[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst draft pick you've seen this yr.

KUBJPO01

This happened in a draft a couple weeks ago, someone took Charlie Garner...what an idiot.

Moral of the story:

I...uh...I mean, this person :D , did not pace alcohol intake suitable to a slow draft over several days instead of a draft that is over in a couple hours. :D

flip shucks lady dog motherfliper paid friend unpaid friend manhood thingie yo-yo feline soda straw !!!! And that is all I have to say about that...

Edited by Gunther

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my ten team local draft from 2 Sunday's ago we had some real gems. We're allowed 1 keeper and we had a guy keep Tom Brady over Jamal Lewis. :doah: The guy then picked Michael Vick at 1.10. :D He then followed up this with LJ at 2.1. :D I was laughing so hard that it didn't even bother me that was the Priest owner that didn't secure the handcuff pick. We had another guy that kept Culpepper but then picked Burleson at 1.6 so he could get "Double Points". :D The jacka$$ then takes Tatum Bell at 2.4 and caught Ricky Williams at 3.6 :D I gave him one of these :D when I picked Mike Anderson at 10.4. Oh and I was able to get the Bills defense after 16 team d's had been picked. :D

Oh, I don't know about that.  This guy has suffered two major injuries over the past three seasons.  His durability is certainly questionable at this point, especially considering that 32-year-old halfbacks tend to be much more injury-prone than their younger counterparts.

966645[/snapback]

Agree on the age, but the hip injury was pretty well a bunch of sound and fury signifying nothing.

The other thing is at 32, he has a lot fewer miles on him than most other backs his age.

Agree on the age, but the hip injury was pretty well a bunch of sound and fury signifying nothing.

967688[/snapback]

My memory may be failing me here but, IIRC, he did need hip surgery. And his MCL "strain" was severe enough to keep him out for two months last season.

The other thing is at 32, he has a lot fewer miles on him than most other backs his age.

Agreed, although I have yet to see any back rush for 1,400 yds, catch 70 passes, and score 20 TDs at age 32. Given his age, recent injury history, and the presence of LJ, I'd expect his '05 numbers to look like this: 260/1250/14 rushing, 50/400/1 receiving. Those are still very good numbers, but I don't see him carrying fantasy teams again.

I have yet to see any back rush for 1,400 yds, catch 70 passes, and score 20 TDs at age 32.  Given his age, recent injury history, and the presence of LJ, I'd expect his '05 numbers to look like this: 260/1250/14 rushing, 50/400/1 receiving.  Those are still very good numbers, but I don't see him carrying fantasy teams again.

967719[/snapback]

Again, age/injury history are minor concerns for me, but I wouldn't bet against your projections; I think you're dead-on that Vermeil will give LJ a solid workload, to hedge HIS bets against Priest's age/injury history - AND to get LJ up to speed for when KC gets rid of Holmes in a couple years.

I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings last night having dinner, and a group of guys were having their draft. They had one of those big Draft Kit posters on the wall where you stick up the name of the person drafted. It was a 12 teamer, and it went something like this:

1. LT

2. Alexander

3. Holmes

4. Mcnabb

5. McCallister

6. Culpepper

7. J Lewis

8. Manning

I started thinking, man I wish I was in that league. McNabb and Culpepper over Manning?

McNabb and Culpepper over Manning?

967730[/snapback]

I think an argument can be made for Pep, but I'd have a hard time justifying McNabb - especially with TO re-entering his perpetual snit and their other WRs dropping faster than tech stocks in a market downturn.

This guy had the worst draft possible this year, in middle rounds, he took not only KRob (said he'll play for Sea when he gets out of rehab), but then he took Clarett 2 rounds later!!

Two guys not even on NFL rosters... :D

That's what you get when all you bring to the draft is a magazine printed in May! :D

This happened in a draft a couple weeks ago, someone took Charlie Garner...what an idiot.

Moral of the story:

I...uh...I mean, this person :D , did not pace alcohol intake suitable to a slow draft over several days instead of a draft that is over in a couple hours. :D

flip shucks lady dog motherfliper paid friend unpaid friend manhood thingie yo-yo feline soda straw !!!! And that is all I have to say about that...

967478[/snapback]

Actual ROFL. :D

967688[/snapback]

The same can be said of Mike Anderson.

I also think Vermeil will play Priest and LJ together more to save them both for the year. Priest culd last the season but i don't think Vermeil wants to take the chance.

Don't know if this one can be beat... Newbie in our league had the 1st pick overall... selects Peyton Manning in the 1st rd (bad but maaayybee a bit justifiable), and then, to the absolute amazement of everyone in the league, picks ADAM VINATIERI and JEROME BETTIS back to back to end round 2 and begin round 3...

After that made a couple of OK picks in the middle rounds, but absolutely lost it again at the end. He's gonna be in for a looooong first season in FF.

Don't know if this one can be beat...  Newbie in our league had the 1st pick overall... selects Peyton Manning in the 1st rd (bad but maaayybee a bit justifiable), and then, to the absolute amazement of everyone in the league, picks ADAM VINATIERI and JEROME BETTIS back to back to end round 2 and begin round 3...

After that made a couple of OK picks in the middle rounds, but absolutely lost it again at the end.  He's gonna be in for a looooong first season in FF.

969291[/snapback]

Taking Manning with first overall is not a bad pick by any stretch, especially in a 10 man league where you can be pretty sure of a pair of decent RBs at 2.10 and 3.01.

Not bad picks, but value picks in a 1st year dynasty league. The Jones brothers went at 17 (KJ) and 18 (JJ) over-all. (I did not get either one as I had pick 19).

I would have blamed it on the start 2 QB requirement, but the only 2 QBs gone were Manning and Culpepper.

Guess they were buying other RBs and WRs high for the 1 pt per reception. Owners were definitely drafting like it is a redraft league. Maybe they know someting I don't about that... hmmmm.

Not the worst, but complete redraft, standard perf scoring, I was sitting at pick 6 trying to figure out who the best RB was in the tier 2 muddle when the first 5 picks went down:

1. Manning

2. Culpepper

3. LT

4. S Alexander

5. J Lewis

In 100 years I would've never thought I'd be deciding between Priest and Edge at that spot....

965117[/snapback]

I ended up getting Edge at number 6, too!!!!! Only because of the moronic pick of the guy sitting at number 4 in my league (Performance, Pts. per rec.).

Observe:

1.LT

2.Alexander

3.Priest

4.Curtis Martin :D

5. Manning

6. Edge :D:D

Trent Green with the 11th pick in the first round...

followed by Jake Plummer by the same owner in the fourth...

I drafted McGahee, K. Jones, S. Jackson, and Cedric Benson with my first four picks... That should be the easiest league I'll ever be in... Too bad my dynasty auction wasnt that easy...

Check this: In a performance league in which we could keep up to 3 players, one team elected to keep no players from last year's roster (which included Jamal Lewis). Anyway, he got to make three picks before the rest of us started, so we prepared for the leftover talent to go quick. His picks? Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, and Ahman Green. I ask you, who in the HELL takes 2 TE's with their 1st two picks???

Other players available at the time included:

Chad Johnson

Steven Jackson

Andre Johnson

Hines Ward

Deshaun Foster

Javon Walker

Donovan McNabb

Marc Bulger