[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ohio State / Texas

ROCKNE

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Jim Mora would say "I don't want to hear no more woulda, coulda, shoulda".

981319[/snapback]

Hey SaintsFan...Id shhhhh until after the LSU game because right now you are down 17-7 in the 4th to a much weaker team than the #2 Longhorns that OSU just lost to lol. I don't mind you talking, but if my Noles were down and on the verge of losing, Id keep quiet.

Edit: 17-14 now, you can almost talk again. LOL

Edited by Primetime9287

C.G.'s summary of the game

Texas went into the horseshoe at night where OSU is unbeatable, and gave away 3 turnovers within there 35 yard line and forced OSU into 3 field goals. Tressell got conservative with about 6 minutes left and their FG kicker missed a 50 yarder and Texas went right down the field and scored to take the lead for good.

OSU on offense were offensive, one nice pass to S Holmes for a TD, and notta, shat, nothing else the whole night.

2 Questions need to be asked, Is Texas for real. I have to say I think they are. Would Texas have blown out the Bucks if not for the turnovers. That I don't know. But Aj Hawk is as good as advertised and the DL is definately under-rated for OSU. LB Aaron Harris is better than advertised, and Young is a better passer than I thought.

USC vs Texas for the Rose Bowl? Unless USC gets knocked out by Notre Dame, or Texas by OU, A@M or Tech, this is a collision course for next January.

Best game Ive seen in a while. Though Texas/Michigan last yr was pretty close.

Can an SEC or ACC team go undefeated and take advantage if USC or Texas loses, those questions will be answered. Isnt college football great. When I saw this site had a college forum, I had to get an account to post, not just soak up the weekly predictions and projections.

That was a great game. Ohio State Definitely has the best linebacking corps I've seens since OU had Lehman and Calmus. It was a nail biter. I agreed with every call, but question why the TD at the end was not reviewed, it was a TD. Texas proved to be the better team, if they can eliminate mistakes, they might actually get that championship this year. Their Defense was awesome, holding Ohio to all of those field goals, with the field position that they had. Young looked great with the exception of the stupid INT he threw to aviod a sack. I'm excited about the rookie RB too. It looks like Vince has some chemistry with Pittman, and Sweed looks like he is finally going to be as good we thought when we signed him. Prior to the game, I really didn't buy into the hype about Texas being ranked #2, but now I believe they definitely deserve it, and with the D playing like that, and with additional time for Vince to get accoustomed to the young recieving core, and Charles growing up, they might actually have a shot at that championship. Great game, I wish OSU the best of luck with the rest of the Season, unless we meet agian. :D

Us Buckeyes can take solace in the fact that Cincinnati Colerain, Ohio took out Tyler, Texas last night though.  :D

981331[/snapback]

I still haven't gotten to see the game. darned UIL, and thier stupid rules. No complains here though. You want to talk about tough early schedules, Tyler Lee, played one of the top three teams in Florida and won last week, lost a fairly close game to Ohio's state champion, and plays the #2 ranked team in the state of Texas next week. That is three tough games in a row, outside their district. Then in district they play the #4 ranked team in the State of Texas. Is long as they win the ones that count, I don't mind them loosing one to a very good team from Ohio.

I think you own my sig for this week because of the highschool game. I'll gladly take what ever you give me as I am one happy man tonight.

Hey Perch, Does Mack get the Stoops monkey off his back this yr ?

981371[/snapback]

Yes, OU sucks this year. They lost way too many people to the draft the last two years. They lost their three best WR's, and either two or three lineman to the draft as well as some guys on D. Plus they are starting a freshman QB. I'm still concerned about Texas Tech, as they can beat anyone in the country for one game, but they are too inconsistent to ever be a top ranked shool, and I'm also concerned with A&M for the last game before the Big 12 championship. A&M is Texas' biggest rivalry, and they have made some major improvemnts the last couple of years. Nobody in the Big 12 North scares me though.

Lost my vocal cords tonight in the Horseshoe, for nothing. :D

The defense played their hearts out. Hawk, Carpenter and Schlegel were beasts and did something not many teams have done; contain VY and the running game. He did have a solid day through the air, but Texas as a team rushed for 95 yds and the D forced 3 turnovers including 2 VY ints. A good chunk of Texas' offense came through big pass plays.

Unfortunately, the offense didn't do squat with the opportunities presented to them. 6 FG attempts ain't gonna cut it. Zwick and Smith are both ok QBs who didn't have it in them to make ONE play when the team needed it the most. Fumble on first play of last drive; safety in the end zone by hanging on too long, throwing right into defenders' chests deep inside own territory.. :D

And now I learn VY is a junior. I don't want to play against this guy again, ever; esp. at their place. If we still have our two-headed QB deal going next year, we'll get crushed. :D

Big props overall to Texas. They were the better team and deserved to win. VY is awesome. Oklahoma will get annihilated this year by the Horns.

Lets just say OU has contained Young rather easily the past few yrs, shutting Texas out 12-0 last yr. They have proved the offense doesnt have to be humming to get it done in that game. Peterson alone beat them last yr rushing for 225 yds right through that defense with Derrick Johnson there, which he isnt now. Until they beat OU, I aint buying they can as long as Mack Brown as coach. Brown and UT to Stoops and OU is like that former OSU coach who couldnt beat Michigan regardless of talent.

What few realize is OU has done what Ohio St couldnt do tonight, shut him down not once, but twice in Texas both times, and beat Texas 5 straight. Now Texas is getting all this pub, which is why it amazes me how people dog OU the past 2 yrs, but they are the same team as last minus 2- 1st round picks RB Cedric Benson and LB Derrick Johnson. I dont see Texas as better this yr than last, just other teams are over hyped and Texas has beaten them, like OSU tonight. IN fact Texas has lost 3 games the past 2 seasons and 2 were to OU. Like I said eariler living in Texas Ive watched this team play every game the past 5 yrs and Stoops finds a way to kick them in the ass every yr. When they beat him, Ill buy into it. Not after Texas beating what I consider an over-rated OSU team.

Edited by Clark Griswold