[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T Calico

MrTed46

I haven't grabbed him anywhere, but I loves me the Norm Chow, and I think NO's passing game will be VERY effective. Just depends on how stuff shakes out with Bennett's consistency, Calico's health, and how well the TEs work into the scheme.

Im a Tennessee fan and I drafted Calico in my league. I think if Calico stays healthy, he will put up better numbers than Drew Bennett. Remember, Bennett only started doing good whenever Volek came in as the starter. Calico is 6-3 and 220 lbs. He is a huge red zone target. Id draft him as a late WR (I got him 13th round) and just watch the situation. Tennessee does open up against Pitt and Baltimore, so hold onto him through those weeks because after that, there schedule is cake and they will be involved in A LOT of shootouts, most where they will lose.

Edited by Primetime9287

Im a Tennessee fan and I drafted Calico in my league.  I think if Calico stays healthy, he will put up better numbers than Drew Bennett.  Remember, Bennett only started doing good whenever Volek came in as the starter.  Calico is 6-3 and 220 lbs.  He is a huge red zone target.  Id draft him as a late WR (I got him 13th round) and just watch the situation.  Tennessee does open up against Pitt and Baltimore, so hold onto him through those weeks because after that, there schedule is cake and they will be involved in A LOT of shootouts, most where they will lose.

965234[/snapback]

Don't think so. At least Bennett has some history of playing and succeeding in the NFL. Calico has virtually none. Besides Bennett is a big fast receiver as well. Not 6'3', but something like 6'2'.

Don't think so.  At least Bennett has some history of playing and succeeding in the NFL.  Calico has virtually none.  Besides Bennett is a big fast receiver as well.  Not 6'3', but something like 6'2'.

965262[/snapback]

Well if you think 1 good season that included 3 monster games...

124 yards. 3 tds

233 yards, 3 tds

160 yards, 2 tds

...is success, then I guess your right. IMO, neither one of them are proven. Bennett is 6'5 but he isn't nearly as athletic or fast as Calico. Part of this is you are a Bennett owner. If Calico stays healthy, him and Bennett will both have good seasons because of the Titans playing catch up, but I think Calico will be better. But Ive been high on Calico since he was a rook but he got injured last year, by what is an illegal hit this year (horse collar tackle)

Edit: Hopefully they both have great seasons, more success for Tennessee :D

Edited by Primetime9287

I drafted him in my dynasty rookie/fa draft this year. I think he's in a position to have a very good year. I agree that he may become the #1 wr in Tenn by years end. I think he's definitely worth a late round pick-up, or in smaller leagues, waiver wire pick-up.

Don't think so.  At least Bennett has some history of playing and succeeding in the NFL.  Calico has virtually none.  Besides Bennett is a big fast receiver as well.  Not 6'3', but something like 6'2'.

965262[/snapback]

Bennett is 6'5".

I think Calico has at least as much value as Bennett. Both are learning the new offense, so it just depends on who Chow and McNair choose to target more.

Any homers know anything about this guy?

I liked him last year but he got injured and I havn't seen him (or heard of him) in preseason.

Is he good? #2 WR? Any FF Value?

965164[/snapback]

I expect Calico to quickly become the number 1 guy in Tennessee. last year Bennett was taking advantage of being single covered as every team was doubling up on Mason. this year Bennett will START off the season seeing the best CB on every team. I expect Calico to start off huge because of it,BUT, I expect teams to realize after the 1st few weeks that Calico is the most dangerous WR on Tenne and for teams to start putting their number 1 CB's on him.that should even him and Bennetts stats out as the season goes on and I figure both will have a hard time seeing 1000 yards this season. I would call both Bennett and Calico weak 3 good number 4 WR's.

Well if you think 1 good season that included 3 monster games...

124 yards. 3 tds

233 yards, 3 tds

160 yards, 2 tds

...is success, then I guess your right.  IMO, neither one of them are proven.  Bennett is 6'5 but he isn't nearly as athletic or fast as Calico.  Part of this is you are a Bennett owner.  If Calico stays healthy, him and Bennett will both have good seasons because of the Titans playing catch up, but I think Calico will be better.  But Ive been high on Calico since he was a rook but he got injured last year, by what is an illegal hit this year (horse collar tackle)

Edit:  Hopefully they both have great seasons, more success for Tennessee  :D

965336[/snapback]

And you're a Calico owner. If you discount his opinion, you must discount your own as well. :D

You guys sure think a lot of someone who has done nothing in the NFL.  And someone who has been bothered by his knees throughout the preseason.  I suspect he will be passed on the depth charts by one of the rooks.

966877[/snapback]

What's a "royalwitcheese"? Don't you mean "royale"?

Don't butcher one of the greatest pieces of dialogue ever. :D

I follow the Titans as closely as anyone and real frankly, I am utterly amazed at you folks that think Calico has as much or more value than Bennett. Calico has done absolutely nothing since being drafted out of Middle Tennessee State Univ. He was recruited to MTSU as a linebacker but was converted to WR after 1 year. Yes, he is big and fast and has potential. But I personally have not seen much from him that makes me think he is a sure thing. And he can in no way be seen as having more value than drew bennett, and I am not even that big of a bennett fan for ff owners. I just wonder where many of you get your information because it is based on no empirical evidence...

:D I agree w/Spain. Calico is just hype. ::D

Why is a he a big sleeper on everyone's list? Because last year he was but he never got to show it because he f'd up both knees?? Please. I do agree that Tenn will be in a lot of shooutouts ,however, I think Bennett will be the main beneficiary of that. I actually think Bennett is undervalued this year as people get leary of him for fear that he had just a few good games. Yea, he had a few monster games but what about the other 6td's and 800 yards??. The guy has talent and will be a weapon in that offense whether it's the former MVP or Volek...

just my .02...

I follow the Titans as closely as anyone and real frankly, I am utterly amazed at you folks that think Calico has as much or more value than Bennett.  Calico has done absolutely nothing since being drafted out of Middle Tennessee State Univ.  He was recruited to MTSU as a linebacker but was converted to WR after 1 year.  Yes, he is big and fast and has potential.  But I personally have not seen much from him that makes me think he is a sure thing.  And he can in no way be seen as having more value than drew bennett, and I am not even that big of a bennett fan for ff owners.  I just wonder where many of you get your information because it is based on no empirical evidence...

966999[/snapback]

Good info here. Bennett has shown he can perform, though not as a #1 WR for a full season. He's got game.

Calico does have potential, but that's it at this point. :D