fart over there? Not like they had Moss or Holt or even TO, he was their first WR pick (unless you count Gonzo). Any thoughts, anyone else feel that strongly about Taylor or know their reasoning? :D

Just made this point in another post....but the word is that Taylor is having a great camp, and is really pushing M. Rob for the #2 spot. I am planning on taking a flyer on him late in my draft, since I doubt that he is on anyones radar. An ounce of talent in that offensive system could pay off big.....

Lets just say its terrible value.  He could be had much later, and this is an example when a  sleeper isnt a sleeper when you value him alot more than anyone else and leave better value on the board to take him too early.

947929[/snapback]

Yep.

Lets just say its terrible value.  He could be had much later, and this is an example when a  sleeper isnt a sleeper when you value him alot more than anyone else and leave better value on the board to take him too early.

947929[/snapback]

Would tend to agree with you, but, as I said, FI may draft unconventionally but they don't tend to be idots about it. They basically are drafting him as their No 1. The Huddle's critique is that although he has upside, he is no better than cannon fodder. Something seems amiss. Tayor didn't even make any of the Huddler's sleeper lists :D Just wondering if anyone out there has any insightful info on such a strange early round pick.

Edited by GoTs

Would tend to agree with you, but, as I said, FI may draft unconventionally but they don't tend to be idots about it. They basically are drafting him as their No 1. The Huddle's critique is that although he has upside, he is no better than cannon fodder. Something seems amiss. Tayor didn't even make any of the Huddler's sleeper lists :D  Just wondering if anyone out there has any insightful info on such a strange early round pick.

947941[/snapback]

amazingly he was on the sleeper list of sportsline's recent article...along with Brandon Jacobs...

they aren't getting to be too bad with their information...it's really bringing some of the newbs in my league up to speed....

947929[/snapback]

Can't argue with Sarge's logic here. It seems like maybe they believe Taylor could surpass Burleson and become the Vikes #1 WR, I can't think of any other reason to take him that high. I've said it before, I think Burleson is being overrated so stranger things have happened, but seeing as how no one else is believing that to be the case, they could have waited much longer to draft Taylor. I got him in the 17th round of a 12-team draft - 6th round seems kind of dumb anyway you look at it. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

If Taylor holds on to the #2 WR slot, it will be because he's playing well.... he won't stay there if he falters. Having said that, he was clearly taken way too early here. They could have gotten him at least 3 or 4 rounds later. He's a nice late round sleeper, but to be taken this early is a real head scratcher.

I am liking Taylor more and more but the important thing to me is when you could reach him. He has not come on so strongly as to be taken that early in drafts so far - he has never gone earlier than maybe 12th or so round. He is moving up and I do like him, but I do not think you can consider him worthy of being a FF starter (top 36) yet. Nice sleeper back-up, but not someone to initially rely on.

Just made this point in another post....but the word is that Taylor is having a great camp, and is really pushing M. Rob for the #2 spot. I am planning on taking a flyer on him late in my draft, since I doubt that he is on anyones radar.  An ounce of talent in that offensive system could pay off big.....

947920[/snapback]

First time that I've ever come across this guy or his avatar. Keep posting guy, I love the avy. :D

Would tend to agree with you, but, as I said, FI may draft unconventionally but they don't tend to be idots about it. They basically are drafting him as their No 1. The Huddle's critique is that although he has upside, he is no better than cannon fodder. Something seems amiss. Tayor didn't even make any of the Huddler's sleeper lists :D  Just wondering if anyone out there has any insightful info on such a strange early round pick.

947941[/snapback]

I view him as a definate sleeper. His skills were highly touted when he started out in Baltimore and his lack of production there could definately be blamed on the lack of skill at the QB position. Now that he is in Minnesota he could finally realize that potential. Last year Cpep lofted close to 40 TDs. This year could be no different given their RB problems. The top two wideouts, Moss & Burleson hauled in over half of those and while Burleson should provide the big plays that Moss generated before Taylor will get a lot of looks at the goal line as well as his fair share of catches.

I can't see taking him there but I gotta think if he can hold his spot as the #2 WR for the Vikings this year, he's good for 8 TDs. He did come from a terrible passing offense in Baltimore so maybe he's got more than he's been able to show.

I am liking Taylor more and more but the important thing to me is when you could reach him. He has not come on so strongly as to be taken that early in drafts so far - he has never gone earlier than maybe 12th or so round. He is moving up and I do like him, but I do not think you can consider him worthy of being a FF starter (top 36) yet. Nice sleeper back-up, but not someone to initially rely on.

947962[/snapback]

I guess we'll see whether FI just lost it in the IDP or if they really like him by where Taylor goes in the Classic :D

Just made this point in another post....but the word is that Taylor is having a great camp, and is really pushing M. Rob for the #2 spot. I am planning on taking a flyer on him late in my draft, since I doubt that he is on anyones radar.  An ounce of talent in that offensive system could pay off big.....

947920[/snapback]

In the HOT draft he was picked 9.12, so he culd be moving up.

i've picked him off in the last 2 drafts i have been in since he has been named starter (doh league, botnh). only as a fourth wr though. he presents great value in the 9th-12 rounds with excellent upside. how can u not like that? as for drafting him in the 6th....why??? makes no sense. fill another need and get back to him in the 8th if your really worried about getting him.

I guess we'll see whether FI just lost it in the IDP or if they really like him by where Taylor goes in the Classic :D

947985[/snapback]

Hey guys, let me explain that pick...I do like Taylor, but....had to do a predraft selection and he was on a list, and it just happened he was the next in a list I had...but didn't really expect to get that far down. Anyway, If I'd been making the selection live, I would have waited for sure, though I do believe he has a great shot at some fantastic numbers this year. Just wanted to clarify, and thank you very much for paying attention...nice when people actually do care about why picks are made...smart ballers there. :D