Sign in to follow this  
goose228

Picking 3rd in 12 team league...

I have 3rd pick in a 12 team league. I am thinking I will have to choose between Holmes or Edge or Manning. If Alexander falls to me thats who I take. If not, its Holmes, Edge, or Manning. Holmes scares me with the injuries and the presence of Larry Johnson. I dont want to take a QB this early because my RB's will suffer. But it is Manning. Edge just doesnt get enough goalline touches. Which way would you go? I had Jamal Lewis ranked up this high, but after the bonespur I have him dropping a little.

Standard yardage and TD league. (6pts for all TD's)

TE required

Thanks

I have 3rd pick in a 12 team league.  I am thinking I will have to choose between Holmes or Edge or Manning.  If Alexander falls to me thats who I take.  If not, its Holmes, Edge, or Manning.  Holmes scares me with the injuries and the presence of Larry Johnson.  I dont want to take a QB this early because my RB's will suffer.  But it is Manning.  Edge just doesnt get enough goalline touches.  Which way would you go?  I had Jamal Lewis ranked up this high, but after the bonespur I have him dropping a little.

Standard yardage and TD league.  (6pts for all TD's)

TE required

Thanks

959155[/snapback]

I had the 4th pick this year in one league, and your right, makes it kind of difficult.

Obviously if either Alexander or LT falls to you, you know who to take, but between Holmes, Edge, or Manning........I would still take Holmes (and I'm a Colt's Homer!!!). :D

I just can't justify any QB that early. Even Peyton! Do I think Peyton will repeat last years performance?? If anyone can, he'll be the one to do it, but even still, taking a QB now will force you to go RB, RB with the next two picks unless you're willing to take a chance on some flier rookie RB.

The two leagues I'm in, the two guys that took Peyton with the 3rd pick, they ended up with 2RB's like Ronnie Brown and Warrick Dunn, so if you're willing to live with that caliber of #2 RB, you can take him. I just personally couldn't!

Granted, if you take Priest, you'll have to handcuff LJ to him. In one league, LJ went in the 5th round. In my other, I did take Priest with the 4th pick and I got lucky by not having to lock LJ up until the 8th round......

Thanks Big Dogs...Think I will go with Holmes in that scenerio. Just hate having to worry about the handcuff at round 5-7.

popular topic (the #3), but i still have a week to draft, and am still up in the air too.

right now i'm going with manning and going for the rb,rb,wr or rb,wr,rb

say peyton has a bad year, what? 38-42 tds?

if edge TRIPLES his tds from last year, we're still talking 27-30.

you're going to get the caliber #2rb regardless of who you take at #3.

personally, i think a manning and a solid #1 who will get touches (i.e. jordan) is strong enough for a dunn#2 kicker.

as for holmes, like everyone is saying, HUGH upside, big risk. and i'm not even talking about cuffin' LJ later...

anyway, i'm sitting at the same table as you, and am feeling the manning right now.

interested in seeing what others have done in their completed drafts,

like who'd they take in the #3or4 and what they got in the next 2,3 rds?

good luck.

i say manning

:D