[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Horn - Doesn't Care If or Where They Play

baddfish2

Anyone hear the Joe Horn interview on ESPN radio? They're talking about it on the Dan Patrick show. I guess Horn said he doesn't care where they play, or if they play for that matter.

Then when asked if he had a message for the New Orleans residents his comment was something to the effect of "when they told you a storm was coming and you should get out ... why didn't you get out"?

Pretty strong comments there don't you think?

:D

I guess I'll get crushed for this but really I don't understand the people who stayed with a Cat 5 hurrican on the way and a city that is below sea-level to begin with.

963906[/snapback]

Maybe they didn't have cars.

for one, cars are not the only way to get out, but Horn had no business talking that trash.

on my team he would hit the bench and eat some fines for behavior negative for the team, and yes the coach can sit that out, and if its with public opinion mob on his side only.

Anyone hear the Joe Horn interview on ESPN radio?  They're talking about it on the Dan Patrick show.  I guess Horn said he doesn't care where they play, or if they play for that matter.

Then when asked if he had a message for the New Orleans residents his comment was something to the effect of "when they told you a storm was coming and you should get out ... why didn't you get out"?

Pretty strong comments there don't you think?

963820[/snapback]

I heard it.

As for evacuating I thought communities would be better prepared after Homeland Security expenditures. On sunday I heard the Mayor say they woud bus, truck, train everyone out without transportation. 4 years after 911 communities aren't better prepared than this?

What woud happen had we been attacked.

Horn is probaby still in shock as are many. Listen to him in 2 months.

what a raging d1ck. 

963966[/snapback]

I saw him being interviewed on espn and i'm not sure it was the same interview or if you just got excerpts but I found it to be a very good interview. There was genuine caring and he was really pushing for NFL players and teams to pitch in for this. As far as not caring if they play, while I think at some point a Saints game will be a nice diversion to the harsh realities, right now I dont think many of us New Orleanians feel much different than he does. Life is way more important!

I saw him being interviewed on espn and i'm not sure it was the same interview or if you just got excerpts but I found it to be a very good interview. There was genuine caring and he was really pushing for NFL players and teams to pitch in for this. As far as not caring if they play, while I think at some point a Saints game will be a nice diversion to the harsh realities, right now I dont think many of us New Orleanians feel much different than he does. Life is way more important!

964141[/snapback]

He just said he is driving to the Astrodome to buy things for the NO residents there. He said he'll go to Walmart or whereever to help those people out.

Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints WR Joe Horn said he wants to try and assist victims of Hurricane Katrina. "I'm going to get up in the morning, rent me a van or a limo, whatever I have to do," Horn said. "I'm going to go to Houston and I'm going to help some family. Even if it's only one family, I'm going to take a family out and get something to eat, get some clothes, because I can do that. That's what I have to do. I can't go straight to my family. They're fine. If I can help one family, if I can take one family to Wal-Mart until it's late at night and my money's out, that will bring me peace in my heart."

Sounds like a context issue.

maybe hes just talking out of frustration and agitation of the fact all those ppl are forced to live like this. no matter who he is, i cant see him actually knocking the ppl of new orleans for anything right now... his comments may have been taken out of context a bit because the other interview i saw him in, he looked saddened and sick. he basically said what most americans would no matter how possible or impossible it was for some to leave the city. just frustration that had they all been evacuated, there wouldnt be near many deaths or discomfort.

You have to have a car to get out of New Orleans with more than 24 hours notice?

I don't think so.  You've got a Category 5 hurricane headed for you, and you live below seal level.  C'mon, you can at least get out of the city. . .

964173[/snapback]

Exactly. I don't think a lot of us "northerners" understand the cultural sentiments toward hurricanes along the Gulf Coast (and Florida). A lot of people have heard their newsreporters cry wolf several times, only for the hurricane to lose strength at the last minute and cause very little damage.

Basically, as Marshall Faulk said about his own mother, some people just plain "believe in riding it out". They took a risk and now they're paying for it.

You could argue that not everybody has the understanding of a CAT 5 hurricane or the means to escape, but it doesn't make much difference to me. Their own mayor told them "There are 175-mph winds and a huge storm surge heading for US. Get out of the city." Then, he provided transportation.

I feel for these people who now have ZERO options. But they had a choice.

Mike Triplett, of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, reports New Orleans Saints WR Joe Horn said he wants to try and assist victims of Hurricane Katrina. "I'm going to get up in the morning, rent me a van or a limo, whatever I have to do," Horn said. "I'm going to go to Houston and I'm going to help some family. Even if it's only one family, I'm going to take a family out and get something to eat, get some clothes, because I can do that. That's what I have to do. I can't go straight to my family. They're fine. If I can help one family, if I can take one family to Wal-Mart until it's late at night and my money's out, that will bring me peace in my heart."

Sounds like a context issue.

964189[/snapback]

He was on 4 Quarters and said he is driving down to Houston and helping everyone he can. The press often looks for sensational stories and tries to create controversy. These guys(from New Orleans) are under a lot of stress. Give them a little time to get themselves together.

He was on 4 Quarters and said he is driving down to Houston and helping everyone he can. The press often looks for sensational stories and tries to create controversy. These guys(from New Orleans) are under a lot of stress. Give them a little time to get themselves together.

964313[/snapback]

Great Post :D:D

Exactly. I don't think a lot of us "northerners" understand the cultural sentiments toward hurricanes along the Gulf Coast (and Florida). A lot of people have heard their newsreporters cry wolf several times, only for the hurricane to lose strength at the last minute and cause very little damage.

964214[/snapback]

Not the same thing, but don't you tune out the weathermen when they get all in a tizzy about every...little...snow flurry during the winter?

I have a hunch that it's a similar type of reaction - "yeah, whatever Mr Weather Jerkoff"

...I don't think a lot of us "northerners" understand the cultural sentiments toward hurricanes along the Gulf Coast (and Florida)...

964214[/snapback]

Cultural sentiments??? Come on! I live in the middle of the Rocky Mountains and I know a catagory 5 when I see it!! Give me a break.

I do sincerely feel sorry for those that did not have the capability to get out, but the number of "refugees" being rescued at this point is a far greater number then that.

I heard Joe Horn in an interview I dont know if its the one they were talking about but he sounded like he was pissed that we werent doing enough to help out in New Orleans. He said its rediculous people are dying and if something like this goes on in another country were the first to get there but were waiting on this. He also said he wants the Saints to go there and he cant wait to go there to help out anyway he could. It sounded awesome. He's a good guy.

Im in Florida, so I know hurricanes.

When they have a "mandatory evacuation", it means get the F out. There were places to go if you had no car to get out. These are the people that I feel sorry for. The ones that were holed up in the superdome and other shelters.

I agree with Horn here. A lot of these people could have gotten out but chose to try to ride it out like jackoffs. They saw an opportunity to be around without cops, and took advantage of it by looting, raping, and whatever else theyre doing. All those doing this stuff should be shot, ON SITE!!!

Stop bashing Horn.....the guy is just plain RIGHT!!!

Not the same thing, but don't you tune out the weathermen when they get all in a tizzy about every...little...snow flurry during the winter?

I have a hunch that it's a similar type of reaction - "yeah, whatever Mr Weather Jerkoff"

964729[/snapback]

There are a lot of these reactions here. Fortunately, we havent had a direct hit in a LONG time. I think the last one was in 85, hurricane Elana. However, after last years storms, as well as the most recent one, hopefully now when people see a Cat 5 storm coming their way, they wont think itll just blow over.

All that said, I'm donating to the Red Cross. My post above wasn't intended to imply that I'm not sympathetic. The people need help and everybody else needs to provide it.

964216[/snapback]

Not at all - I totally agree- people screwed this thing all up but, theyre still people and still need help.