[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 1

Hugh 0ne

Well kids, I'm back for yet another season, I think this is my 4th year of doing this.  :D  So fire away your WDIS posts, and I'll give you my opinion.

Some "rules":

1. No Rate my team posts.

2. Please post pertinent information, like matchups, scoring or starting requirements that I might need to help make an informative decision.

3. Try and keep the questions short and sweet.

Let 'em rip. :D

963241[/snapback]

J. Wilkins for S. Graham , I think I make out, I don't understand why he wants to make this trade? Should I waste a trade on this? Allowed 6 trades for the season.

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-1)

Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)

Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)

Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (0)

Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (0)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Point After Attempt Missed (-1)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson Palmer vs Browns or Hasselbeck vs Jags

Rudi Johnson vs Browns or D. Davis vs Bills

6 pts for td rushing or passing or for every 100 rushing or 300 passing. Also get an extra 6 for a combined 200 yds rushing/recieving. :D

Thanks for all your help. Its good to have you back.

Hugh, welcome back to another fine year of FF.

I have a few tough decisions this week:

QB: Do I start Hasselback @ Jack or Delhome vs a weak NO defense

and

WR: I have Burelson and DJax starting and need a third WR

M. Muhommad @ Washington

A Lellie @ Miami

Thanks in advance for the advise.

OK. Pick 1 to go with J Lewis:

M Anderson

JJ Arrington

Cadilllac Williams. Leaning toward Anderson until the rooks prove themselves.

969693[/snapback]

Yep. Go with Dennis Green's love child. Rookies are always a crapshoot, but he's got a lot of things that improve his odds of success.

Hugh, welcome back to another fine year of FF.

I have a few tough decisions this week:

QB:  Do I start Hasselback @ Jack  or Delhome vs a weak NO defense

and

WR:  I have Burelson and DJax starting and need a third WR

M. Muhommad @ Washington

A Lellie @ Miami

Thanks in advance for the advise.

969686[/snapback]

I'd personally start Delhomme and the matchup. I'm not sold on Hasselbeck to begin with, and Delhomme could have nice time with the Saints defense.

WR's a tough one. Last years #1 WR on a new team, or an up and comer with a tough matchup. I think I'd go with Mush, and hope the rookie gets him the ball.

Hugh - apologies for re-posting this, I just wasn't sure if you'd be backtracking to older posts or not:

I don't believe I ever received your wisdom on a trade question before. I certianly greatly respect your opinion so if you could give your definitive opinion on the following trade, that would be fantastic:

I drafted Jamal Lewis at 2.03 in a recent draft and i'm not getting a good feeling from all the things i'm hearing about his ankle not being healed properly. Anyway, the trade offer to me is:

Terrell Owens and JJ Arrington

for

Jamal Lewis and Santana Moss (guy is a fan of his for some reason)

I have no real idea of what to project for Arrington for this season (he hasn't looked too good apparently during pre-season) and having him as my number 2 back is kinda scary. That said I really don't care about Moss so i'm looking at this trade like i'm getting TO and JJ for Lewis which is nice. What do you think? I am stumped.

Carson Palmer vs Browns or Hasselbeck vs Jags

Rudi Johnson vs Browns or D. Davis vs Bills

6 pts for td rushing or passing or for every 100 rushing or 300 passing. Also get an extra 6 for a combined 200 yds rushing/recieving.  :D 

Thanks for all your help. Its good to have you back.

969676[/snapback]

Palmer and Davis.

Hi Hugh,

Aaron Brooks @CAR or Kurt Warner @NYG.  I'm still thinking Brooks since I need to see Warner prove himself again but wanted your take.

scoring is listed in my sig

969773[/snapback]

Yeah. I think Warner could be a nice fantasy QB this year with the WR's he has to throw to, but I'd want to see some success before I start him. Go with Brooks.

Hey Hugh,

Just two wdis questions;

Delhomme vs NO  or

Hasselbeck @ Jax?

Willie Parker vs Tenn

Caddy @Minn or

Arrington @NYG?

969817[/snapback]

I play the QB matchup and go with Delhomme/

I play Arrington as well. Rookie RB's are a tough call to start, but I think he's your best option.

Hugh - apologies for re-posting this, I just wasn't sure if you'd be backtracking to older posts or not:

I don't believe I ever received your wisdom on a trade question before. I certianly greatly respect your opinion so if you could give your definitive opinion on the following trade, that would be fantastic:

I drafted Jamal Lewis at 2.03 in a recent draft and i'm not getting a good feeling from all the things i'm hearing about his ankle not being healed properly. Anyway, the trade offer to me is:

Terrell Owens and JJ Arrington

for

Jamal Lewis and Santana Moss (guy is a fan of his for some reason)

I have no real idea of what to project for Arrington for this season (he hasn't looked too good apparently during pre-season) and having him as my number 2 back is kinda scary. That said I really don't care about Moss so i'm looking at this trade like i'm getting TO and JJ for Lewis which is nice. What do you think? I am stumped.

969770[/snapback]

What's the rest of your lineup? Banking on Arrington is a risky proposition. If you have some other "upside" RB's, you might be able to take the chance.

Just saw it in your sig. I wouldn't make the trade. Stand pat. You need 2 starting RB's that will produce, and you have that now. And you're WR's aren't horrible. Making that trade will hurt your team.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Hi Hugh,

Personnel quandary; must start QB/RB,RB/WR,WR/TE/K/DEF-ST or 1 RB & 3 WR. My roster is in the sig line below. I'm thinking I'm a little light at the WR position with 1 proven entity (TO) and potentials (Lelie, Evans). I'm iffy on Stallworth and uncertain about Williamson - took a flier just in case. However, I looked out on my leagues WW and wanted to get some feedback on possible replacements to hopefully strengthen the WR corps replacing Williamson and Stallworth, here's who is available:

A Bryant, CLE

B Lloyd, SFO

T Calico, TEN

M Clayton, BAL

R Curry, OAK

D Gabriel, OAK

B Engram, SEA

S Parker, KC

D Patten, WAS

T Taylor, MIN

M Robinson, MIN

Do I improve any with a pickup of any of these?

Also at the QB position Griese, Warner, and Losman still available. Perhaps better that Carr at backup?

Edited by alexandernevermind

Hi Hugh,

Personnel quandary; must start QB/RB,RB/WR,WR/TE/K/DEF-ST or 1 RB & 3 WR. My roster is in the sig line below.  I'm thinking I'm a little light at the WR position with 1 proven entity (TO) and potentials (Lelie, Evans).  I'm iffy on Stallworth and uncertain about Williamson - took a flier just in case.  However, I looked out on my leagues WW and wanted to get some feedback on possible replacements to hopefully strengthen the WR corps replacing Williamson and Stallworth, here's  who is available:

A Bryant, CLE

B Lloyd, SFO

M Clayton, BAL

R Curry, OAK

D Gabriel, OAK

B Engram, SEA

S Parker, KC

D Patten, WAS

T Taylor, MIN

M Robinson, MIN

Do I improve any with a pickup of any of these?

Also at the QB position Griese, Warner, and Losman still available. Perhaps better that Carr at backup?

969962[/snapback]

The problem as I see it are that Evans and Lelie will be inconsitent performers, especially Evans with the QB issues in Buffalo. That being said, there are some interesting options on the WW, but nothing that will really help your squad. I don't think there are enough balls in Oakland to go around to make Curry or Gabriel a good option. I think Taylor should get some action in Minnesota, but will probably not get a lot of TD's because MRob is the redzone guy there. Engram as the #2 guy has some upside in Seattle, but not sure how much.

In short, I think one or two of the guys on the WW could pan out, but I'm not convinced that they'll be better than Evans.

I think Warner could have a nice year. Good WR's. He might be worth a flyer as a backup.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I have an RB mess Hugh! My starters are Ahman Green and JJ Arrington and they both have byes Week 6. I need drop one of the following backups (we can have only 4 RB total) - Bettis, Marshall Faulk, or Droughns. I’m planning to drop Droughns because CLE will be RBBC and Bettis and Faulk have a better chance of getting me pts.

Should I ride out starting Arrington and keep Bettis and Faulk for Week 6? Or in addition to dropping Droughns, drop Bettis or Faulk for Willie Parker and use him the first couple weeks. That plan would leave me with starting Bettis and Parker in Week 6 unless I'm able to get something off waivers.

"QUOTE(TonyMantana @ 9/2/05 03:58pm)

Performance Scoring - regular starting lienup w/flex

I have Willie Parker on two teams.

Team 1 - Should I start Willie as RB3 over C Mart? (10teamer)

Team 2 - Should I start Willie as RB3 over JJ (12teamer)

Thanks.

Hugh One: Don't be ridiculous. "

Don't mean to question you Hugh, but there is a post by another use with the same dilema i have re: Team 2 on the main board and the majority of responses conflict with your opinion. Any insight? I think it could go either way. On a side note; would you start Roy Williams over JJ or Willie as a Flex?

"QUOTE(TonyMantana @ 9/2/05 03:58pm)

Performance Scoring - regular starting lienup w/flex

I have Willie Parker on two teams.

Team 1 - Should I start Willie as RB3 over C Mart?  (10teamer)

Team 2 - Should I start Willie as RB3 over JJ (12teamer)

Thanks.

Hugh One: Don't be ridiculous.  "

Don't mean to question you Hugh, but there is a post by another use with the same dilema i have re: Team 2 on the main board and the majority of responses conflict with your opinion.  Any insight? I think it could go either way.  On a side note; would you start Roy Williams over JJ or Willie as a Flex?

970223[/snapback]

Please, feel free to question away. Mine, like everyone elses, is just an opinion.

My line of thinking is pretty simple: I can start a proven RB in CMart or a rookie RB that has known he'd be the starter since day one or a 3rd/4th string RB filling in for injured RB's. I'll take choices A & B, unless there's some kind of overwhelming matchup disparity, which I just don't see. If Parker was a good RB, he wouldn't be a 3rd stringer.

Hey, thanks for doing this!! Standard scoring, 10 team league.

Delhomme or Palmer this week??

Also, I have Branch, Burleson and S. Smtih starting, but I have Calico, A Bryant or Crumpler on the bench...should I sub any of these...

970259[/snapback]

I think Palmer threw 250 yards and 4 TD's the last time he played Cleveland, I'd give him the nod.

Stick with the WR's you have.

Hi Hugh,

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Performance scoring QB, 2RB, 2WR,TE,K,D

K. Jones @ GB

OR

K. Barlow at home against STL?

We play two wideouts and one Tight end:

SO:

Smith, Steve home against NO

Wayne, Reggie @BAL

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. @CLE

Lelie, Ashley WR DEN @MIA

So which two of those?

I am leaning toward Wayne and ??? Houshmandzadeh?

Tight ends are Dallas Clark and Cooley

So which one here?

I HATE to start a tight end and a receiver who are on the same team, but Clark IS on IND...

Thanks for your help!

Welcome back, Hugh - hope the family is well.

Standard performance - 2 questions please -

RB (choose 1): K Jones at home vs a porous Packers' D.

M. Anderson at Miami

My initial thought is to go with Jones but I want to get the most out of Anderson before he gets benched for the kid.

WR (choose 1): Boldin at the Giants

Rogers at home against the Packers

I like Rogers' chances if he lasts more than a play this year but that's a BIG IF. Also, do I REALLY want to start two Detroit players??

Thanks for your opinions as always.

My draft is tonite....we redraft spots every two rds... so I have the 7,18,33,40 and 50th pick respectively. 12 team league...WRs get 1 pt for 2 receptions... We start 2 rbs and 3wrs. What should my draft strategy be ? Should I take the best RB available to start then WR ? My concern is if I wait until the 33 pick to take a WR then the pickings will be quite slim and I wont have a true #1 WR

Thanks

Welcome back, Hugh - hope the family is well.

Standard performance - 2 questions please -

RB (choose 1): K Jones at home vs a porous Packers' D.

M. Anderson at Miami

My initial thought is to go with Jones but I want to get the most out of Anderson before he gets benched for the kid.

WR (choose 1):  Boldin at the Giants

Rogers at home against the Packers

I like Rogers' chances if he lasts more than a play this year but that's a BIG IF.  Also, do I REALLY want to start two Detroit players??

Thanks for your opinions as always.

970528[/snapback]

Hmm is the Packers D more porous than the 49ers? That ties into My question as well. :D

Edited by cre8tiff