[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison With Another Hard Hit

Primetime9287

:rolleyes:Guess I shouldn't have used the adjective "white," knowing how over-sensitive people are about even the slightest, tangental, no-harm-intended reference to race. Sheesh.

953046[/snapback]

Ummm, yeah. You used the word and I asked about it without trying to jump to a conclusion and asked for elaboration.

Then you turn it into a swipe at me which reveals a bit about how you're operating.

You dropped the race card, however inadvertently.

And for the record: I'm a white boy off the lake.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whiner :D

Just because I don't feel like there is a justification for Rodney's dirty play, doesn't mean I forbid others to have an opinion. :D  They obviously do.  Like I said, that's what a message board is all about.  I keep checking in on this thread becasue I expect it.  Of course you can defend it.  But you're not going to change my mind.  I've watched Rodney long enough.

953073[/snapback]

Messiah. :D

OK, this is the last time I'll say it and then I'm done with this subject: I did NOT say Harrison wasn't a dirty player; I said that because of his dirty past the knee-jerk reaction -- and justifiably so -- is to label each and every one of his hits as intentional/dirty, and I didn't think the one on Chatman was intentionally dirty. Others also didn't. Some people did. And there it is. OK? OK.

Edited by msaint

OK, this is the last time I'll say it and then I'm done with this subject: I did NOT say Harrison wasn't a dirty player; I said that because of his dirty past the knee-jerk reaction -- and justifiably so -- is to label each and every one of his hits as intentional/dirty, and I didn't think the one on Chatman was intentionally dirty. Others also didn't. Some people did. And there it is. OK? OK.

953150[/snapback]

Oh all right. But what else are we going to talk about for the next two weeks? :D

Ummm, yeah. You used the word and I asked about it without trying to jump to a conclusion and asked for elaboration.

Then you turn it into a swipe at me which reveals a bit about how you're operating.

You dropped the race card, however inadvertently.

And for the record: I'm a white boy off the lake.

953119[/snapback]

"Not as ridiculous as your use of the race card."

Didn't jump to a conclusion? See above. You had already branded my alleged use of a race card as ridiculous before I'd even elaborated. And, FYI, I don't really feel the need to "operate" one way or the other on this board, but thanks for the psychoanalysis. :D

hooker...

you've filled this thread with so much crap spam, I don't know where to begin...:D

>"I'd call it a cheap shot. "

>"hard and unnecessary = cheap"

>"Completely unnecessary for that kind of hit when a simple block would do."

Should Harrison have stopped and called a vote to determine if a hit was necessary, and how hard to make it? Should he decide if a simple block will do, before hitting hard? Have you ever even watched a football game before?

Harrison goes hard on every play until the whistle blows, simple.

>"why do you have to go in that low for a block?"

Uhm...could it be that the target was low?

>"If Chatham had been standing, it would have been a block below the waist, which is illegal on a interception return."

If...If...but he wasn't standing was he? The hit was completely legal. No fine.

>"I've hated Rodney Harrison WELL before he was a Patriot."

Gee...never would have guessed this. When we defend Harrison, we're just 'homers', right? Well, guess that makes you the anti-homer.

>"He is a FANTASTIC safety and one of the best tacklers I have EVER seen."

You finally got one right!

And why do you think that is? Is it because he stops to think about how to make a hit and how hard? Is it because he takes plays off when little is a stake, to save himself for more important plays?

It all comes down to Newton's First Law of Motion (or Galileo's Law of Inertia):

"Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it."

Now, I know you never took a physics course, so I'll explain this law a little bit for you. It means that once in motion, an object will continue is the same motion unless something else causes it to change. Think of cartoons--more your speed. The make-believe characters can make 90 degree turns while running full tilt or stop on a dime. In the real world, that is impossible.

So remember when Harrison gears up for the big hit, he can't just make a left turn to avoid the target, or stop in his tracks, like Wiley Coyote. :D

Edited by skinpig

>"If Chatham had been standing, it would have been a block below the waist, which is illegal on a interception return."

If...If...but he wasn't standing was he? The hit was completely legal. No fine.

954752[/snapback]

seriously, read the whole thread before you start spouting off.

In defense of the hit, several said that Rodney was coming in to block Chatham, but that Chatham slipped and Rodney could not avoid hitting him on the way down.

My point was that IF that was the case, Rodney should not be coming in low in the first place, because that is an illegal block. OR he was aiming for Chatham's head as Chatham was slipping and falling down. You choose. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

people relax.

this is the NFL, this is football.

i played this game 9 years (and i didnt start before 16 to play organized ball) and i know sh1t happens, even if the nicest and most well-meaning guys comes down on you for whatever reason (block, tackle, cover you, you name it).

this is a contact sport, so injuries happen, so that is not the problem either.

the problem is statistics. ask any insurance company, statistics is everything to many people, in many types business.

and harrison is simply over-represented in the page in the book of all time football injuries and their causes. he is also over-represented on the page of "how many doubtful hits do players make over the years".

this "over-representation" leads to many, many people being annoyed by him (and others, may i mention 49ers OL of old, and broncos Oline of just the present, maybe 1-2 years back?), but they cannot put their fingers on a "normal" hit, because, well, its a normal hit.

so its ABSOLUTELY normal that many many people jump in joy to be able to lay some smack or worse at him whenever the slightest chance (doubtful hit) comes to daylight.

i DO think he is an awesome player, who gives it all, and risks his own body also. i also think he loves the game, which goes far in my book in terms of be " a positive figure".

but i would not weep a single tear if his "bad mojo" would come back to haunt him big time. thats not because of one mean hit, its because of his bending the rules to his favor, and making a living out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
Please justify Rodney pulling off Stephen Davis' helmet while he was in a pile now. . .

Another bush league play by a bush league player.

1001190[/snapback]

He wanted the spit to hit him directly in the face and not be deflected by the facemask :D

Please justify Rodney pulling off Stephen Davis' helmet while he was in a pile now. . .

1001190[/snapback]

I just saw this move on TV today. The Rodney Harrison "Dirty Licks" saga continues! I'm with Hook on this one. His long history of "unnecessary roughness" plays dates back to when he was a Bolt. I remember sitting in Qualcomm with my buddies watching him play and all of us guessing when his next infraction would happen. He's a great guy off the field, is involved in alot of charity work, but on the field he lets his emotions get the better of him. He has said so much himself in interviews. You'd think he'd learn to play clean after all his time in the league! :D

Edited by Chargerz

1001190[/snapback]

Settle down. It was hot in Carolina and he saw how much Stephen was sweating, and he wanted to cool him down. I thought it was pretty polite of Rodney, actually.:D

:D

Yeah, totally agree with you on this one. Don't know what the Opraher he was thinking. Bush league play. I winced when he did it, thinking, "Good God, am I going to hear about this one in the Huddle...." :D

:D  It's never cool to be happy when a player gets hurt.  Bad form.

1021802[/snapback]

The damage is already done. It is not life threatening. He's made his money.

...and it seems oh so appropiate for this cheap shot artist to go out in this manner. The league is sure to be a safer place.

The damage is already done.  It is not life threatening.  He's made his money.

...and it seems oh so appropiate for this cheap shot artist to go out in this manner.  The league is sure to be a safer place.

1021826[/snapback]

But if it were, Rodney would be at the top of my list.  He got what he deserved yesterday.

1021847[/snapback]

:D Whatever, guys. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over this, but it never ceases to amaze me how some people will revel in the injury of someone. That's completely uncool in my book.

:D  Whatever, guys.  I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over this, but it never ceases to amaze me how some people will revel in the injury of someone.  That's completely uncool in my book.

1021850[/snapback]

Looks like someone has a case of homeritis. :D

Harrison's a cheap-shot artist punk. He got what he deserved.

Would you get at least some satisfaction if Mike Tyson got in the ring with someone and took a haymaker that broke his jaw?

How about is Lawrence Phillips somehow made it in the NFL and you had his backup. You might not wish for him to be hurt, but if it happened - would it not be one of those 'could not have happened to a nicer guy' items?

Again - I would never wish anything bad upon anyone. But, the damage is already done.

Edited by Duchess Jack