[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any new news on Steven Davis

fantasyfanatic

I read this on fanball.com

09/02/05 10:44 AM

THE NEWS

Assuming Stephen Davis' surgically repaired right knee doesn't suffer any setbacks between now and week one, he could open the season as the starting tailback. The Charlotte Observer reported on Friday that Davis will likely be the starter, while DeShaun Foster will be used as a change-of-pace back. "It feels real good," Davis told the Observer after the game. "The thing is, I want to see what it feels like (Friday)." Davis took five carries for 17 yards in the preseason game against the Steelers.

Our View

Davis seems fully aware that his knee could swell or give him other problems at any time. Frankly, we're shocked that the 31 year-old returned from microfracture knee surgery to take carries in a preseason game. He just might shock us again by starting week one, but it seems premature to assume that he'll start based on five preseason carries. We'll keep you updated on Stephen's week one status and the Panthers running back depth chart as more information is released.

the "experts" over at Sportsline are reporting this:

Stephen Davis to start

Stephen Davis, RB CAR

News: The Observer reports Stephen Davis (knee), not DeShaun Foster, is expected to start for the Carolina Panthers in Week 1, barring setbacks. He made his preseason debut this past Thursday.

Analysis: Davis' value will rise on rank lists, but he won't be a true featured back with Foster and Nick Goings in the mix. His long-term health is also a cause for concern.

I had an automated draft yesterday and for some odd reason De Foster and Davis are still on the Waivers.

I grabbed them both, dropped a Kicker and Def.

I am now hoping to find a Panther homer to trade them both to.

I have Holmes, Lewis and Barber plus C. Taylor.

SO I dont need them. :D

Hope to upgrade my receivers or handcuff L. Johnson with Panther run team.

Hope it works out.

I had an automated draft yesterday and for some odd reason De Foster and Davis are still on the Waivers.

I grabbed them both, dropped a Kicker and Def.

I am now hoping to find a Panther homer to trade them both to.

I have Holmes, Lewis and Barber plus C. Taylor.

SO I dont need them.  :D

Hope to upgrade my receivers or handcuff L. Johnson with Panther run team.

Hope it works out.

965387[/snapback]

I have highlighted the 2 reasons why this is a league you should never have gotten involved in. If you have 3 top 10 RBs on your roster, and davis and DeFoster are available on the WW you are wasting your time playing FF with momos. Let me guess? Free league? :D

Not a league you should be bragging about being involved in frankly :D

I imagine most guys here are in "money leagues" with dues for $20 or so, per team, per year. Even at $50 or $100, it really separates the wheat from the chaff (ie, it gets rid of the crappy, non-paying attention, FF owners and makes winning a more satisfying experience).

There is no joy in beating your nine year old niece in you families' free fantasy football league.

I beleive Davis will start the game, but I think Foster will get more touches, and I think all better get used to it, because Fox loved the RB situation in 03 during the SB run, and my guess at this point, is that he is going to try and duplicate it this year. 60-65% Foster 35-40% Davis-why? So, they will both be in better shape come PO time, and I beleive Fox's fully expects to be in the thick of it this year. He also is coming off the year of Hell, and will most likely try to keep the troops more healthy this year.

Except for MSN Fox Sports, every single up-dated depth chart that I found, has Foster, not Davis, listed as the starter.

Listing Foster as the starter;

www.panthers.com

www.nfl.com

www.ourlads.com

Listing Davis as the starter;

msn.foxsports.com

I just need Davis to hang onto the #1 spot for the first three weeks

for Jamal and Dom Davis' bye week and then Davis and Foster can

play RB roulette all the rest of the season. :D

Suggs high ankle sprain could keep him out awhile and

HE was supposed to help me out on the bye week. :D

RB depth is something that is very difficult to attain

in a 12 team league. :D

I wonder how that repaired knee will hold up?

Sep 5

Darin Gantt, of the Rock Hill Herald, reports Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Dan Henning stressed how the team's offense will emphasis the running game, but the club will be open-minded within their scheme this season. "We went into last season the same way went into '03," Henning said. "We picked Stephen Davis up because we wanted to be a power running team. Now if we had a power running back we would like to head in that direction again. But if we don't have that guy or are not capable of blocking the way we did in '03, then we'll have to adjust to the capabilities of those around and it may be a different style of running or it may be running back by committee. We always want to run the ball to set up everything that we do."

Keep in mind, just because Davis is the starter doesn't mean he will get the bulk. Last year, Tice named Bennett the starter one week and everyone who had Moore or Smith (can't remember) was in a crunch. Well, Bennett did start on the very first posession and never saw the field the rest of the game. I still have a hard time believing Foster doesn't get 80% of the carries on Sunday.

Keep in mind, just because Davis is the starter doesn't mean he will get the bulk.  Last year, Tice named Bennett the starter one week and everyone who had Moore or Smith (can't remember) was in a crunch.  Well, Bennett did start on the very first posession and never saw the field the rest of the game.  I still have a hard time believing Foster doesn't get 80% of the carries on Sunday.

969292[/snapback]

Tice=Fox? Wishful thinking. Tice is Shanahan lite. Fox is not.

GUYS. Foster was named the starter AFTER LAST YEAR. Foster's been the game one starter from the get-go, regardless of Davis' health. Even if Davis if 'healthy' he's got nothing left in the tank. He's done.

Foster is the future, Foster is the present, and Davis isn't even ON the depth chart.

Peace

policy