[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison With Another Hard Hit

Primetime9287

Now come on.  This is not about the hit that started this thread. 

1021912[/snapback]

My point is more that people fly off the handle anytime Harrison is near a play where someone gets hurt and call the hit dirty with intention to hurt.

Has the guy leveled many questionable if not downright dirty hits in his career? Yup. Does that make every play he's in a dirty hit? Not at all. And yet every time the 'Harrison is a cheap shot artist' posts crop up.

Whatever. To each his own. The Karma gods will deal with it.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I wouldn't shed a tear if Vanderjagt tore his hamstring next week.  He doesn't injure other players, but he's a jerk as well.

1021933[/snapback]

there's a difference between being a jerk and a cheap-shot artist. The NFL is full of jerks. I don't wish injury on them.

In all honesty, I like hard-nosed, physical football. I think Harrison has made some nasty cheap shots. I also think he gets looked at under a magnifying glass because of his "cheap" player reputation. I have seen a few of his cheap shots, he is not one of my favorite players as far as classiness, but I do admire his abilities and leadership on the field. There are guys in this league that I truly can't stand, such as Terrell Owens, but I have and never will wish serious injury upon ANYONE. I am not demeaning those that do, it just isn't in me to do that. I played college ball, and saw some serious injuries, and because of that, I just can't revel in someone else's injury.

I still remember years ago, when people were claiming that Hines Ward was a dirty player, which was laughable. He was called dirty, because he did what most receivers don't, he blocked until the whistle was blown, every second, of every play.

You're in complete denial about Harrison being a dirty player.  You give him a free pass when he intentionally tries to injure other players, but you ridicule people here who cheer when he blows out his knee.  That's hypocricy.

You are both.  Then again, I wouldn't have bothered to point it out if you wouldn't have started with the holier-than-thou posts.

1021917[/snapback]

That's just pure BS. Please dig up the part where I gave him a free pass when he intentionally tried to hurt someone. I'll be waiting.

In the meanwhile I'll hang out with my holier than thou self and not be hoping that other people get hurt.

there's a difference between being a jerk and a cheap-shot artist.  The NFL is full of jerks. I don't wish injury on them.

1021936[/snapback]

I don't WISH injury on Vanderjagt, either. Hell, he's a Colt AND one of the most prolific kickers in NFL history.

But, like I said, I wouldn't feel bad if he went down with an injury. That doesn't mean that I actively WISH it on him, though. The same applies to Harrison.

That's just pure BS.  Please dig up the part where I gave him a free pass when he intentionally tried to hurt someone.  I'll be waiting.

1021943[/snapback]

You can't defend a cheap shot artist (who has been fined by the NFL several times) and then turn around and criticize those who say "Horray!" when Rodney blows his knee out. IIRC, nobody at The Huddle has intentionally injured an NFL player. Despite what you believe, you're NOT being consistent.

You can't defend a cheap shot artist (who has been fined by the NFL several times) and then turn around and criticize those who say "Horray!" when Rodney blows his knee out.  IIRC, nobody at The Huddle has intentionally injured an NFL player.  Despite what you believe, you're NOT being consistent.

1021954[/snapback]

Again, when you find where I defended Harrision after a dirty, maiming hit I will admit hypocrisy. I don't believe I have done so.

if I was out there blowing out people's knees and cheap shotting people, sure.

1021927[/snapback]

I will admit Rodney likes to lead with his forarm, sometimes while leaving his feet, jumping on a pile, etc.

However, Hook, you keep throwing out these intentionally blowing out people's knees comments. I am curious to see who exactly Rodney has injured intentially/cheaply since he has been with the Pats. Is there a record who has caused the most serious injuries, as a defensive player? If there is, I bet Roy Williams is leading.

If you are going to be this outspoken, use some facts instead of your blatant dislike for the guy.

Edited by charty

Again, when you find where I defended Harrision after a dirty, maiming hit I will admit hypocrisy.  I don't believe I have done so.

1021957[/snapback]

You're a hypocrite by chastising the Huddlers who said that Rodney was a victim of bad Karma.

Rodney's a cheap shot jacka$$ who intentionally attempts to HURT players on the field. How that compares to saying "Horray!" is inexplicable. Pointing fingers out of frustration doesn't exactly reflect well on you, either.

I will admit Rodney likes to lead with his forarm, sometimes while leaving his feet, jumping on a pile, etc.

However, Hook, you keep throwing out these intentionally blowing out people's knees comments.  I am curious to see who exactly Rodney has injured intentially/cheaply since he has been with the Pats.  Is there a record who has caused the most serious injuries, as a defensive player?  If there is, I bet Roy Williams is leading.

If you are going to be this outspoken, use some facts instead of your blatant dislike for the guy.

1021963[/snapback]

Trent Green

why does it have to be with the Patriots? He's been a cheap shot artist his whole career.

Just as I expected, Thanks.

1022034[/snapback]

what about the hit in the pre-season that started this thread?

or how 'bout the clothesline in week 1?

or tearing Davis helmet off in the pile in week 2?

Geez, that's just in the last month. . .but that's just Rodney playing hard, right? :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Boston and its fans have been spoiled like the yanks and their fans for too long. Its been 10 yrs since Dallas went to a Superbowl, and I can tell you this, I took it for granted when they went 3 times in 4 yrs. Boston hadnt won a WS in like 100 yrs and the Pats ever until 4 yrs ago, and now they are the cockiest, lil man sydrome fans out there. The Yanks fans are twice as bad.

Why is it that if you call out rodney harrison for taking a cheap shot, its taking a shot at your team. But you guys can call out your own, Giambi when hes struggling, and now go right back to lovin the guy as if you were behind him all the way. Or Nomar who you guys loved until he left and spoke his mind, and then all hell breaks loose.

Some would argue that New Englanders were cocky before  :D

1022772[/snapback]

I actually had a good time with the Red Sox fans this year when I went to Fenway with all my Yankee gear on. I was pleasantly surprised and a few even bought drinks for me. However, I still had the Red Sox!

And who's the hypocrite here? If he played for your team, you'd love him and you know it.

1021911[/snapback]

Um, no I wouldn't. Harrison's a great player, but I don't respect him at all.

On the other hand, I have A LOT of respect for guys like Brady and Vrabel, both of whom play for a team that I don't like.

Boston and its fans have been spoiled like the yanks and their fans for too long.

Why is it that if you call out rodney harrison for taking a cheap shot, its taking a shot at your team.

1022640[/snapback]

And they wonder where the stereotype comes from... :D

I actually had a good time with the Red Sox fans this year when I went to Fenway with all my Yankee gear on. I was pleasantly surprised and a few even bought drinks for me. However, I still had the Red Sox!

1022792[/snapback]

I went to a Red Sox/White Sox game in Chicago last year and at least half of the BoSox fans around me behaved like complete donkeyes. I was quite surprised, given that the two teams aren't even rivals. Maybe it's something in the water over there. I don't ever see Cardinals fans acting like that at Wrigley Field.