[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#9 pick....strategy help!

AO

I'm in a 10 team league that has been going on for 6 years so pretty much all of the teams know their sh*t. I have the #9 pick and have projected that I will be able to get 2 RB's at 9 and 12 (Dom Davis, Deuce, Portis, J. Lewis, K. Jones, or Dillon.) another choice would be to take a solid rb and hen take either moss or owens. last i was thinking about taking daunte if he slips to me and a rb. what do you all think i shoud do with my pick. thanks

I was in same position when drafted earlier this week. I went with DD first because he fell to me and was the highest listed RB. I wanted Deuce, but he was taken at #7. Then on the way back at #12 spot I took Dillon. If Moss would have slipped to me, I think I would have grabbed him, but the guy in #10-11 snagged Moss and Jamal. Personal preference, every year I have played FFL I have stuck with pretty much RB-RB in first two picks and have won my 10-team league championship 3 times since '99. Nothing is a science obviously, but I think the majority would agree that RB's are 1) the most valuable pt scorers and 2) the ones that get hurt or miss games most often, so you can never have too many tier 1's, tier 2's, tier 3's in my opinion. I'd say unless Moss slips to you coming back around for your second pick, commit to one of these left (Dom Davis, Deuce, Portis, J. Lewis, K. Jones, or Dillon) and then hunt for some solid but not spectacular WR corps. QB's unless its Peyton or Daunte to me you can get good value later rounds and not miss out on some quality RB's, WR's, etc.

Hope that helps. :D

I would take best back available at 9 and best available tier 1 player available at QB,WR with the number 2 slot to get 2 very solid players because you won't see another pick until 18 picks from then. My theory is get ahold of the game breakers and then round out your lineup where you need to. will Culpepper or Moss score more points than another teams standard QB or WR - probably! stay tier one but you at least need to pick up one back in the 1st round before you can do that.

I personally like Dillon out of that bunch based on what I have seen in preseason - too many question with Deuce or D Davis - I don't care what anyone says.

I agree with the teir 1 theory. Get the back you like the most at 9 then take Cpep if he's there at 12 or a tier 1 wr. I think you can still get some good value at rb with your 3rd rd pick and maybe even your 4th.

bump...more thoughts please

966108[/snapback]

With all TDs worth 6 pts, I'd take Daunte for SURE. I have the 9th pick in a 10-team league myself, but Daunte will be gone before my pick - so, I'm planning on going RB-RB, probably Dominick Davis and either Dillon or one of the Jones boys. I'll pick up a QB - Trent Green, Brett Favre - someone like that in the 3rd or 4th round (my league has 4-pt passing TDs, but you can use your flex as a QB, so most everyone starts two QBs each week. They go a lot higher in some cases than in other leagues.)

I would think - though you say you've done this league for awhile, so you'd know better than me -- that in a 6-pt TD passing league, more quarterbacks than normal will be taken in the first three rounds. That means some RBs will slip -- if you can live with whoever your 18th or 19th ranked RB is, then you should probably take Daunte if he's still there.

even with teh scoring the way it is there is still a crazy run on running backs. there is no duoubt daunte and manning will go in the 1st round but after that you will still see guys like bulger and mcnabb around in rounds 3 and 4.

even with teh scoring the way it is there is still a crazy run on running backs.  there is no duoubt daunte and manning will go in the 1st round but after that you will still see guys like bulger and mcnabb around in rounds 3 and 4.

966532[/snapback]

If you think bulger and mcnabb will be around at your 3/4 then maybe you should go rb/rb. I still like the idea of a tier 1 wr in there somewhere. Another option if dante falls to you at 9, grab him first if there are 3 rbs you like still on the board then your sure to get 1 of them. Then at 3/4 pick up 2 more rb's. You should be able to get 1 of the rookies and a starter from somewhere.

Another strategy would be to go rb/rb/wr/wr or te, and the try for a guy like collins, green, farve, plummer, hasselbeck at your 5/6

I had 9th pick in a 10 man league. The scoring is in favor of the following in our league: Qb, RB, WR.

I took Deuce with my 9th pick in the first round. THe 10 and 11th pick went to Moss and Portis. I picked up TO with my 2nd pick at #12 since Tier 1 RB's were gone. (Teir 1 WR outscored Tier 2 and 3 RB in our league) The 3rd round McNabb made it back to me and I went with him.