[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison With Another Hard Hit

Primetime9287

:D  It's never cool to be happy when a player gets hurt.  Bad form.

1021802[/snapback]

Wow could I not disagree with this more. I said this last year and I'll say it again:

If I have a guy's back-up on my fantasy team, you can bet your a-ss I'm happy.

My current wish list includes Stephen Davis and Thomas Jones.

Just the way it is. I care about my fantasy team and what's best for those squads.

I know the guy that has Maurice Morris would love to see Alexander go down (who I have). And the guy that's got Larry Johnson would love to see Priest go down.

Man, those high and mighty comments chastizing those who are happy with and in my case, even hope for, injuries to certain players are almost laughable - they really are, 'cause truth be told, I don't believe a single one of them.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D  Whatever, guys.  I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over this, but it never ceases to amaze me how some people will revel in the injury of someone.  That's completely uncool in my book.

1021850[/snapback]

but it's ok when Harrison intentionally hurts others?

I'm sure that if, say, Bob Sanders tore his ACL yesterday, Caveman Nick would be chastising Broncos and Jaguars fans for wishing injury on him.  :D

1021870[/snapback]

Wow, Bill. I don't know what the significance of this reference is, but I do know that I always think it's not worthy of good people to wish harm on someone playing a sport.

I never wished bodily harm on Uday and Qusay Hussein but, IMO, they got what they deseved as well.

1021870[/snapback]

And now you want to compare Rodney Harrison to the Hussein family? :D

That's a stretch worthy of Reid Richards.

I'm sure that if, say, Bob Sanders tore his ACL yesterday, Caveman Nick would be chastising Broncos and Jaguars fans for wishing injury on him.  :D

I never wished bodily harm on Uday and Qusay Hussein but, IMO, they got what they deseved as well.

1021870[/snapback]

I know you were exaggerating to make a point, but comparing a guy who has had some cheapshots in a contact sport to two evil SOB's who tortured, mutilated, killed, and raped thousands of Iraqis is just downright ridiculous, Swerski. :D

Wow, Bill.  I don't know what the significance of this reference is, but I do know that I always think it's not worthy of good people to wish harm on someone playing a sport.

1021880[/snapback]

But it's OK when Harrison takes cheap shots at other players, since he's a Patriot.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

:D  When did I say that?  And when did you get the inside track of the intentions of NFL players?

1021882[/snapback]

Come on. You know it. He's been fined a million times. He's been voted the league's dirtiest player in the past. Everyone knows it. He's a great player, but he's dirty. I'm just surprised it took this long.

But it's OK when Harrison takes cheap shots at other players, since he's a Patriot.

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

1021883[/snapback]

Again, when did I say that? I don't think I've ever said anything about a Harrison hit other than 'That did not look like he was intending to injure a player to me' or some such thing. And then I was referring to individual plays. I don't like when I see Rodney Harrison dive like a spear, helmet first into another player.

At the same time, I don't think you could find a post on this site in which I chastized the conduct of a player because I thought he was intending to injure another. I would challenge anyone to find such, or anything relating to any player where I did not hold the same 'It's uncool to wish injury on a football player' opinion.

Call me a homer and a hypocryte. I am just being consistent. I don't think name calling is justified, but if it makes you feel better...

Come on.  You know it.  He's been fined a million times.  He's been voted the league's dirtiest player in the past.  Everyone knows it.  He's a great player, but he's dirty.  I'm just surprised it took this long.

1021890[/snapback]

But that doesn't mean that the hit that this thread was started over was an intent to injure, and every replay I have seen has shown a good clean hit.

Many players play dirty. I used to revile Bill Romanowski, even though he was an ex BC guy. I never wished he would get hurt, though.

Not being heartbroken over a cheapshot artist getting a little payback I can almost see. Wishing for injuries to a guy because you have his back up is weak. Remember almost all of us were football fans before we became fantasy football fans. I want to see a great NFL . Not all the studs hurt and the fantasy guys happy because they get to start Lionel Gates..

edit to add: by payback Im not saying yesterdays hit on Harrison was dirty

Edited by whomper

But that doesn't mean that the hit that this thread was started over was an intent to injure, and every replay I have seen has shown a good clean hit.

Many players play dirty.  I used to revile Bill Romanowski, even though he was an ex BC guy.  I never wished he would get hurt, though.

1021898[/snapback]

Now come on. This is not about the hit that started this thread. This is about Harrison's entire career. If you don't think he intentionally hits people late, goes for people's knees, and tries to injure guys, your blind. I don't sit in my living room wishing Tom Brady would break his leg. I didn't wish that Bruschi had a stroke. I don't wish injuries on Matt Light.

But Rodney is different. A cheap shot artist deserves it.

Here's the latest from Rotoworld, FYI:

According to the Boston Globe, an unnamed Patriots player said ''I would be surprised if he plays again this season'' in regard to safety Rodney Harrison's knee injury. ''You're disappointed,'' Tom Brady said. ''You see him out there and he's kind of squirming around and you know it's bad because he's always a guy who pops up and runs off the field. It's tough. He's a team leader, one of the best players in the league.''

Again, when did I say that?

1021893[/snapback]

You're in complete denial about Harrison being a dirty player. You give him a free pass when he intentionally tries to injure other players, but you ridicule people here who cheer when he blows out his knee. That's hypocricy.

Call me a homer and a hypocryte.

You are both. Then again, I wouldn't have bothered to point it out if you wouldn't have started with the holier-than-thou posts.

Here's the latest from Rotoworld, FYI:

According to the Boston Globe, an unnamed Patriots player said ''I would be surprised if he plays again this season'' in regard to safety Rodney Harrison's knee injury. ''You're disappointed,'' Tom Brady said. ''You see him out there and he's kind of squirming around and you know it's bad because he's always a guy who pops up and runs off the field. It's tough. He's a team leader, one of the best and dirtiest players in the league.''

1021915[/snapback]

fixed

I don't sit in my living room wishing Tom Brady would break his leg.  I didn't wish that Bruschi had a stroke.  I don't wish injuries on Matt Light.

But Rodney is different.  A cheap shot artist deserves it.

1021912[/snapback]

Agreed with this. There are many Pats players who I seriously respect: Brady, Vrabel, Seymour, etc.

But Harrison's a jerk. He's the SS incarnation of Bill Romanowski.