[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which fans are the biggest Homers?

conehead116

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the phrase "homer" refers to the blind faith fans have in their teams. That being said, I don't think the Broncos fans are the most homeristic. Maybe in the Elway era that was true, but since we've had to put up with Griese and Plummer, there is a lot of grumbling in Broncoland. I know of no Bronco fan that expects this team to compete for the Super Bowl.

Most homer fans have to be Packer fans.

Most homer radio announcers---that prize belongs to the Kansas City Chiefs. :D

I think the phrase "homer" refers to the blind faith fans have in their teams.  That being said, I don't think the Broncos fans are the most homeristic.  Maybe in the Elway era that was true, but since we've had to put up with Griese and Plummer, there is  a lot of grumbling in Broncoland.  I know of no Bronco fan that expects this team to compete for the Super Bowl.

Most homer fans have to be Packer fans.

Most homer radio announcers---that prize belongs to the Kansas City Chiefs.  :D

962768[/snapback]

Every city has homer radio stations. Merrel Reese (sp) in Philly is a complete homer and totally annoying.

Every Bronco fan I know, and I used to live in Colorado so I now plenty, are completely delusional. As a matter of fact, a Bronco fan called into The Afternoon Blitz on Sirius NFL radio yesterday and said, with complete conviction, they would EASILY win the AFC west this year. Now that is a Homer!

Edited by conehead116

Every city has homer radio stations. Merrel Reese (sp) in Philly is a complete homer and totally annoying.

Every Bronco fan I know, and I used to live in Colorado so I now plenty, are completely delusional. As a matter of fact, a Bronco fan called into The Afternoon Blitz on Sirius NFL radio yesterday and said, with complete conviction, they would EASILY win the AFC west this year. Now that is a Homer!

962807[/snapback]

I heard that guy too...!!....Made me laugh...That's a great show but isnt it called the "Afternoon Drive"...???

962807[/snapback]

LOL. I heard that idiot too. Must be the thin air up there.

:D

Growing up in Washington DC as a Giants fan. I have learned every summer the Deadskins fans think they're team will make it. It is the most pathetic thing I have ever witnessed. Always thinking one move will change the fate of the lowly Redskins. First it was Coles then it was Portis now Gibbs. They continue to stink maybe a few more moves they may make the playoffs. Not!

By the way not expecting to much out of my G-Men this year.

Vote for Skins Fans!

Division Championships - 20

Conference Championships - 8

NFL Championships - 5

21 Straight winning seasons

Only five teams have a winning record vs. Dallas in their all-time head to head series. (Minimum 2 games played)

San Francisco 13-16-1

Cleveland Browns 9-15-0

Detroit Lions 8-9-0

Miami 4-6-0

Oakland 3-5-0

Only one team is tied all-time vs. Dallas. (Rams 13-13)

I would say Green Bay has the "biggest" homers, as I think statisticaly they are the most overweight state in the country...

If thats not what you meant then I would have to say us Bear fans....

962099[/snapback]

Nice try, Bears fan...looks like you've got us beat:

Adult Obesity Ranking (Highest to Lowest) State

1 Mississippi

2 Alabama

3 West Virginia

4 Louisiana

5 Tennessee

6 (tie) Michigan

6 (tie) Texas

6 (tie) Kentucky

9 Indiana

10 South Carolina

11 Arkansas

12 Georgia

13 Ohio

14 Oklahoma

15 Pennsylvania

16 (tie) North Carolina

16 (tie) Missouri

16 (tie) North Dakota

19 Alaska

20 (tie) Iowa

20 (tie) Nebraska

22 (tie) Kansas

22 (tie) Illinois

22 (tie) Virginia

25 Minnesota

26 South Dakota

27 Delaware

28 Wisconsin

29 (tie) Washington

29 (tie) Maryland

31 California

32 (tie) Maine

32 (tie) Nevada

34 New York

35 DC

36 Oregon

37 Idaho

38 Florida

39 New Mexico

40 (tie) New Jersey

40 (tie) Arizona

42 Wyoming

43 New Hampshire

44 Utah

45 (tie) Montana

45 (tie) Vermont

47 Connecticut

48 Rhode Island

49 Massachusetts

50 Colorado

:D

Even though we know that they are going to suck every year, there probably ain't no fans that get into their team as much as Lions fans.

If Detroit ever won a Super Bowl, this place would rock.

961869[/snapback]

I would agree with this. Detroit fans are actually pretty knowledgeable about football, too. I think that's the difference. In Wisconsin, the Packers are everything (especially around Green Bay), but the fans there don't delve into the intricacies of the team quite as much. They just cheer they're asses off at games and sleep well knowing we've got 12 NFL championships on the mantle. Hmm...I guess that would be another difference between Lions and Packers fans. :D

61% of Wisconsin adults are overweight or obese. (CDC BRFSS, 2004)

22% of non-Hispanic white adults and 41% of non-Hispanic black adults in Wisconsin are obese. (CDC BRFSS, 2004)

24% of Wisconsin high-school students are overweight or at risk of becoming overweight. (CDC YRBSS, 2003)

29% of low-income children between 2 and 5 years of age in Wisconsin are overweight or at risk of becoming overweight. (CDC PedNSS, 2003)

And fot the team that alwayargues that their team argues tthe most that they are the best, it would be the Vikings.

Packers and Bears fans love their teams, but are more realisitic.

962319[/snapback]

i see you are smoking crack agian johnny