[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 1

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, I like Harringotn, simply because of the weapons he has. As you are going to go Bulger all season barring injury, I think harrington is more likely to give you that explosive game when you are without your main QB, while Carr is more of a consistent 225-250 yards with 1-2 scores.

If your primary QB was a little less secure, I would advise towards Carr as I would want a safer option in case I needed him more than one week, but, as that is not the case, I say go for the home run with Harrington

963554[/snapback]

Hugh,

I have Deuce M. and with all the turmoil going on do you think I should try to trade him for someone like Steve Jackson or Julius? Or do you think he is still superior to these backs. My backs are James, Deuce, Arrington, Larry Johnson.

Any advice would be great, and THANKS!!!!!!!

Performance:

Travis Taylor vs TB

or

Charles Rogers vs GB

3rd reciever choice.

Edit to add...

I have Chambers as my #2 should I bench him in favor of either of these two.

963742[/snapback]

Another tough one. I guess I'd play the matchup and try Rogers, even though I said there really was no one on the Lions I'd start if given the choice outside of KJ, but Taylor's too big of a risk, and has a tougher matchup.

More of a who should I stash than a would should I start but I'll ask anyway.

I have Edge/Lamont/Barlow/Mewelde as my RBs(start 2)

We can hold 5 Rbs on our rosters so I want to fill the last spot.

Who would you rather have...

William Green CLE

Cleveland RBs are a platoon

L Toefield JAX

Shelton CAR

Not much of a platoon here but Toe and SHelton are both an inury away as I see it.  Who is most likely to go in first and stay?

963754[/snapback]

Always tough to pick based on an injury. It's really a crapshoot. I'd probably take a chance on Shelton.

I am really concerned with my receivers. I have been trying to work a trade ever since the draft. That said, here is who I am thinking to start....sound right to you?

QB McNabb (obvious)

RB1 DD

RB2 Westy

WR1 Ashlie Lelie

WR2 D.Mason (scares me) :doah:  :doah:

WR3 J.Smith (also scares me a little) :D

Thanks in advance Hugh!

Can you tell me who to start in the MVP Challange?  :D LOL Kidding.

963791[/snapback]

I think with the WR's you have, those three are the right start. I wouldn't be too concerned with Smith. The Jags have re-vamped their offense and are now much more pass oriented, which means Smith should put up some nice numbers.

Hugh-

Debating on who to start in my WR/RB flex position in a standard performance scoring league.

Here are the crappy choices:

S. Davis vs. NO

J. Bettis vs. Ten

C. Rogers vs. Green Bay

B. Engram vs. Jac

Not sure if either of the RB's are starting?  The WR's are not great either - Rogers has a good matchup but the Lions OFF has looked horrible. 

Any thoughts?  Team in sig.

Thanks!

963799[/snapback]

Gotta go with Rogers. He will probably do nothing, because the Lions suck, but he's about the only one of that group that has a shot at doing anything.

Performance Scoring - regular starting lienup w/flex

I have Willie Parker on two teams.

Team 1 - Should I start Willie as RB3 over C Mart?  (10teamer)

Team 2 - Should I start Willie as RB3 over JJ (12teamer)

Thanks.

963834[/snapback]

Don't be ridiculous. :D

Hugh,

I have Deuce M. and with all the turmoil going on do you think I should try to trade him for someone like Steve Jackson or Julius? Or do you think he is still superior to these backs. My backs are James, Deuce, Arrington, Larry Johnson.

Any advice would be great, and THANKS!!!!!!!

963856[/snapback]

I wouldn't trade Deuce for Jackson. I think Duece and Jones are about even. I'd probably lean towards Julius by a hair. Not sure if it's worth trading for though.

Got one for you Hugh. Start 2 RB/3WR standard scoring. RB's---S. Alexander(@Jags), S. Jackson(@9ers) D. Foster (NO). WR's---Boldin (@Gnats), Driver (@Lions), Bennett(@PITT), Colbert (NO), Lelie (@MIA). I hate to say it but do I stick with my gut and bench Alexander for the first game of the season? I gave up a bit for keepers so my WR's are a bit weak. Im thinking Boldin, Driver and Lelie... What you think????

Got one for you Hugh. Start 2 RB/3WR standard scoring. RB's---S. Alexander(@Jags), S. Jackson(@9ers) D. Foster (NO). WR's---Boldin (@Gnats), Driver (@Lions), Bennett(@PITT), Colbert (NO), Lelie (@MIA). I hate to say it but do I stick with my gut and bench Alexander for the first game of the season? I gave up a bit for keepers so my WR's are a bit weak. Im thinking Boldin, Driver and Lelie... What you think????

964007[/snapback]

You want to bench Alexander for Foster? Are you serious? The only time you EVER bench Alexander is if you're in a league where you can only start 1 RB and your other RB is LT.

ASYS my friend, ASYS.

Hugh - I don't believe I ever received your wisdom on a trade question before. I certianly greatly respect your opinion so if you could give your definitive opinion on the following trade, that would be fantastic:

I drafted Jamal Lewis at 2.03 in a recent draft and i'm not getting a good feeling from all the things i'm hearing about his ankle not being healed properly. Anyway, the trade offer to me is:

Terrell Owens and JJ Arrington

for

Jamal Lewis and Santana Moss (guy is a fan of his for some reason)

I have no real idea of what to project for Arrington for this season (he hasn't looked too good apparently during pre-season) and having him as my number 2 back is kinda scary. That said I really don't care about Moss so i'm looking at this trade like i'm getting TO and JJ for Lewis which is nice. What do you think? I am stumped.

OK,

Performance scoring QB, 2RB, 2WR,TE,K,D

K. Jones @ GB

OR

K. Barlow at home against STL?

We play two wideouts and one Tight end:

SO:

Smith, Steve home against NO

Wayne, Reggie @BAL

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. @CLE

Lelie, Ashley WR DEN @MIA

So which two of those?

I am leaning toward Wayne and ??? Houshmandzadeh?

Tight ends are Dallas Clark and Cooley

So which one here?

I HATE to start a tight end and a receiver who are on the same team, but Clark IS on IND...

Thanks for your help!

Edited by cre8tiff

Performance scoring

Starting

Bulger

Dillon

Lewis

Roy Williams

L.Coles

3rd WR (Santana Moss vs CHI)(Keary Colbert vs NO)(M.Jenkins vs PHI)(Mark Bradley@WSH) (Eric Parker vs DAL)

Randy McMichael

Stover

Carolina D

I just need to decide on the 3rd WR, I'm leaning santana b/c he's a #1.

I asked a ? similar last week about Shelton/Green or Toefield and I agreed that Shelton was the best guy to stash. He has since gone on the IR and is out for the year so I went with Green.

This time I have to ask about stasher WRs as I have Jolley as a 2nd TE and want to drop. Best chance for late season success amongst these?

McCairens NYJ - #2 and should have a better year than last

S Parker KC - I don't usually like WRs from KC but he's getting press

Williamson MINN - will he make the starters by the end of the year or is he just a rookie WR with hype?

Jenkins ATL - Can Vick get him the ball?

I already have Holt/DJax/Chambers and Braylon Edwards so this will really be a "stash away". Only start 2

Edited by Qball86