[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Panther RB ?'s

PantherDave

Foster certainly did tear it up down the stretch in the '03 season. But the dude's made of glass. He reminds me of a slightly more talented Tim Biakabutuka. No doubt they'll release him next year, unless he can play at least 14 game this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went after either Edge or Alexander next year, especially considering how much Fox likes to run the ball.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!!  Is that what you resort to when you're wrong?!  :D

961267[/snapback]

where is the post my friend. i know i saw it. i wouldn't have went off on you if i didn't see it. it was between your blah, blah, blah post and your first post saying i'm just propping people i drafted. i know i saw it. what happened to it?? did you pull a corky jr??? i'm not one to go off on a rant on someone without feeling i was ranted on first. i'm not like that. i would have kept it proffessional. as soon as someone goes out of there way to insult me, calling me a crybaby, i take my gloves off then. deleting a post to make you look better, truly sad and pathetic. i wish i would have quoted it so we could still see it. nice try though sparky.

where is the post my friend.  i know i saw it.  i wouldn't have went off on you if i didn't see it.  it was between your blah, blah, blah post and your first post saying i'm just propping people i drafted.  i know i saw it.  what happened to it??  did you pull a corky jr???  i'm not one to go off on a rant on someone without feeling i was ranted on first.  i'm not like that.  i would have kept it  proffessional.  as soon as someone goes out of there way to insult me, calling me a crybaby, i take my gloves off then.  deleting a post to make you look better, truly sad and pathetic.  i wish i would have quoted it so we could still see it.  nice try though sparky.

961295[/snapback]

I have seen both of you guys post on the Message Boards very often and I respect both of you guys.... your little feud seems a little silly when you think about the tragedy that is going on down in MS and New Orleans....

You guys should just drop your name calling and add constructive content in the various things that you can add to the board... Don't beat on each other and let this go..... :D

I have seen both of you guys post on the Message Boards very often and I respect both of you guys.... your little feud seems a little silly when you think about the tragedy that is going on down in MS and New Orleans....

You guys should just drop your name calling and add constructive content in the various things that you can add to the board...  Don't beat on each other and let this go.....  :D

961308[/snapback]

Problem solved...

You have chosen to ignore crispirons. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder crispirons

Oh, and I'm supposed to believe you?  :D

You made the accusation, so the burden of proof is on you.

961310[/snapback]

lol...is that your comeback??? ok o.j. wheres that glove anyway?

i have decided, just so all huddlers know, that swerski is right. i have dropped foster and benson from both of my teams since neither will be able to beat out the competition for the starting spot.

sac called me out and said i didn't have anything but "wishful thinking" and had no facts  about davis being done.  then i went and got all those clips i read.  he told me he was just busting my balls. 

960021[/snapback]

.  sac called me out and said i didn't have anything but "wishful thinking" and had no facts  about davis being done.  then i went and got all those clips i read.  he told me he was just busting my balls. 

960021[/snapback]

just to clarify:

The great things about thehuddle

1) People who are able to attend camp or read their local papers where they report the psychological condition of the O-line, the marital status of the QBs, and how the rookies are doing. And bring us the information here that we would not get otherwise

2) people who support their rankings of players through logical arguments, and facts.

Crisp clearly did the latter, and is also most definitely backing his arguments (ie should Foster turn out to be a bust more than a few huddlers will be bumping this thread throughout the season :D )

Either way, i think huddlers actually making up their minds and talking about it, is a good thing. so although I chose to :D crispirons, I do so with the utmost respect :D

:D:D:D

BTW crisp

Here are the projected stats for Carolina by dmd:

Foster TYDS 1060 TD6

Shelton TYDS 530 TD4

Davis TYDS 460 TD2

Assuming that DMD was right on the money in amount of yards and TDs (2050/12)

would you still distribute it that way?

I would probably do foster 925 yds/ 4 tds

davis 750/6

shelton 375/2

On the assumption that SD can actually play. which is not a given by any stretch of the imagination. Also should Shelton be as raw as is originally credited, remember that Foster's numbers are so low based on the assumption that he will be giving up yards and TDs to both Shelton and Davis. Should Davis not be able to play, and should Shelton not be NFL ready, Foster's numbers could jump significantly.

sac, you know me. you know i'll be the first f o c ker here saying i was wrong. i've had to endure that with anthony thomas,(second yr on the bears after he had a good rook campaign) when i propped him. i had to endure it with travis henry as well. on my behalf, i will guarantee i was the first person with dom davis on a roster of any sort. (fusion rookie draft) i also went out on a limb with julius jones last yr. actually, that hurt me most of the season until he got into the lineup. i also propped michael clayton pretty hard last yr too. i think he did alright. :D

also: i am already eating Athenae with tatum this yr. hugh blunder on my part.

So, it's an insult to compare Jones, who has actually had some success in the NFL, to a back who has done absolutely nothing in the pros?  Please...   :D

961206[/snapback]

Where did Thomas Jones have success in the NFL? :D

Was he so successful that he had a 1000 yard season... ever?

Did he so impress coaches that they didn't draft a RB to replace him... repeatedly?

How many times did he get awarded the starting job, only to lose it by week 3? Will this be the 3rd time that has happened? I think so.

Thomas Jones is a bust, and only on the pathetic Bears could he ever have held a starting job for an entire year. And even they decided that replacing him was their top priority in the draft.

Until Benson loses the starting job to Pittman 3 times, breaks his hand answering a phone, or Chicago drafts a rookie to replace him... he is by default better than Capt. Bustaroo.

Edited by AtomicCEO

Where did Thomas Jones have success in the NFL?  :D

Was he so successful that he had a 1000 yard season... ever?

Did he so impress coaches that they didn't draft a RB to replace him... repeatedly?

How many times did he get awarded the starting job, only to lose it by week 3?  Will this be the 3rd time that has happened?  I think so.

Thomas Jones is a bust, and only on the pathetic Bears could he ever have held a starting job for an entire year.  And even they decided that replacing him was their top priority in the draft.

Until Benson loses the starting job to Pittman 3 times, breaks his hand answering a phone, or Chicago drafts a rookie to replace him... he is by default better than Capt. Bustaroo.

961412[/snapback]

Jones proved last season that he's effective both between the tackles and as a receiver. Anyone who could put up 4.0 yds/carry and haul in 56 receptions in the horrible '04 Bears offense is pretty decent. Once he was out of the RB hell of Arizona, his yds/carry skyrocketed (4.6 and 4.0 in '03 and '04, respectively). The only thing that's going to keep him as a second-stringer is the fact that he has difficulty playing a full season. He's talented and can get the job done, but he lacks durability. I wouldn't call him a "bust," but the "injury-prone" label definitely applies and will probably keep him from being a featured back.

Nor would I immediately assume that Benson is any better. What has Benson accomplished in the NFL so far? Besides the obnoxiously-long holdout, the childish move of putting up his Chicago-area home for sale and moving his cars back to Texas, and crying at the draft?

In the long run, I believe that Benson will probably be a better NFL halfback than Jones. However, he hasn't done jack in the NFL at this point. He's an unproven rookie who has shown nothing on the field and has acted like a childish headcase off of it. He could be the next Walter Payton... or he could be the next Lawrence Phillips.

BTW, Angelo's decision to draft Benson with the #4 pick this year is more reflective of his incompetence than Jones' alleged ineffectiveness. Just look at their depth chart under "QB." :doah:

Edited by Bill Swerski

In the long run, I believe that Benson will probably be a better NFL halfback than Jones.  However, he hasn't done jack in the NFL at this point. 

961449[/snapback]

Neither has Jones. Despite what you perceive as "effectiveness"... he's not good. The only time he has averaged over 4.0 ypc was as a change of pace back, which inflates statistics for everyone (except D. Foster, it seems :D).

What Benson has over Jones is that he hasn't proved that he is ineffective yet.

In the long run, I believe that Benson will probably be a better NFL halfback than Jones.  However, he hasn't done jack in the NFL at this point.  He's an unproven rookie who has shown nothing on the field and has acted like a childish headcase off of it.  He could be the next Walter Payton... or he could be the next Lawrence Phillips.

BTW, Angelo's decision to draft Benson with the #4 pick this year is more reflective of his incompetence than Jones' alleged ineffectiveness.  Just look at their depth chart under "QB."  :doah:

961449[/snapback]

in the long run??? might be a 40 yard dash. no way will benson be lawrence philips. i don't think he will match wally by any means either. i see benson as a stephen davis type.

:D

hard to argue about the angelo comment. where they were picking however, it was either benson or edwards as far as taking best available...imo. no qb was worthy of taking at that spot.

Neither has Jones.  Despite what you perceive as "effectiveness"... he's not good.  The only time he has averaged over 4.0 ypc was as a change of pace back, which inflates statistics for everyone (except D. Foster, it seems :D).

961460[/snapback]

You obviously didn't watch any Bears game last season or any Bucs games in '03. He was effective as more than a "change-of-pace" back. He was the featured back in the latter half of '03 and throughout all of last season. It's only because of injury concerns that he probably won't make it as a featured back again.

What Benson has over Jones is that he hasn't proved that he is ineffective yet.

Until Benson actually does something in the NFL besides act like a child during contract negotiations, he has nothing over proven talent.

:D

961566[/snapback]

Wow, now there's a compelling argument. :D:D

So, do you label Michael Pittman a "bust" as well? He's no stud and will likely be a career second-stringer, but I wouldn't call him a "bust." Their yearly averages are very similar and very comparable, since they've played on the same teams four of the past five seasons. Last year, both were turned into featured backs and put up similar numbers. Both also played in below-average offenses (especially Jones) and put up numbers that made them decent #2 fantasy RBs. That sounds like "proven talent" to me.

So, do you label Michael Pittman a "bust" as well?  He's no stud and will likely be a career second-stringer, but I wouldn't call him a "bust."  Their yearly averages are very similar and very comparable, since they've played on the same teams four of the past five seasons.  Last year, both were turned into featured backs and put up similar numbers.  Both also played in below-average offenses (especially Jones) and put up numbers that made them decent #2 fantasy RBs.  That sounds like "proven talent" to me.

961849[/snapback]

Don't be silly. Pittman is a much much better back than Thomas Jones. Specifically, Pittman beat out Jones for the starting job in 3 non-consecutive years. Marcel Shipp was the one to beat him out in that middle year, and we all know what a stud he was since they drafted a rookie to replace him as well.

And I wouldn't draft Pittman or Shipp before Benson either.

Here's how I'd rank them:

Benson

Pittman

Shipp

Lamar Gordon

Lamar Smith

Hedley Lamarr

Lamar Latrell

Thomas Jones

All Jones has to do is beat out one running back... ever... for the starting job, and I'd have more faith in him.

Don't be silly.  Pittman is a much much better back than Thomas Jones.  Specifically, Pittman beat out Jones for the starting job in 3 non-consecutive years.  Marcel Shipp was the one to beat him out in that middle year, and we all know what a stud he was since they drafted a rookie to replace him as well.

And I wouldn't draft Pittman or Shipp before Benson either.

Here's how I'd rank them:

Benson

Pittman

Shipp

Lamar Gordon

Lamar Smith

Hedley Lamarr

Lamar Latrell

Thomas Jones

All Jones has to do is beat out one running back... ever... for the starting job, and I'd have more faith in him.

961902[/snapback]

Sorry, but no rational person would say that Lamar Smith and Lamar Gordon are better backs than Jones. And didn't Jones take Pittman's job at the end of '03? :D

Sorry, but no rational person would say that Lamar Smith and Lamar Gordon are better backs than Jones.  And didn't Jones take Pittman's job at the end of '03?  :D

961960[/snapback]

Way to get the joke. :D

And yes, Jones took Pittmans job while he was nursing a sore knee, calf, and hamstring, and was in court on felony domestic abuse charges.

Jones made the most of it by rushing for 1 TD in the month of December. :D

You did notice that Pittman took the job BACK from him on 12/28, right? Jones sure showed some "proven talent" there... :D

Way to get the joke. :D

And yes, Jones took Pittmans job while he was nursing a sore knee, calf, and hamstring, and was in court on felony domestic abuse charges.

Jones made the most of it by rushing for 1 TD in the month of December. :D

You did notice that Pittman took the job BACK from him on 12/28, right?  Jones sure showed some "proven talent" there... :D

962012[/snapback]

So, let me get this straight: Pittman is "much better" back than Jones, yet has never rushed for a 1,000 yds in a season and his career-best numbers are almost equaled by what Jones did on the worst offense in the NFL last season? Ummm... OK. :D