[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson ++ for Nate Burleson

NavinRJohnson

I've got LJ and I've been trying to trade to Priest owner for Nate Burleson. He basically wants LJ and Stokely for Nate + crap. Would you do it? I would like to have another good WR. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF/ST - typical performance scoring.

My roster now:

RB: Deuce, K Jones, LJ, B. Jacobs, F. Gore

WR: A. Johnson, I. Bruce, Stokely, Stallworth, T. Williamson

TE: Gonzo

My only concern is I'm leaving myself too thin at RB. What do you think? Are those WRs OK with Gonzo as my TE or should I pull the trigger? Is Nate a HUGH upgrade over Bruce/Stokely enough to offset my loss at RB?

Lots of questions... :D

I think this would probably thin you out too much at RB.

Wait a bit, and one of two things could happen.

1. LJ gets playing time, and performs well. You can then trade him at a higher value.

2. You could find a value WR on waivers. A couple undrafted guys usually step up during the first few weeks. And then you still have your RB depth.

Hell no. Make that Priest owner pay through the nose for LJ. What round did you get LJ in? Not that it REALLY matters, but if you got him, say, after the 6th round... it's HIS BAD for not properly handcuffing the guy. So hold out. Burleson is going to be SOLID, no doubt. But you're talking about the handcuff situation of what is possibly the best running attack in the game. That should be worth something. Most definitely worth more than an upgrade at WR. Don't forget, Stokley has tremendous value. He'd be getting a solid replacement for Burleson AND the shoring up of his run attack. Make him pay for it. Perhaps give him LJ and Stallworth for Burleson and a RB.

Hell no.  Make that Priest owner pay through the nose for LJ.  What round did you get LJ in?  Not that it REALLY matters, but if you got him, say, after the 6th round... it's HIS BAD for not properly handcuffing the guy.  So hold out.  Burleson is going to be SOLID, no doubt.  But you're talking about the handcuff situation of what is possibly the best running attack in the game.  That should be worth something.  Most definitely worth more than an upgrade at WR.  Don't forget, Stokley has tremendous value.  He'd be getting a solid replacement for Burleson AND the shoring up of his run attack.  Make him pay for it.  Perhaps give him LJ and Stallworth for Burleson and a RB.

963683[/snapback]

What he said :D I wouldn't trade LJ at all.

Hell no.  Make that Priest owner pay through the nose for LJ.  What round did you get LJ in?  Not that it REALLY matters, but if you got him, say, after the 6th round... it's HIS BAD for not properly handcuffing the guy.  So hold out.  Burleson is going to be SOLID, no doubt.  But you're talking about the handcuff situation of what is possibly the best running attack in the game.  That should be worth something.  Most definitely worth more than an upgrade at WR.  Don't forget, Stokley has tremendous value.  He'd be getting a solid replacement for Burleson AND the shoring up of his run attack.  Make him pay for it.  Perhaps give him LJ and Stallworth for Burleson and a RB.

963683[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D:D darin you got me so mad I'm even embarrassed I asked the question. You're 100% right. F HIM.

FWIW, I got LJ at 6.5. The Priest owner already turned down LJ+Stokely for Nate and Fred Taylor.

Edited by NavinRJohnson

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D darin you got me so mad I'm even embarrassed I asked the question.  You're 100% right.  F HIM.

FWIW, I got LJ at 6.5.  The Priest owner already turned down LJ+Stokely for Nate and Fred Taylor.

963712[/snapback]

:D Sorry dude, didn't mean to! But yeah, even without the fact that LJ has tremendous value as Priest's backup, this isn't that good of a deal. I am really high on Stokley again this season (partially due to Pollard's abscence). Love Burleson, but I just think this is giving up too much.

963683[/snapback]

Absolutely. Stick to your guns. He'll eventually do it.