Sign in to follow this  
coachjb12

Input on team, wr and rb?

Just curious about thoughts from others on the team i drafted. I am worried about having to rely on one of two rookie rb's and a third wr option.

We start 1qb, 2 rb's, 3 wr's, te,K,Def Pretty Standard perfomrance league with .5 reception points and 1 pt per 15 return yards as only extras.

Drafted first in twelve team league

L.T round one

Holt Round two

C.Johnson round 3

Hasselbeck round 4

Carnell Williams round 5

Baltimore round 6

JJ arrington Round 7

McCareins round 8

Carson Palmer round 9

Dallas Clark round 10

Matt Jones round 11

John Carney round 12

Travis Henry round 13

I have since dumped henry for travis taylor as i am worried about MCCareins at the WR 3 spot and what are thoughts on Arrington and Williams, will i be able to get a viable number two from one of them. And Do Taylor and McCareins give me a viable number three wr behind two solid wr's?

You really dont want my opinion on this team lil bro :D

well, too late to have doubts about your rookie runners. you seemed to have been high on them on draft day, so stick to your thesis.

qb palmer

rb lt2

rb cadillac

wr holt

wr CJ

wr travis taylor

te clark

K carney

Def ravens

thats an awesome team.

I think I would have grabbed whatever RB was available with your 3rd or 4th pick rather than depending on rookie RB's but you probably picked the best of the rookie RB's. If either one of them come through, your team will rack up big points every week. I am not a fan of Travis Taylor but he may have been the best option for you at that point of the draft. Good luck

Well, assuming that either JJ or Cadillac works out, you should be more than fine. You can play matchups between Hasselbeck and Palmer, and your receiving corps is pretty solid. I'd say that you'll probably be OK with the rooks; it's pretty unlikely that they're both going to bust on you; JJ's more or less locked up the starting role by process of elimination, and Cadillac's being treated like a starter in TB.

I'm only concerned that you dropped Henry; if you're that concerned about McCariens, then I probably would have dumped McCariens for Taylor and held on to Henry, because it's only a matter of time before Chris Brown breaks a nail and is out for the rest of the season. If JJ or Cadillac does go bust, then you have no depth at RB, and that's likely what'll hurt you...

You've got some room to make some waiver wire moves on your team. If he's available, Parker out of Pittsburgh may be an option as a darkhorse RB for you.

"L.T round one

Holt Round two

C.Johnson round 3

Hasselbeck round 4

Carnell Williams round 5

Baltimore round 6

JJ arrington Round 7"

Your draft strategy worked out in the end, but, consider yourself very lucky to have been able to get Caddy Williams at #49 overall, AND JJ Arrington at #73 overall. I think I would have taken my #3 WR before taking a defense, even though your top-2 WRs are fantastic.

Thanks to all for responses i went way away from my protocol on rb's as far as draft strategy. We will see the big problem is that we only have 4 roster spots so all year people will have to drop some guys wed like to hold on to just to fill in a starting roster for bye weeks.

Im still struggling with that third wr spot, dont really like either option though of taylor and mccareins, so we will see. just need one of those rooks to go off this year and lt to stay the course of the past several years.

JJ in the 7th is a steal. As far as I'm concerned, if you get LT, any of the top 20-25 other RB's are good enough as a #2. You have two of the top 5-6 WR's, a top-5 TE, and two top-10 QB's. I would think Hasselbeck would start over Palmer most weeks, but other than that, I agree with pretty much everything else everyone said. Ignore your bro..... this team is solid. And, dropping Henry for Taylor is probably a good move.

JJ in the 7th is a steal.  As far as I'm concerned, if you get LT, any of the top 20-25 other RB's are good enough as a #2.  You have two of the top 5-6 WR's, a top-5 TE, and two top-10 QB's.  I would think Hasselbeck would start over Palmer most weeks, but other than that, I agree with pretty much everything else everyone said.  Ignore your bro..... this team is solid.  And, dropping Henry for Taylor is probably a good move.

960755[/snapback]

Oh come on I had to razz him just a bit.

In all honesty as I was evacuating from The Big Easy, Coach was drafting not only his team but mine as well and I will post that team in this thread shortly.

Ok so here is the team drafted for me while sitting in traffic.

QB D Brees rd5

D Carr rd 12

RB P Holmes rd 1

C Portis rd 2

L Johnson rd7

T Jones rd10

WR Joe Horn rd3

D Jackson rd4

L Evans rd6

K McCardell rd 11

TE J Wiggins rd8

Def Carolina rd 9

PK J Brown rd 13

This was done with the 4th spot in the draft and as stated above we only have 4 open roster spots. Having to spend a pick on Johnson so early may hurt me but I think if either of my QB's can get hot and health goes my way I should be OK with this team .