[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Old School WWF

whomper

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorites were Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Hillbilly Jim, and George "The Animal" Steele ("Elidabeth!").  I still have the Rubber figurines of the first two, but I have lost Hillbilly Jim's hat!

1361139[/snapback]

I remember when they introduced Hillbilly Jim although I can't remember who "brought" him in. Was it Hogan? Wasn't there another guy similar to Jim?

My favorites were Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Hillbilly Jim, and George "The Animal" Steele ("Elidabeth!").  I still have the Rubber figurines of the first two, but I have lost Hillbilly Jim's hat!

1361139[/snapback]

I think Steamboat was my favorite along with MachoMan Savage.

RIP Elizabeth.

Edited by chiefjay

I remember when they introduced Hillbilly Jim although I can't remember who "brought" him in.  Was it Hogan?  Wasn't there another guy similar to Jim?

1361163[/snapback]

He was actually in the audience at the time of his 'introduction' to wrestling. I can't remember the specific details, but I think one of the wrestlers was teasing/provoking him til he got up and went after him.

He was actually in the audience at the time of his 'introduction' to wrestling. I can't remember the specific details, but I think one of the wrestlers was teasing/provoking him til he got up and went after him.

1361210[/snapback]

Yep, I remember now and he was pretty shy at first too.

What a setup. Classic.

1361210[/snapback]

I remember they also did that with "Earthquake". I think a wrestler in the ring challenged anyone from the crowd and this huge S.O.B. got up out of the crowd and beat his ass.

i wonder if kids today would know who Hunter Hearst Helmsley(sp?) was/is

1362025[/snapback]

You mean the man formerly know as Terra Ryzin and Jean-Paul Levesque back when he was in WCW?

Who else remember Shiek Adnan El Kasi (sp?). I know there's some other old time AWA fans here.

I hated Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff & Honky Tonk Man- what a tool he was.

I LOVED WWF as a kid (probably 12-13 yrs. old)- went to the local shows at The Spectrum in Philly- used to rent the "best of" videos from the video store, bought the magazines-you name it.

I got into the NWA that they used to show on TBS somewhat, but WWF always ruled for me- NWA favorites- The 4 Horsemen, Road Warriors

Anyone mention.......

The Magnificent Muraco?

Cowboy Bob Orton?

The Weasel Bobby The Brain Heenan?

Classy Freddie Blassy?

mentioned this tag team-? Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart (partner of Breet "The Hitman" Hart of course)-managed by "The Mouth of The South-Jimmy Hart

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

Road Warriors

1362785[/snapback]

Road Warriors were pretty darn cool and scarry looking. I just read that one of their sons plays D1 football; I think he's pretty good too.

I LOVED WWF as a kid (probably 12-13 yrs. old)- went to the local shows at The Spectrum in Philly- used to rent the "best of" videos from the video store, bought the magazines-you name it.

I got into the NWA that they used to show on TBS somewhat, but WWF always ruled for me- NWA favorites- The 4 Horsemen, Road Warriors

Anyone mention.......

The Magnificent Muraco?

Cowboy Bob Orton?

The Weasel Bobby The Brain Heenan?

Classy Freddie Blassy?

mentioned this tag team-?  Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart (partner of Breet "The Hitman" Hart of course)-managed by "The Mouth of The South-Jimmy Hart

Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

1362785[/snapback]

Everyone but Muraco was mentioned. :D Marauders for remembering him. He always had snot and drool hanging off him. :D

Can't remember his Mgr. though? Albano? The Grand Wizard?

i loved don murrocco with his hawian hammer ..used rant and rave and spit while being interviewed

i remember killer Khan , over 7 ft tall

Big John Studd ( and when he cut Andre the Giant's hair )

Rocky Johnson ( the Rock's dad ) with the white shiny boots

good stuff

Wow this thread is taking me wayyyyy back. I used to like wrestling as a kid.

Who was the guy that had the black arm band that covered his forearm. All I remember is he would lose every match?

I used to like watching the original 4 Horseman. Arn and Olie (sp?) Anderson, Flair, and Tully Blanchard back in the NWA days.

Who was the guy that had the black arm band that covered his forearm. All I remember is he would lose every match?

1363425[/snapback]

Iron Mike Sharpe. , According to Gorilla Monsoon, Sharpe must have been the slowest person to heal from an arm injury in all of history. :D

Man. do I miss hearing Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan call a match. :D

Same with the "Dean" Gordon Solie.

Iron Mike Sharpe.  , According to Gorilla Monsoon, Sharpe must have been the slowest person to heal from an arm injury in all of history.  :D

Man. do I miss hearing Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan call a match.  :D

Same with the "Dean" Gordon Solie.

1363646[/snapback]

:D:D I never thought I would hear that name again..Just like The unpredictable Johnny Rodz

Just announced for Wrestlemania this year, that Vern Gagne is going to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, along with Mean Gene Okerlund, Sherri Martel, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, and Eddie Guerrero.

Of that list, the first 3 were all AWA stars before they went to the WWF.