[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trash can report

sarge5121976

what is it?

974356[/snapback]

It is a weekly column dedicated to unearthing value in players most fantasy pundits are currently disregarding that week. The goal is to identify players (including the oft ignored positions of team defenses and kickers) that: (1) have measurable potential to contribute on some level (perhaps only next week, all season, or maybe at some future point in the season); and (2) should be available or inexpensive to obtain in most leagues. The overriding goal is to identify value before it rises appreciably in the eyes of the public at large, rather than once it has peaked. Due to the high-risk nature of the players discussed, a fair percentage of the recommendations don't pan out. But it's pretty surprising how frequently last year better than half of each week's recommendations produced at levels equal to or greater than my expectations. We'll see if that trend continues, or not.

The column specifically does not discuss the top players at any position (maybe top 10-12 QBs, kickers, and team DEFs, top 24 WRs and RBs) as there are tons of other sources for that information. This column discusses everyone else; usually 10-15 players a week. Sometimes there is a feature spot light on a specific player or combination of players. And there is usually ample yammering about allegedly interesting non-football topics.

Edited by yo mama

So, you decided to go with that one, huh?

I was liking some of the other options better.  :D

975837[/snapback]

I kid, I kid.

The title has been changed to "Waiver Wire Warriors." The powers that be wanted something that coveyed, at a glance, what the artilce was all about. And that's what we came up with. While I still have mixed feelings about the new title (I fear change), no changes have been impossed on the content. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to getting things started this year. I love writing the article.

I kid, I kid.

The title has been changed to "Waiver Wire Warriors."  The powers that be wanted something that coveyed, at a glance, what the artilce was all about.  And that's what we came up with.  While I still have mixed feelings about the new title (I fear change), no changes have been impossed on the content.  Regardless, I'm really looking forward to getting things started this year.  I love writing the article.

975875[/snapback]

Looking forward to it, YM!

And as an aside, my weekly IDP Sleeper Report will feature a second section, in conjunction with that week's sleepers, detailing "IDP Waiver Wire Warriors"... guys on the IDP side of the ball that may have value down the road...

Keep up the great work. :D

Should have called it "Waiver Wire Guys That Are Most Likely Available And Could Potentially Help You During Bye Weeks and To Cover Injuries"

975931[/snapback]

We considered that. But the lenght of that title would have wrought havoc on the main page formatting.

I kid, I kid.

The title has been changed to "Waiver Wire Warriors."  The powers that be wanted something that coveyed, at a glance, what the artilce was all about.  And that's what we came up with.  While I still have mixed feelings about the new title (I fear change), no changes have been impossed on the content.  Regardless, I'm really looking forward to getting things started this year.  I love writing the article.

975875[/snapback]

Sorry to see that "The Man" is messin' with ya. :D I thought the "Trash Can Report" was original, definately caught my attention and made for very interesting reading. I think you should use the phrase "Waiver Wire Warriors, formerly known as the Trash Can Report" just so that us veterns know to take a look. There are a gazillion different "Wavier Wire Report" fodder out there. Most are pretty worthless. Half the "Waiver Wire" players aren't available by the time they make it to most reports. You tend to have players that are actually available in most leagues. Best of Luck :D

Sorry to see that "The Man" is messin' with ya. :D  I thought the "Trash Can Report" was original, definately caught my attention and made for very interesting reading. I think you should use the phrase "Waiver Wire Warriors, formerly known as the Trash Can Report" just so that us veterns know to take a look. There are a gazillion different "Wavier Wire Report" fodder out there. Most are pretty worthless. Half the "Waiver Wire" players aren't available by the time they make it to most reports. You tend to have players that are actually available in most leagues. Best of Luck  :D

975945[/snapback]

Well, we forum dwellers have to respect the fact that DMD and WW must also cater to customers who only read the main page. A quick glance at a title can make the difference between whether someone reads something or doesn't. And they definitely wanted people reading the article, so the change was done with the intent of increasing readership. So I was happy to cooperate.

And I pride myself trying to find players who are actually available. Thank you for noticing.

We considered that.  But the lenght of that title would have wrought havoc on the main page formatting.

975939[/snapback]

That's why the Good Lord invented Acronyms! I look forward to the first edition of

WWGTAMLAACPHYDBWATCI.