[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison With Another Hard Hit

Primetime9287

I think Rodney gets a bad rap sometimes because he plays hard all the time, unlike some players "cough" Randy Moss "cough"

951815[/snapback]

Bingo. I don't think Harrison is malicious. The guy just motors on every play. He gets carried away in his passion for playing the game. More players should be like him. :D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope.  just stating the facts.

951824[/snapback]

The facts as as you see them, Hook. And anyone who disagrees with you "simply cannot defend it." :D

Additionally, I find it odd that you never went after Brian Urlacher in these forums after he laid out your very own Colts' TE Dallas Clark on a verrrry questionable/dirty play (for which he was just fined $5,000; Harrison will not be fined). If you did lash out against Urlacher in another post and call for his knee to be blown out, too, and I missed it, my apologies. But it would just highlight the double standard at work here: Urlacher is supposed to make overly aggressive/borderline dirty hits like that because he's the next great white hope Bear in the mold of Butkus/Ditka, whereas Harrison is the out of control menace gunning for guys' knees and hoping to end their careers.

Ridiculous, IMO.

Anyone who thinks Harrison isn't a dirty player hasn't been paying attention. I didn't see this play last night so i won't comment on it, but I will comment on the character of the player I see.

He is a dirty player from the word go. I don't have anything against New England at all, nothing. I hated Harrison when he played in San Diego.

Anyone who thinks Harrison isn't a dirty player hasn't been paying attention. I didn't see this play last night so i won't comment on it, but I will comment on the character of the player I see.

He is a dirty player from the word go. I don't have anything against New England at all, nothing. I hated Harrison when he played in San Diego.

952525[/snapback]

Never said that Harrison hasn't been involved in dirty plays before....just think 1. On his hit on the GB player -- the original subject here -- he wasn't intentionally trying to end the guy's career by blowing out his knee; and 2. There's a knee-jerk reaction to borderline hits that automatically, without judge or jury, classify Harrison's as dirty and others' (e.g. Urlacher) as aggressive/hard-nosed. Bigtime double standard.

The facts as as you see them, Hook. And anyone who disagrees with you "simply cannot defend it." :D

952508[/snapback]

Only Pats fans seem to be defending it. :D

Additionally, I find it odd that you never went after Brian Urlacher in these forums after he laid out your very own Colts' TE Dallas Clark on a verrrry questionable/dirty play (for which he was just fined $5,000; Harrison will not be fined). If you did lash out against Urlacher in another post and call for his knee to be blown out, too, and I missed it, my apologies. But it would just highlight the double standard at work here: Urlacher is supposed to make overly aggressive/borderline dirty hits like that because he's the next great white hope Bear in the mold of Butkus/Ditka, whereas Harrison is the out of control menace gunning for guys' knees and hoping to end their careers.

952508[/snapback]

I cannot think of another instance of Urlacher involved in a play like that. Maybe I'm wrong. Harrison's reputation as a dirty player certainly has something to do with it. Harrison cannot be fined for the hit. By the letter of the law, he didn't do anything wrong. Although those who don't call the Pats their home team certainly can disagree.

You've certainly been a lot whinier this year. :D

Never said that Harrison hasn't been involved in dirty plays before....just think 1. On his hit on the GB player -- the original subject here -- he wasn't intentionally trying to end the guy's career by blowing out his knee; and 2. There's a knee-jerk reaction to borderline hits that automatically, without judge or jury, classify Harrison's as dirty and others' (e.g. Urlacher) as aggressive/hard-nosed. Bigtime double standard.

952543[/snapback]

It's not a double standard. Harrison has been fined repeatedly for questionble hits. If you honestly don't think he goes after other player knees, you haven't been paying attention.

1. Either Harrison was coming in low (and illegal) to block Chatham after the interception or

2. He was coming in low and blocking a guy that was falling down and in no position to make a tackle, aiming for his head.

Either way, it was a cheap shot.

Edited by CaptainHook

Captain...go blow your horn somewhere else. This is football and dirty things happen...have you ever been in a pile after a fumble? Didnt think so...furthermore that was a clean hit. Football 101...keep your head up or you will lose it. People get fined everyday in the NFL and things happen very quickly. Harrison plays hard and gives it his all, sometimes it just appears they are dirty hits. For those inexperienced novices like you it might appear dirty.

Captain...go blow your horn somewhere else.  This is football and dirty things happen...have you ever been in a pile after a fumble?  Didnt think so...furthermore that was a clean hit.  Football 101...keep your head up or you will lose it.  People get fined everyday in the NFL and things happen very quickly.  Harrison plays hard and gives it his all, sometimes it just appears they are dirty hits. For those inexperienced novices like you it might appear dirty.

952900[/snapback]

hmmmm, somebody else that doesn't know the rules. . .

listen up...you can spout all you want about rules..but until you realize that playing football at full speed means S#$t happens....get a life and a real QB.

952909[/snapback]

:D

I guess "S#$t" just follows Harrison around.

You were doin' good till you threw Peyton into the mix. What does that have to do with anything?

Edited by CaptainHook

But it would just highlight the double standard at work here: Urlacher is supposed to make overly aggressive/borderline dirty hits like that because he's the next great white hope Bear in the mold of Butkus/Ditka, whereas Harrison is the out of control menace gunning for guys' knees and hoping to end their careers.

Ridiculous, IMO.

952508[/snapback]

Not as ridiculous as your use of the race card.

Are you implying Harrison gets his rep because he is black, and that white players who play the same way are given a pass?

Please, elaborate on this, because that's what is appears to be. :D:D:D

I still think you should just drop the whole harrison thing....he all out style can sometimes reflect has dirty, but its what makes him a great nfl player.  Like I said this aint patty cakes!

952917[/snapback]

Isn't that was a message board is all about? I cannot state enough that this has nothing to do with the Pats. This goes back to Rodney's days with the Chargers. Intentionally trying to hurt players is not what football is about. You get a chance to put a clean lick on somebody, I'm all for it. I understand injuries happen. But when you choose to use "dirty" hits on people, it makes you less of a "great" and more of a "goon".

Edited by CaptainHook

Not as ridiculous as your use of the race card.

Are you implying Harrison gets his rep because he is black, and that white players who play the same way are given a pass?

952922[/snapback]

Urlacher's hit looked worse than it was, IMO. He used his helmet, but caught Dallas more in the chest than in the helmet. Plus, like I said, I can't remember another instance with Urlacher involved in "questionable" hits. I did lay into John Lynch last year in Week 17 for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Clark.

You still arent grasping the point....your assuming that he is intenionally trying to kill people out there.  You applaud a clean hard hit, which could cripple someone..just as easy as a "cheap shot".  The more you say your not biased the less I believe you...

952935[/snapback]

Just watch Rodney play. Look where he hits guys. He will intentionally throw his shoulder into a guys knee when it is unnecessary. He's either doing it intentionally or Satan taught him how to tackle. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Urlacher's hit looked worse than it was, IMO.  He used his helmet, but caught Dallas more in the chest than in the helmet.  Plus, like I said, I can't remember another instance with Urlacher involved in "questionable" hits.  I did lay into John Lynch last year in Week 17 for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Clark.

952934[/snapback]

My question is squarely aimed at msaint....but thanks for your side.

My question is squarely aimed at msaint....but thanks for your side.

952939[/snapback]

:D

Was only comparing Urlacher to Ditka and Butkus in the "tough, corn-fed white boy Chicago Bear" tradition and pointed out that, yes, they're all white, without even remotely thinking of it as a "card" to play. Guess I shouldn't have used the adjective "white," knowing how over-sensitive people are about even the slightest, tangental, no-harm-intended reference to race. Sheesh.

You've certainly been a lot whinier this year.  :D

952880[/snapback]

So now if someone takes an opposing POV from you they're "whiny" too, along with not being able to defend it? I may be whinier this year, Hook, but you've certainly developed quite the omniscient God complex in the offseason. :D

I can't believe this all started because I -- gasp! -- dared to suggest that I didn't think Harrison tried to intentionally end the career of some random Packer during a pre-season game. Amazing. :D

So now if someone takes an opposing POV from you they're "whiny" too, along with not being able to defend it? I may be whinier this year, Hook, but you've certainly developed quite the omniscient God complex in the offseason. :D

953055[/snapback]

whiner :D

Just because I don't feel like there is a justification for Rodney's dirty play, doesn't mean I forbid others to have an opinion. :D They obviously do. Like I said, that's what a message board is all about. I keep checking in on this thread becasue I expect it. Of course you can defend it. But you're not going to change my mind. I've watched Rodney long enough.

Edited by CaptainHook

I can't believe this all started because I -- gasp! -- dared to suggest that I didn't think Harrison tried to intentionally end the career of some random Packer during a pre-season game. Amazing. :D

953055[/snapback]

Like I said, I don't think he was trying to paralize him. But he was trying to hurt him. I can't believe you can't see that he intentionally tries to hurt players, and you see him play every week.

Ask Trent Green. He was voted the dirtiest player by his colleagues a several years ago. He's a cheap-shot artist.

Edited by CaptainHook

Good trash talking guys!! It must be time for football. :D

I hate Harrison....- he's not talented, he's not tough,.....

951059[/snapback]

Ok now you're just wrong.

Edited by major-tom