[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does your league pay out?

Thews40

Just curious. I hope this isn’t too far off topic for the forum, but it would be buried in a sea of “rate my team” posts in the advice forum. We pay out the top two (40% and 25%) to total points for the year. SB winner gets third, and one pay out for 3rd in total points. First year playing FF I went 11-2 and lost my first playoff game in an off week. Is it the norm to pay out the most for a SB win? Do most head-tohead leagues play the SB in week 16 if it pays the most?

55% 1st place

30% 2nd place

15% 3rd place

The prize pool is usually round $4,000 so the payouts are in the range of $2,200, $1,200 and $600 respectively. The entry fee is $350 plus transaction costs during the season. This does not include Division winner and Toilet Bowl payouts.

Edited by PackerFanX

Just curious. I hope this isn’t too far off topic for the forum, but it would be buried in a sea of “rate my team” posts in the advice forum. We pay out the top two (40% and 25%) to total points for the year. SB winner gets third, and one pay out for 3rd in total points. First year playing FF I went 11-2 and lost my first playoff game in an off week. Is it the norm to pay out the most for a SB win? Do most head-tohead leagues play the SB in week 16 if it pays the most?

949038[/snapback]

We pay 50% to the Super Bowl winner, 20% to 2nd place, 10% to 3rd place and 20% to the total point winner (with total points going through Week 16).

We like it because if you win the Super Bowl and have the most points you get 70%. If you get boned and lose in the semis but have the best team you get 30%. Seems a pretty good system.

Also, the last team to make the playoffs does so based on points not record. The first 5 teams make the playoffs based solely on record. So if a team was unlucky during the season with the schedule, it still will make the playoffs if it has a top 6 point total.

We used to have only 5 teams make the playoffs (12 team league) and perhaps having half the teams make the playoffs is excessive (dont tell that to the NBA and the NHL though, 2/3 of those teams make the playoffs). But since you win nothing unless you come in third or better it protects the top teams (especially the 2 with bye weeks). The point total award also protects the team that was best througout the season.

Seems to work well so far.

55%  1st place

30%  2nd place

15%  3rd place

The prize pool is usually round $4,000 so the payouts are in the range of $2,200, $1,200 and $600 respectively.  The entry fee is $350 plus transaction costs during the season.  This does not include Division winner and Toilet Bowl payouts.

949179[/snapback]

in our toilet bowl the winner gets his transactions for free for the year. We preload $35 so its a minimum of $35 to the winner.

We use EQUAL payouts for 1st/2nd/3rd place standings in both Total Points AND the playoff finishes. We also tend to give a weekly bonus to the high point scorer every week. So if we had $1000 to dole out, it would look like

1st points - $200

2nd points - $100

3rd points - $40

Superbowl winner - $200

Superbowl runnerup - $100

Consolation bowl winner - $40

Each weekly high score - $20 x 16 weeks ($320)

I am in 3 leagues and all 3 pay differently.

1 league is total points scored and the top 2 teams get paid 70/30

1 league division winners get some and top 2 teams get the rest after Superbowl week 16

other league division winners get some and then everybody makes the playoffs with the top 4 teams getting a bye in the first round. Top 2 teams get paid but it pays more for winning your division then it does for the superbowl. I think the commish in this league has a major crack problem though :D

I am in 3 leagues and all 3 pay differently.

1 league is total points scored and the top 2 teams get paid 70/30

1 league division winners get some and top 2 teams get the rest after Superbowl week 16

other league division winners get some and then everybody makes the playoffs with the top 4 teams getting a bye in the first round. Top 2 teams get paid but it pays more for winning your division then it does for the superbowl. I think the commish in this league has a major crack problem though :D

949600[/snapback]

We do the same. All teams make the playoffs (this keeps everyone in it through week 14). One head-to-head against all other teams in weeks 1-11, top two in each 6 team division gets a bye for weeks 12 and 13, and the rest battle it out for a combined two-week score in weeks 12 and 13. SB in week 16. SB is more fun than anything, and if you get a late season burt you can still win, which makes it fun for two weeks anyway.

We do the same. All teams make the playoffs (this keeps everyone in it through week 14).

949639[/snapback]

Just offer prize money for high scorer of the week. We play prize money through Week 16 so that the people who don't make the playoffs or who don't have a chance to make the playoffs stay active. Everyone making the playoffs makes the season worthless.

My league is a total points league. My other local is H2H but the sixth playoff spot goes to the team not in playoffs (3 div winners, next two best records) with the highest point total. The only way that doesn't happen is if there are three teams tied with the next best record. Playoffs for all the $, but there is a toilet bowl for all the non-playoff teams.

My FFL money league pays out as follows

"37% WWFFL Bowl Winner

17% WWFFL Bowl Runner up

10% To each Division Winner

2% Each Week (Regular Season) to the League's Top Scoring Team."

We find if we spread out the prizes to weekly winners in addition to division winners and the playoff winner and runner-up, more people stay involved all year, instead of ignoring their team once they are eliminated from the playoff race.

40% total points

40% Head to head

10% for each runner up.

12 people @ $100 each...

$1,200

$100 to software misc expenses.

$600 to Superbowl Winner

$250 to Superbowl Loser

$100 each (2) Semi Final Losers

$50 to the Toilet Bowl

W/L

3 Divisions. Best of each division + 3 wild cards.

Top 2 seeds get first round byes.

This is a head to head league with 2 divisions. Payouts are as follows:

Weekly winnings for most points

50 for 1st

20 for 2nd

10 for 3rd

Division Champ (80) X 2

2nd Place Division (60) x 2

3rd Place Division (40) x 2

Conference Champs (100) x 2

Super Bowl Champ (150)

Toilet Bowl Champ (50)

We also collect for each wavier wire transaction. We divide this money 5 ways (QB, RB, WR, K, and DEF/ST) for total starter points at the end of the year.

Reg Season Champ $100

Winner Championship $300 + 20% NFAF

Loser Championship (2nd) $150 + 20% NFAF

Winner 3rd $100 + 20% NFAF

Winner Consolation Bracket $50 + 20% NFAF

Winner Lottery 20% NFAF

NFAF = Net Free Agent Funds (Free Agent Funds less League Expenses)

Lottery is a group of 6 teams, including Consolation bracket winner.