Sign in to follow this  
Ice717

14 Team League

So I'm in a 14 team standard performance league. Our drafting system is we repick every odd round. So for the 1st round I have the 13th pick and in the second round I have the second, (16th overall). In the 3rd round I have the 3rd pick (31st overall), and in the 4th I have the 12th(54th) overall.

My question is who do you think I should take with my first three picks. I initially had the 1st overall but traded down because of the value in this years draft. I picked up an 8th round pick. Just looking to see what people's opinions are. Here are the scoring spec:

1pt 10/rushing,

1pt 10 receiving,

1pt/30 passing.

+5pts over 100/rushing,

+5pts 100/receiving,

+5pts/300 yards passing.

+15 200/rushing,

+15 200/receiving,

+15 400/passing

6pts for all TDs. Points apply to ALL players.

Thanks in advance.

If it is a mandatory TE league, you take the 2 best RBs and either Gates or Gonzo. If it is not a mandatory TE league take the best 2 rbs and the best (if you can land a top 6 or 7 WR. But you have to take 2 RBs were you are at because of the size of the league. In this situation you have a nice pick in the third round and if some panic in the 2nd round that RBs are flying and they take a RB then you may end up with a Chad Johnson/Torry Holt or McNabb in the third round.

If you think Witten will fall into the 4th or 5th round don't waste a 3rd round pick on a TE, because I think that Witten will put up comparable numbers to the top tier TEs.

Edited by Eagle2003

Virtually an impossible question to answer.

Draft the best players available.

RB, RB, WR, WR,

To many good QB's to waste a pick on Culpepper or Manning.

I got Farve in the 7th and Plumer in the 8th round in our draft.

In my 14 team league in the first round Manning, C pepper, and Moss all went. Duece went in 2nd round, I got A Gates in early 4th round.

I think McNabb and TO went in second round!

If it is a mandatory TE league, you take the 2 best RBs and either Gates or Gonzo.  If it is not a mandatory TE league take the best 2 rbs and the best (if you can land a top 6 or 7 WR.  But you have to take 2 RBs were you are at because of the size of the league.  In this situation you have a nice pick in the third round and if some panic in the 2nd round that RBs are flying and they take a RB then you may end up with a Chad Johnson/Torry Holt or McNabb in the third round.

962867[/snapback]

Yeah this is a mandatory TE league. Here are the starting requirements. 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1k, 1def. Also, Mcnabb is someone i was hoping to have fall to me in the third round. Thanks again for the opinions.

Virtually an impossible question to answer.

Draft the best players available.

RB, RB, WR, WR,

To many good QB's to waste a pick on Culpepper or Manning.

I got Farve in the 7th and Plumer in the 8th round in our draft.

963000[/snapback]

I agree. I was 5th in a 14 teamer and could not believe how picked-over the RB's were by round 2. I came within two picks of getting Steven Jackson, but ended up with JJ Arrington. Harrison, Holt, and Javon were all gone by my turn in round 3. I got Horn.

I tried to make a few steals in late rounds to even things out. Who knows, maybe I screwed up. I took Brandon Jacobs in the 6th, Fast Willie in the 10th, and Travis Taylor in the 16th.

We keep an 18 man roster, and the free agent pool is a wasteland.

Good Luck. :D