[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

best team i have ever drafted

FiremenCCFFL

i had to sacrafice the end of last season for draft picks this year

but i think its the best team i have ever drafted

16-0 and the super bowl championship !!

anyone see any holes

Name Position Bye Round Overall

Green, Trent QB 5 0 KEEPER

Tomlinson, LaDainian RB 10 0 KEEPER

Davis, Domanick RB 3 1 1

Holt, Torry WR 9 1 2

Johnson, Chad WR 10 2 13

Horn, Joe WR 10 2 23

Benson, Cedric RB 4 3 25

Hasselbeck, Matt QB 8 3 36

Vinatieri, Adam K 7 4 37

Williams, Carnell RB 7 4 38

Palmer, Carson QB 10 5 49

Ravens, Baltimore DT 3 6 61

Lloyd, Brandon WR 6 7 73

Smith, Rod WR 9 9 97

Lindell, Rian K 9 10 109

In defense of Fireman, I also put together a team similar to this in a keeper league. I had injuries and was out of it last year, so I traded some top shelf talent for draft picks this year.

It was alsp the 4th year of a keeper league, so a lot of the top tier talent was back in the pool. This is because the cost to keep them year after year goes up. I suspect this is how firemans league is.

I had the second pick, and my team ended up like this in a 10 teamer:

Green, Trent KCC QB - Keeper, cost a 7th rounder

Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB -

Foster, De'shaun CAR RB -

Holmes, Priest KCC RB -

Johnson, Larry KCC RB -

Jones, Kevin DET RB - Keeper, Cost a 2nd rounder

Shelton, Eric CAR RB -

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR -

Holt, Torry STL WR -

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR -

Johnson, Chad CIN WR -

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE -

Johnson, Eric SFO TE -

Wilkins, Jeff STL PK -

Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def -

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def -

I had 2 picks in each round except the first round until the 9th round. Believe me, when you prepare for next year, it is possible in a keeper league.

I think the title of your post is a bit misleading. It should've read "The best team I have ever sold out for". Anyone can build a great team by throwing the previous year in the toilet. I know I sound bitter about this, but when a cellar dweller can affect the playoffs by trading away studs, it ruins the year for those that drafted well, and played the waiver wire to their favor during the year.

I think the title of your post is a bit misleading.  It should've read "The best team I have ever sold out for".  Anyone can build a great team by throwing the previous year in the toilet.  I know I sound bitter about this, but when a cellar dweller can affect the playoffs by trading away studs, it ruins the year for those that drafted well, and played the waiver wire to their favor during the year.

966199[/snapback]

Preach on.

:D

I think the title of your post is a bit misleading.  It should've read "The best team I have ever sold out for".  Anyone can build a great team by throwing the previous year in the toilet.  I know I sound bitter about this, but when a cellar dweller can affect the playoffs by trading away studs, it ruins the year for those that drafted well, and played the waiver wire to their favor during the year.

966199[/snapback]

That's not true.

In a keeper or dynasty league, there is nothing wrong with having a firesale if you're out of it in order to accumulate picks for the following season. Perfectly legitimate strategy. But, in order to minimize late season dumping of players, you should always have a trading deadline in a keeper league (somewhere around week 10 or so). If you don't want to have a trading deadline, another option is to impose a rule that any players traded after a certain date (again, week 10 is a good option) are not eligible for postseason play (kind of like MLB does) - that way you don't have last place teams affecting the playoffs.

If the other owners in the league have any clue, they are only going to give you fair value for your players so it's not like you're stealing anything. In any case, you have to know what to do with the draftpicks once you get them.

Also, alot of teams look good on paper before the season starts. If Firemen's league hands out trophies in September, then congratulations, we have a winner. If not, he'll be scrambling around the waiver wire trying to fill holes by week 6 just like the rest of us. The fantasy gods have a way of smacking down pre-season braggards.

Edited by Vet

966199[/snapback]

I have to disagree with this as well. As my post above indicated, I was in the same position as fireman last year. I started out the year with underachievers and injuries, and by midseason it was clear I wasn't going to make the playoffs. I traded Priest for a 2nd round draft pick, and Priest then got hurt. So you could say I made a GREAT trade, and the other owner did not. I also traded Rueben Droughons for a 5th round pick, and did so when he was hot. I also made some other trades, and ended up in a great position for the draft this year.

What you people are forgetting is that there are TWO parties to the trading process. If some team owners in a keeper league are willing to mortgage their future to win "this year", then that's their choice.

But I'm getting tired of people getting chastised for making moves to improve their long term situations. That is what a keeper league is about.

i drafted in the 2 hole the other day. i thought i came away with a good team.

peyton.........tomlinson went first

alexander

edge

julius

domanick

owens

holt

chad

ward

gates

gonzo

my backup qb's are nothing special.......mcnabb and bulger. and my 4th wr i'm a little worried about.

this was the fastest draft i ever participated in. i guess thats to be expected when you play in a 2 man league.

hey guys

didnt think my post would cause all this controversy

last year i traded away edgerrin james, joe horn and rudi johnson to teams that were in contention for draft picks

i did that in week 14 so i didnt dump my team until late

i was able to win the "toilet bowl" so i got first pick in the draft

we dont do a serpentine draft just a straight draft

if you notice i had the 1st, 2nd, 13th, 23rd, 25th, 36th, 37th, and 38th picks in the draft

here were the players the other teams in the league kept

T. Green (KC - QB) Firemen

L. Tomlinson (SD - RB) Firemen

T. Brady (NE - QB) MudBugs

A. Green (GB - RB) MudBugs

D. McNabb (Phi - QB) Bullworms

J. Lewis (Bal - RB) Bullworms

E. James (Ind - RB) Jays Insanity

S. Jackson (Stl - RB) Jays Insanity

B. Favre (GB - QB) Kingfish

C. Martin (NYJ - RB) Kingfish

C. Dillon (NE - RB) Bulldogs

R. Wayne (IND - WR) Bulldogs

M. Bulger (StL - QB) Crusaders

T. Owens (Phi - WR) Crusaders

P. Holmes (KC - RB) TheKillerP's

W. McGahee (Buf - RB) TheKillerP's

R. Moss (Min - WR) Conquistadors

D. McAllister (NO - RB) Conquistadors

D. Culpepper (Min - QB) Animal House

R. Johnson (Cin - RB) Animal House

P. Manning (Ind - QB) Padres

M. Harrison (Ind - WR) Padres

S. Alexander (Sea - RB) Bakers Achers

L. Jordan (Oak - RB) Bakers Achers

hey guys

didnt think my post would cause all this controversy

last year i traded away edgerrin james, joe horn and rudi johnson to teams that were in contention for draft picks

i did that in week 14 so i didnt dump mt team until late

i was able to win the "toilet bowl" so i got first pick in the draft

we dont do a serpentine draft just a straight draft

if you notice i had the 1st, 2nd, 13th, 23rd, 25th, 36th, 37th, and 38th picks in the draft

here were the players the other teams in the league kept

T. Green (KC - QB) Firemen

L. Tomlinson (SD - RB) Firemen

T. Brady (NE - QB) MudBugs

A. Green (GB - RB) MudBugs

D. McNabb (Phi - QB) Bullworms

J. Lewis (Bal - RB) Bullworms

E. James (Ind - RB) Jays Insanity

S. Jackson (Stl - RB) Jays Insanity

B. Favre (GB - QB) Kingfish

C. Martin (NYJ - RB) Kingfish

C. Dillon (NE - RB) Bulldogs