[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson

Outshined

Agent: Vikings reach deal with WR Koren Robinson

Judd Zulgad and Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

September 6, 2005 VIKE0906.OL

The agent for Koren Robinson said today that the wide receiver has reached an agreement in principle on a two-year contract with the Vikings.

Alvin Keels refused to give any financial details of the contract, but said he expects it to be signed Tuesday.

Keels said Robinson, the former Seattle Seahawks first-round draft pick, won't play in Sunday's regular-season opener against Tampa Bay, but he should be ready for Week 2, when the Vikings travel to Cincinnati.

Robinson, 25, sought treatment this summer for alcoholism and has a Sept. 14 court date stemming from a drunken driving conviction.

He was selected ninth overall by Seattle in the 2001 draft. His best season came in 2002, when he caught 78 passes for 1,240 yards. But the Seahawks released him in June after several off-field incidents, the latest a drunken driving stop in May in which he registered a blood-alcohol content of 0.19.

Robinson pleaded guilty July 18 and was sentenced to one day in jail with 364 days suspended, but the case was reopened when officers smelled alcohol on his breath when he arrived to serve his day in jail.

Edited by Outshined

Is he facing a 2 or 4 game suspension?

Vikings | Taking a Look at K. Robinson

Sun, 4 Sep 2005 16:31:53 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Tice said the Vikings are taking a look at free agent WR Koren Robinson (Seahawks).

966984[/snapback]

What do you think of this, 'shined? Me, I cant stand KR and I will be pissed if they sign him. Pretty sure Kelly Campbell already has the chit-talking pass-dropping drugs-n-alcohol using gun-carrying WR position quota filled, anyways. And we have enough under-achieving Robinsons on the squad as it is.

I thought the same thing.

967324[/snapback]

Me too. It's my understanding that as soon as he signs with a team, the NFL will hit him with a 1 year suspension. He's had another DWI, and then showed up at court drunk to answer the charges. This is after serving a 4 game suspension last year. He's done.

showed up at court drunk to answer the charges.

967341[/snapback]

Just an FYI, but the above is a wee bit off. As RILETT said
Showed up for his one day in jail hammered

967317[/snapback]

Doesn't really matter where this guy showed up drunk. Plain and simple, he is a waste case.

Me too. It's my understanding that as soon as he signs with a team, the NFL will hit him with a 1 year suspension. He's had another DWI, and then showed up at court drunk to answer the charges. This is after serving a 4 game suspension last year. He's done.

967341[/snapback]

The Strib says his court date is 9/14 and the judge might impose the 364 days in jail that was suspended the 1st time and given probabtion instead. It doesn't look like he will be going anywhere for a while.

He was on the radio about 3 weeks ago here, and he said the NFL told his agent he was not facing suspensions.  He said he would be free to sign with any team after he came out of rehab, and could play.

967594[/snapback]

Now that's the NFL I know and love. :D:D

Judd Zulgad and Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

The agent for Koren Robinson said today that the wide receiver has reached an agreement in principle on a two-year contract with the Vikings.

Alvin Keels refused to give any financial details of the contract, but said he expects it to be signed Tuesday.

Keels said Robinson, the former Seattle Seahawks first-round draft pick, won't play in Sunday's regular-season opener against Tampa Bay, but he should be ready for Week 2, when the Vikings travel to Cincinnati.

Robinson, 25, sought treatment this summer for alcoholism and has a Sept. 14 court date stemming from a drunken driving conviction.

He was selected ninth overall by Seattle in the 2001 draft. His best season came in 2002, when he caught 78 passes for 1,240 yards. But the Seahawks released him in June after several off-field incidents, the latest a drunken driving stop in May in which he registered a blood-alcohol content of 0.19.

Robinson pleaded guilty July 18 and was sentenced to one day in jail with 364 days suspended, but the case was reopened when officers smelled alcohol on his breath when he arrived to serve his day in jail.

Judd Zulgad and Kevin Seifert,  Star Tribune

968809[/snapback]

Kare 11 news just confirmed - 2 year deal :D

You can't show up to jail without the "beer goggles"!

I thought that they traded Moss away because of his off-field shenanigans.  This move doesn't seem to fit what they are trying to do in Minny!

968852[/snapback]

I agree, I was kind of baffled by it, but maybe he cleaned up his act? If he didn't, I am sure he won't last long.

Is he worth taking a chance on? I cant believe that they sign him to a 2 year deal to have him sit this year out.

968893[/snapback]

He hasn't been ruled out yet. The only thing that will keep him out will be jail time. The NFL already said that he won't be suspended because he went through treatment. The judge also might not put him in jail for the same reason. We'll have to wait and see.

So Mike Tice got lonely without a headcase WR to babysit? At least Moss was talented...

969116[/snapback]

Pretty much confirms that the Vikings are the "dumbest" team in the NFL. The organization trades away perhaps the greatest WR playing the game today (getting little in return) because he was a distraction/bad influence/jerk/etc and now, before the following season even starts, they have brought in another sick twist who it appears can only catch a buzz with any consistency. I may go to Winter Park tomorrow and slap Tice in his ignorant head. :D