whomper

Old School WWF

Me and a friend were talking the other day and started cracking up thinking about how when we were kids we loved the old school WWF. Roddy Piper , Snuka, Andre the Giant etc. Anyone else into it back in the day ?

Edited by whomper

I was all over that. Koko B. Ware, JYD, Brutus the Barber Beefcake. If the WWF came anywhere remitely near our town, I had to be there.

Oh, and remember the Saturday Night Main Events that came on every once in a while instead of SNL?

Good times.

What about the tag teams?..The Strongbows..Mr Fuji and Mr Sieto :D

A colleague sat next to the Iron Sheik on a plane last year. All the guy did the whole flight is complain about Hulk Hogan and try to sell my co-worker stuff. Kind of sad.

A colleague sat next to the Iron Sheik on a plane last year.  All the guy did the whole flight is complain about Hulk Hogan and try to sell my co-worker stuff.  Kind of sad.

956644[/snapback]

The best was when he used to call Mean Gene..Gene mean

Dude,

I was at Wrestlmania 3 at the Silverdome.

93k fans reportedly. Indoors.

It was crazy.

My favorites were the Von Erics. I also like the JYD, because he was just funny.

Fun topic. This is old school.

I was once eating at a Bonanza steak house chain. Who is eating at the table next to me?

Arnold Scholend (sp?), Johnnie Rodz, and Bob Backlund. Arnie was Backlund's manager at the time, and the mgr. of the once great Bruno Sammartino. :D

Some friends of mine got thrown into a wall by the Valiant Bros. - Jimmy and Johnny. The Grand Wizard was nowhere to be found.

Dean Ho was the weak link in the Ho/Strongbow tag team. So was Tony Garrea.

Fred Blassie was my idol. :D

Guest aqualung

Old School for me were:

Bruno Sam Martino

Jumping Johnnie DeFazio

Chief White Owl

Cowboy Coppas

Professor Tanaka

:D:D:D

Pipers pit when he broke the coconut over snukas head was classic..Bob Bachlund was champ for a while. Rocky Johnson (The Rocks Father) George the animal Steele, Big John Stud..I went to every event they had at Madison square Garden

Fun topic. This is old school.

I was once eating at a Bonanza steak house chain. Who is eating at the table next to me?

Arnold Scholend (sp?), Johnnie Rodz, and Bob Backlund. Arnie was Backlund's manager at the time, and the mgr. of the once great Bruno Sammartino.  :D

Some friends of mine got thrown into a wall by the Valiant Bros. - Jimmy and Johnny. The Grand Wizard was nowhere to be found.

Dean Ho was the weak link in the Ho/Strongbow tag team. So was Tony Garrea.

Fred Blassie was my idol.  :D

956673[/snapback]

:D The unpredictable Johnny Rodz

How bout Sal Bellomo..My father used to take me to the events and he liked Bellomo because he was Italian..

Edited by whomper

I used to love the JYD and the Moon Dogs, Hulkster had to be my all time fav before Undertaker. My son just went to the PPV at the MCI Center last Sunday night and he also went to 1 in Baltimore and Frederick MD this summer. He is very into it. Road Warriors had to be my alltime favorite tagteam, along with the Midnight Express. I hated Jim Cornett with a passion. I took a piss in the stall next to Greg the Hammer Valentine one night at a Howard Johnsons in VA, said some stupid shucks cuz I was drunk too...:D

Pipers pit when he broke the coconut over snukas head was classic..Bob Bachlund was champ for a while. Rocky Johnson (The Rocks Father) George the animal Steele, Big John Stud..I went to every event they had at Madison square Garden

956675[/snapback]

I was at the Captial Center in Largo MD when the Greaseman tried to body Slam Big John Studd

Edited by T_bone65

What about the moves the guys were famous for..Hogans leg drop, SGt. Slaughters cobra clutch. The sleeper. Superfly off the top rope.

and the always popular abdominal stretch

What about the moves the guys were famous for..Hogans leg drop, SGt. Slaughters cobra clutch. The sleeper. Superfly off the top rope.

and the always popular abdominal stretch

956695[/snapback]

The Claw was one to wasn't it? the Road Warriors had the most awesome move though I think. Can't remember the name of it but it was badass. The figure four leg lock was another classic.

Edited by T_bone65

S.D Jones had that stab wound in his back. Tito Santana intercontinental champion.

If I remember, the claw was best know for use by two wrestlers. Baron Von Raske and Black Jack Lanza. I'm pretty sure both used it on the forehead and abdomen. For some reason I think I'm missing another who used the claw. :D

What about Stan The Man's heart punch! :D

Jeeze................my memories of wrestling pre-date WWF. Names:

Dick the Bruiser My fave!

The Crusher (DtB's cousin)

Moose Cholak

Buddy Rogers

Bobby Heenan

Baron Von Rashcke

Ernie Ladd

:D

Stan Staziak (patented heart punch)

The Samoans, seka & ??tika??

George the animal steel :D

Check out lucha libre on the spanish channel it's a riot, the costumes are hilarious.

King Kong Bundy

Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart

Jesse Venture

Randy Savage

Bobby Heenan

Billy Jack Haynes

Nicolai Volkoff

Don Muraco

Jake Roberts

Tiger Chung Lee

If I remember, the claw was best know for use by two wrestlers. Baron Von Raske and Black Jack Lanza. I'm pretty sure both used it on the forehead and abdomen. For some reason I think I'm missing another who used the claw.  :D

What about Stan The Man's heart punch! :D

956702[/snapback]

Stan Staziak (patented heart punch)

The Samoans, seka & ??tika??

George the animal steel :D

Check out lucha libre on the spanish channel it's a riot, the costumes are hilarious.

956708[/snapback]

Afa and Seka