[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minnesota Homers! WR Question

Big Dogs

Ok you Minnesota Homers out there.......and I apologize if someone's already posted this, but I couldn't find anything......

What's the deal with the WR situation up there??? :D

Obviously Burleson is the #1 guy, but who's the real #2.

Travis Taylor or Marcus Robinson?? (or Koren if and when he get's there??)

I ask because I heard awhile ago that Travis Taylor was unseating M-Rob for the #2 spot, but haven't seen updates in awhile, and in both leagues I'm in Travis Taylor is available on the waiver line, and M-Rob is available in one.

I wouldn't mind picking up the #2 guy as they could put up some decent #'s for my 3rd WR or a bye week filler...........but need some answers from the homers out there as to who it really is??? :D

Thanks!!!!

Travis Taylor has been impressing the coaches and has pretty much secured the #2 spot now. Marcus Robinson might still be the main target in the endzone though (for now anyway). Marcus Robinson has good size and decent hands, but the coaches have not been happy with his effort so far. Williamson is a work in progress. Don't expect too much from the kid until maybe the last few weeks of the season. Koren Robinson is pretty much a risk-free investment for the Vikes right now. He's got the raw talent, but if he doesn't show that he can shape up then the Vikes can easily cut him with hardly any ramifications. If he can clean up, learn the offense, and stop dropping balls, he could be in the starting 3 by mid-season (supplanting Marcus Robinson most likely).

Right now, for anybody other than Burlseson, your best bet is probably with Taylor IMO.

I disagree with Savage for the most part. Williamson has a ton of talent, but Tice will make him earn it. He'll do that and take over the #2 spot much earlier than the last few weeks of the seaosn, imo. If the Vikes love Taylor so much, they wouldn't have rolled the dice on Robinson, even if he did come cheap.

Taylor is listed as the #2 receiver for now, but he'll have a hard time scoring anything from the redzone. That will be Robinson's territory. If anyone believes that Taylor is worth anything more than 750 yards and 5 TD, they're idiots. Personally, I feel that he is worth no more than 500 yds. and 2 TD's.

Travis Taylor has been impressing the coaches and has pretty much secured the #2 spot now.  Marcus Robinson might still be the main target in the endzone though (for now anyway).  Marcus Robinson has good size and decent hands, but the coaches have not been happy with his effort so far.  Williamson is a work in progress.  Don't expect too much from the kid until maybe the last few weeks of the season.  Koren Robinson is pretty much a risk-free investment for the Vikes right now.  He's got the raw talent, but if he doesn't show that he can shape up then the Vikes can easily cut him with hardly any ramifications.  If he can clean up, learn the offense, and stop dropping balls, he could be in the starting 3 by mid-season (supplanting Marcus Robinson most likely).

Right now, for anybody other than Burlseson, your best bet is probably with Taylor IMO.

970822[/snapback]

Ditto, Taylor has really impressed and it is only a matter of time before Marcus Robinson goes down with an injury.

Savage is right on...

take it from me, I pimped Burleson from day one...

Taylor should have about 700-900 yds and 5-7 TD's this year...Mrob will have less yards but 6-8 TD's...Williamson will have a few long TD's but nothing consistent...

The ball will get spread around but there are alot of TD's to go around...

Savage is right on...

take it from me, I pimped Burleson from day one...

Taylor should have about 700-900 yds and 5-7 TD's this year...Mrob will have less yards but 6-8 TD's...Williamson will have a few long TD's but nothing consistent...

The ball will get spread around but there are alot of TD's to go around...

970932[/snapback]

This reminds of the Packers after Sharpe retired. Like Moss he dominated the throws and that first year the layers that stepped up got the balls.

I believe whoever is #2 will really be decided by what they do on the field. Taylos has an injury history too.

The depth chart at the Vikings homepage shows Burleson, Taylor, MRob, Williamson. Then they have Campbell listed (KRob) and then Howry who has nothing but special teams duty...Oh yeah, I think Savage hit the nail on the head except that I think Williamson will get more playing time as the season goes on and will be #3 by mid season.

I think anyone besides Burleson is very risky. #2 could have a 100 and a couple TDs one week and no catches the next. I've heard so many different stories out of Tice that it's hard to know what is really going on. Just the opinion of a Packer fan in MN though...

I find it funny how everyone is slobin' Travis Taylor's knob saying he'll be the #2 etc... I challenge anyone to a sigline bet. I bet that M-Rob scores more fantasy points than TT's sorry a$$. Everyone is down on M-Rob and high on TT, yet their past dictates just the opposite. M-Rob has actually produced quality stats before. What has Travis Taylor done?

I find it funny how everyone is slobin' Travis Taylor's knob saying he'll be the #2 etc...  I challenge anyone to a sigline bet.  I bet that M-Rob scores more fantasy points than TT's sorry a$$.  Everyone is down on M-Rob and high on TT, yet their past dictates just the opposite.  M-Rob has actually produced quality stats before.  What has Travis Taylor done?

971447[/snapback]

You better check the injury report before you make that bet.

From what I have heard, seen, and read...I think C Pep will really spread the ball around a lot this year. He has already done that, has the tools to keep doing it, and the offense will be very tough to get a read on if he continues it. Burleson is fantastic and will be the man with both receptions and TD's. I feel Taylor will get the most catches of the rest as he will be a great slot - over the middle possession guy (ala Cris Carter style) and will get a lot of middle field stuff. M Rob will get a lot of Red Zone looks due to his size, but will be the #3 or 4 option otherwise. Williamson will get plenty of opportunities for the big play, and has shown the ability to make it so far. Time will tell, but he will get an opportunity early and often to step up. K Rob essentially replaces Kelly Campbell, and given that perspective, how can the Vikings lose on THAT deal?!? K Rob is very big and fast, and if he can hold it together gives them just another good option, especially in the Red Zone. Those are a bunch of big, good receivers flooding the end zone, IF - I repeat IF - it all comes together.

Don't forget, Wiggins will get plenty of receptions, too. If I had a gun to my head, I would initially think about adding Taylor, but not sure I would at this point. I personally don't care for M Rob, and think he will end up the odd man out eventually.

None of this is new, really, just another opinion from a Viking homer. I rate Taylor pretty highly, personally. Anyone who compares his history in Baltimore to what he could do with Culpepper throwing to him is not really thinking in the right way, IMO. No way to compare those two things, as I see it. How many TD's and yards would Moss have had had Boller and company been throwing to him?

Good luck!

What I like about Taylor is the drive and determination he's shown this offseason. From the moment he became a free agent, his goal was to get signed by the Vikings and earn a starting job.

From all accounts, he worked very hard during the offseason, climbed his way up the depth chart, and now that he's earned the opportunity to start, I think he'll make the most of it.

Talent is important (and Taylor obviously has some degree of talent), but don't discount sheer force of will when it comes to success.

Are you implying M-Rob is hurt or are you just saying he's likely to get hurt before the season opener?  Last I looked, he's fine.

973927[/snapback]

Posted September 4th in the Star and Trib. Just waiting for the injury report tommorrow.

Receiver Marcus Robinson, who has a knot in his hamstring and a sore back, will be evaluated. "I think he'll be fine," Tice said.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5595858.html