[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis

manray

I noticed Lewis has fallen in the Huddle ratings from 9th to 11th. I assume its because he's still looking a little dinged up in preseason. Any other good reason? Also Julius Jones moved from 12th to 10th ahead of Portis. I know its minor movement, but I was thinking Jamal sitting in the 9 slot in my local on Tuesday.

Lewis does concern me slightly with his health and the fact they have not yet given him a new contract. Just as much I liked KJ and JJ in front of him. I honestly think any of those backs in that tier are relatively the same and should produce about the same roughly.

Lewis does concern me slightly with his health and the fact they have not yet given him a new contract. Just as much I liked KJ and JJ in front of him. I honestly think any of those backs in that tier are relatively the same and should produce about the same roughly.

965671[/snapback]

David, how do you feel about the ankle? Haven't had a chance to see him play.

Sorry, I thought this thread was about what Jamal did in prison. :D

966018[/snapback]

:D

On a serious note, I may have the opportunity to select him in my draft on wed night. Quite frankly, the ankle(plus the contract stuff, Chester, and Boller) have me thinking about whether the potential reward is truly worth the risk with him. Hoping someone takes him before me(#9/12) so I dont have to make the call.

On a serious note, I may have the opportunity to select him in my draft on wed night. Quite frankly, the ankle(plus the contract stuff, Chester, and Boller) have me thinking about whether the potential reward is truly worth the risk with him. Hoping someone takes him before me(#9/12) so I dont have to make the call.

966033[/snapback]

966033[/snapback]

At the nine spot, unless you are playing in a keeper league, you should be able to draft someone like Deuce McAllister, Corey Dillon or Domanick Davis. I would take those guys over Lewis anyway.

At the 12 spot, you can broaden out your selection and take someone like Daunte Culpepper or Randy Moss, if they are still on the board. If they aren't, the guy at the 10/11 spot will have passed up on RBs to get them, and you can come back for Kevin Jones or Julius Jones.

So problem solved!! (unless you don't like Jones & Jones, Moss and Daunte, in which case I am not sure how to help you)

At the nine spot, unless you are playing in a keeper league, you should be able to draft someone like Deuce McAllister, Corey Dillon or Domanick Davis.  I would take those guys over Lewis anyway.

966998[/snapback]

You read my mind. I am looking at those three as my "best bets" if the draft goes according to "plan". However, I do play with a group that includes some pretty big Vikings homers, so I can almost guarantee C-Pep will be gone before my first pick and maybe Moss as well(which is only relevant to me because that will mean another good RB has slid. As a general rule of thumb, I dont take WR with my 1st round picks). Anyways, I am not that crazy about DD or DM. I think DD gets hurt or stuffed or both if he is as much a % of the O as last year. DM is going to be a "gypsy" this year, playing most games on the road. The Saints and people of that region are in such upheaval and misery right now that I am not sure I want to risk my first pick on him. That leaves Dillon, who I feel may have the least upside potential but also the safest pick of the 3. Honestly, I would like to get Dillon and J Jones with my first two picks. I am toying with the idea seeing if I can trade up to the 10, 11 or 12 spot and then take Dillon and Julius. Might be able to get them at 1.09 and 2.04, but the three owners at 10, 11, and 12 are likely to remove 5-6 RB from the board before I pick at 2.04. darn decisions! :D