[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portfolio Pool

Easy n Dirty

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-4, not good.

Given the way the teams were priced, seems to make sense that an average score at year end would be about 50 wins, maybe 49 since many entries did not spend the full $500. So I would think that on a weekly basis, a decent threshhold to meaure yourself against would be about 3 wins per week as a roughly "average" score...maybe slightly higher in the opening and clising weeks, and slightly lower in the middle weeks when the byes take place.

ok, finally updated with the monday night game.

also added a 2nd htm page of it.

less load time, less "microjunk" due to not exporting excel to htm, but also less cute looks, no links, a bit less viewability.

http://www.zijlstra.at/portfolio.htm

for the larger but cuter version

http://www.zijlstra.at/portfolio2.htm

for the smaller version

enjoy

updates on both versions will be done today when i get home.

past week 5 (4+ games for every team) i will put in prognosis charts.

i need input on what numbers i should base the formulae?

win %?

score differentials?

win/loss ration of schedule thrown against the win/loss ratio of the team?

some help there please

As far as prognosis I'd like to see a "best potential final score". For example, after tonight's game I'll have 8 correct with 14 weeks left. I also have 6 teams. So 14 X 6 = 84 + 8 = 92 as a best potential final score. As the weeks og on this will become probably the best indication of who still has a shot left at winning.

Also, would it be possible to sort the grid alphabetically by huddle name? It's a real beotch to hunt down my stuff all the time. :D

i will see about the sorting thing, but i doubt i will manage that.

problem is that while it would be no problem to sort the names, one has to sort the added data to that name too, and this blocks of text/data do vary since people have 5-8 (9?) teams, which makes their data-set diffferent.

but we will see...., i work on that

and i see your point in using a formulae based on our games data, and i will see how this might work, but we DO live off real NFL scores, so i am still working to find a prognosis way based on the real teams scores/chances, although it might be even tougher to do

update for the 2 monday games when i get home

thats true billay, but then should I take the schedule ahead also into account?

something like (team A win ration thru 4 games)*4 +/- (upcoming 12 opponents win ratio below/above .500)

example: a 2-2 team thru 4 weeks has 12 oppos to go, and those have only accumulated 16 wins is bound to do better then .500 over the season (24 wins would be a 0.500 schedule across the board after 4 weeks for 12 teams).

whatever, its just a little mind game i play with myself, my logic and excel skills. dont get bothered too much :D

Edited by Zia

thats true billay, but then should I take the schedule ahead also into account?

something like (team A win ration thru 4 games)*4 +/- (upcoming 12 opponents win ratio below/above .500)

example: a 2-2 team thru 4 weeks has 12 oppos to go, and those have only accumulated 16 wins is bound to do better then .500 over the season (24 wins would be a 0.500 schedule across the board after 4 weeks for 12 teams).

whatever, its just a little mind game i play with myself, my logic and excel skills. dont get bothered too much :D

1007222[/snapback]

isnt the purpose to get the most wins (regardless of win/loss ratio) by the end of the season? hence some teams decided to go with quanitity (over quality).