[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Brooks

cliaz

Anyone think he would be a decent start in a 12 team league?

I've never been a huge fan of him myself but anyone else here use him in the past and made it into the playoffs?

He has looked great in "camp" and in the preseason so-so, so i'm wondering if with Horn and Deuce he can finally make something happen.

I had him as my starter in two leagues last year and made the playoffs in both. However, all season I was wanting more from my starting QB. I made trades and FA moves constantly trying to upgrade the position. Brooks provided consistently mediocre production, but never had that huge game to carry the team for a week.

So if you understand what your getting from him and accept it, he's a decent starter... cause you can get him late after loading up on other positions.

Had him last year as my starter, took me to the playoffs...  A magizine that I read had him ranked (mathemetically) as the most consistent quarterback in the league.

956909[/snapback]

Good info here. If you are able to draft soundly around him and accept what he brings to the team you can go far with him. He isnt Manning or Culpepper, however.

He is a very underrated starting FF QB. His value is pretty low and there is no shortage of folks who just won't draft the guy. So he makes a great late starting QB pick up that can usually be had in the middle rounds. I found him at 9.1 (12 teams) as a back up, which I thought was plain silly. There's no reason to reach for the guy, though.

A magizine that I read had him ranked (mathemetically) as the most consistent quarterback in the league.

956909[/snapback]

Wow, what magazine was that??? Consistent total production from year to year maybe. From week to week, not so much.

I have been able to grab him in late rounds the last few years so his real value is the value you pick up at other positions.  If you are stealing value elsewhere, he's worth it.

957121[/snapback]

I think you hit the nail right on the head here. I seemingly end up with him as my starting QB in at least one league every year for this reason...he has excellent value considering how late you can usually draft him.

I drafted him in the 11th round of a ten team league draft. I also took Plummer and Palmer in the 13 and 14th rounds (I believe). If you platoon a few guys and guess right each week it is possible to have, at year end, the same type of production at the QB position as Manning or Culpepper will give you

you. It is harder and with more risk of course since you have to make a choice each week but you are using very late picks for the QB position, which should make you stronger elsewhere. I will never understand the need to draft a QB early, unless you do not want to pull your hair out every week choosing between three average players, hoping one is Manning/C-Pep like each week. what fun!

#9 in Huddle's consistency rankings at 63% of games with either 300 yards or 2Tds. Behind him here, but ahead of him on draft day/night are: Vick (33%), Collins (43%), McNabb (53%), Bulger (57%), Brees (60%).

For a point of reference... Kyle Boller came in at a consistent(ly bad) 25%.

I think most people hereabouts realize Brooks is what he is - ends up solid end of the year, puts up good numbers, might kill you a week or two, but a guy that CAN be plugged in at QB on a decent team and give you decent points week-to-week.

Won a title with him last year, tried to get rid of him this year.

I don't know froma fantasy standpoint, but if you ever watched him play a game the word "consistent" would never come in the same sentence as his name.

958361[/snapback]

I have to agree. If he didn't have to think he would be an elite QB!

Wow, what magazine was that???  Consistent total production from year to year maybe.  From week to week, not so much.

957039[/snapback]

Definitly year to year... I have had him in a keeper league the past two years and he took me to the playoffs last year or was that Shaun Alexander and Curtis Martin? Either way I made it there. He Definitly is a QB that a lot of people shy away from and many are able to pick up in late rounds.

I did keep him again for this year in my keeper league BUT I did draft Marc Bulger in the 5th round... Brooks is my backup

Well, as long as he remembers that he hasd to throw the ball forward, he should be OK. I mean, you have to look at the fact that Joe Horn was one of the top 5 receivers last year, and he didn't throw the ball to himself. Not only that, but I don't think they've done much to shore up that defense, so Brooks will still have plenty of opportunities to throw. He'll frustrate the hell out of you when he has his brain fart moments, but you could certainly do worse...

I’ll not soon forget how he was laughing last year on the sidelines when the team was behind by a ton (can’t remember which game). I took him tonight with Brees and Warner for a spot start amongst the three until it irons out. So, since I have him, he kicks ass.

lets look at it by the numbers:

is he a top 14 QB?

no!

so he should not be a fantasy starter.

period.

Manning

Culpepper

McNabb

Green

Favre

Bulger

Brady

Plummer

Delhomme

Brees

Vick

Palmer

Hasselbeck

McNair (ok, debate here, but then not too many leagues have 14 teams).

so whats the point?

lets look at it by the numbers:

is he a top 14 QB?

no!

so he should not be a fantasy starter.

period.

Manning

Culpepper

McNabb

Green

Favre

Bulger

Brady

Plummer

Delhomme

Brees

Vick

Palmer

Hasselbeck

McNair (ok, debate here, but then not too many leagues have 14 teams).

so whats the point?

958839[/snapback]

"Lets look at it by the numbers?" Well, what numbers are you looking at? Brooks' numbers are always better than Vicks. Every year. Period. And other than one year, the same can be said of Brees, Delhomme, McNair, and Plummer too. And Palmer has not thrown for 20 TDs in a season yet. Guess you'd better check those numbers again. :D